Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

it was def eren that told historia imo

didn't he last chapter get mad at the thought? Seems weird to think he did it unless you think he's faking outrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kild posted:

didn't he last chapter get mad at the thought? Seems weird to think he did it unless you think he's faking outrage.

he was mad that they wanted to turn her into a titan and baby making factory, so I don't see how him telling historia that they planned to do both of those things were out of character

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

he was mad that they wanted to turn her into a titan and baby making factory, so I don't see how him telling historia that they planned to do both of those things were out of character

The part where she became pregnant because of it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it kept her from becoming a titan so I don't see how this is different from anything he's done since the time skip

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah the original plan was that she had to make heirs to ensure that the Coordinate could continue to be used so that takes priority over actually giving her the Coordinate ability and is entirely within the realm of things Eren would do to keep his friends safe

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Man, they've really improved the pacing of this arc. It feels like we're flying through the story, and I can't wait for next week's wall cliffhanger. The anime-only folks are going to lose their mind.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Squidster posted:

Man, they've really improved the pacing of this arc. It feels like we're flying through the story, and I can't wait for next week's wall cliffhanger. The anime-only folks are going to lose their mind.

Oh man, they just blew right past the journalists and Flegel doing what’s right. I love it.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I feel like the anime's current opening was made for people who are reading the manga. It's such a melancholy reminder of where some of them began versus where they are now, and it's a comparison that doesn't quite work as well with where they are in the anime right now. I've seen a lot of people not caught up on the manga not really liking the opening and I think that might be why.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man Reiner must have felt so awkward when the rest of his group was getting pissed off that one of their buddies had been a traitor for years.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

man Reiner must have felt so awkward when the rest of his group was getting pissed off that one of their buddies had been a traitor for years.

Nah, he probably just turned part of his brain off and went about his business

E: and I mean that very literally

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Viridiant posted:

I feel like the anime's current opening was made for people who are reading the manga. It's such a melancholy reminder of where some of them began versus where they are now, and it's a comparison that doesn't quite work as well with where they are in the anime right now. I've seen a lot of people not caught up on the manga not really liking the opening and I think that might be why.
Last season's opening was exactly the same way. Lotsa imagery that doesn't make sense unless you're caught up on manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what about the whale and other animals!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

he finally feels at home after all these years

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

isayama where is my whale titan chapter

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I just binged 100-108, after having fallen off for a while. :stare:

I was enjoying the post-timeskip stuff before but this really is easily the most interesting AoT has been to me in a long time. Good stuff.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Captain Invictus posted:

what about the whale and other animals!
I always thought of that as "everyone called monkeytime the "beast" titan so here are a bunch of other beasts to show that he has the heart of a beast" or something.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I was rewatching some of the first season of the anime today and man poor Beard Titan was so close to getting his humanity back when he ate Eren. You really gotta make sure to chew when you eat a shifter.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The anime thread have some good theories going (although I'm suspicious of the guy theorizing Zeke is Eren's brother already). Showing Ymir getting injected and eating Marcel has made a lot of people zero in on the thought Grisha was eaten by Eren, which wasn't immediately obvious in the manga's version. When I first read I thought the injection alone gave Eren his powers and mindless titans were created differently.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

The anime thread have some good theories going (although I'm suspicious of the guy theorizing Zeke is Eren's brother already). Showing Ymir getting injected and eating Marcel has made a lot of people zero in on the thought Grisha was eaten by Eren, which wasn't immediately obvious in the manga's version. When I first read I thought the injection alone gave Eren his powers and mindless titans were created differently.

This was my guess as well. I’m watching it with my sister in law and she has no clue about Eren eating Grisha. It’s harder to pick up when it’s been years since watching season 1. Today’s episode was insane. I can’t believe how fast they’ve rushed through this arc. I love it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

How many episodes are in this season? At the pace they’re going, we could get to the sea really soon.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

This season is two cours so a full 24 (or I guess maybe 26)

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It's gonna be 24. We're heading to the ocean, baby.

gently caress me, that little scene where Kruger tells Grisha to save Mikasa and Armin would be a magnificent way to close the season. I'm so hoping they do that.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

poo poo at this pace, we’re gonna get to the sea and Grishas backstory. Oh man it’s going to be wonderful.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
And we get the Colossal/Armored/Beast Titan fight before the basement, which will be loving sick to see animated.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah they’re gonna reach the ocean. And then the next season can start with the Marley time skip

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Beefstew posted:

And we get the Colossal/Armored/Beast Titan fight before the basement, which will be loving sick to see animated.

:black101: THUNDER SPEARS :black101:

Just think about how ridiculously sweet those things will be in the anime. It's gonna be a hell of a season.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the anime looks incredible and I'm still looking forward to levi vs the beast titan

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Probably too fast paced for it, but I'd love it done to a rendition of so ist es immer as he hacks Zeke apart.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

So most of the translations I've read had the premier named "Darius Zackley" but CR is going with Dahlis Zachary which I guess is another way to read that but it looks so weird after reading the former for so long.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Squidster posted:

:black101: THUNDER SPEARS :black101:

Just think about how ridiculously sweet those things will be in the anime. It's gonna be a hell of a season.
After seeing how Levi vs. Kenny turned out, I am waiting with anticipation for how Thunder Spears (and the rest of the brawl in Shiganshima) turn out. I am very glad the studio unanimously decided to blow all their budget on action scenes for this season.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Wonder if they'll tone down the gore when Reiner's face starts regrowing like how they didn't show chunks of necks getting sliced off in s3e2

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Wonder if they'll tone down the gore when Reiner's face starts regrowing like how they didn't show chunks of necks getting sliced off in s3e2
That might be a case of "cut for TV broadcast, uncensored for DVD/Blu-Ray release", to be honest.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't remember how graphic the Reiner thing was but they did also show Eren with his face just straight-up missing earlier in this same season. The neck-slice thing might've just been a matter of them wanting the scene to be really fast.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

JahRoo posted:

So most of the translations I've read had the premier named "Darius Zackley" but CR is going with Dahlis Zachary which I guess is another way to read that but it looks so weird after reading the former for so long.

That's just a result of lovely engrish transliterations of Japanese renderings of European names. His name is clearly meant to be "Zachary," it's like how waaay back in the day before official translations were out, some people were calling Levi "Rivai" or something like that.

One I find weird is how apparently Hange's name is apparently supposed to be "Hange Zoe, and not "Zoe Hange." Like I get that in Asia you put the family name first, but other characters have their given name before their family name.

Also, will next week's episode be the one where Premier Zachary is torturing the nobleman? I want to see how people react to that.
....That's not weird right? Looking forward to seeing that scene?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 21, 2018

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm not sure if the poo poo-machine will be included, but I'm stoked for the Freida-Grisha fight.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Rivaille would've been hella annoying if it stuck

Beefstew posted:

I'm not sure if the poo poo-machine will be included, but I'm stoked for the Freida-Grisha fight beatdown.

:same:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I kinda expect that specific torture stuff to be largely omitted in the same way the reporters were

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I can't remember all the way back to the manga. What's all this about reporters?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
They're knowingly fed propaganda from the inner circle and so their job is to brainwash the masses, young reporter wanted to uncover the grim truths but older reporter was too ingrained in the status quo. I think that's the extent of it, only it was probably more fleshed/drawn out in the manga. This episode you saw Flegel intimidating the old guy into telling the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

redsniper posted:

I can't remember all the way back to the manga. What's all this about reporters?

The guys who job in the present time in the manga is to sell the Paradisian peasants on the need for World War Titan and the coming mass conscription.