Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The wolf thing might be a dummy character element to make sure it's a surprise as to who it'll be given that they know fans will tear through character description to figure out what character is going to show up.

I'm betting they're actually casting a Man/Woman-Bat. That they're open to casting someone of either gender means it's not gonna be someone like Jason Blood/Etrigan or The Creeper since they have a fairly established gender while there've been both male and female "Man-Bats" before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Bruceski posted:

I donno if there's a better-known character for this to be, but poking around about it I discovered a werewolf that Batman fought, Anthony Lupus. His story seems to be "this guy has mild lycanthropy, it just gives him headaches. I can't cure that but I CAN cure full-blown lycanthropy, so I'll turn him into a werewolf and cure that. After a bit of blackmail to use him as a weapon, of course." Which is definitely a backstory worthy of Legends,

Anthony Lupus.

Amazing.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Didn't the character of Cheetah in the comics have male and female versions?

The only thing that I could think of that would make that a very low possibility is the next WW movie using the character as a villain. But DCs got different universes of the TV and Movie Flash running around (no pun intended) at the same time, too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

JediTalentAgent posted:

The only thing that I could think of that would make that a very low possibility is the next WW movie using the character as a villain. But DCs got different universes of the TV and Movie Flash running around (no pun intended) at the same time, too.

Sebastian Ballesteros

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Habibi posted:

Anthony Lupus.

Amazing.

Nah, it's never Lupus

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Up to season 3 now and oh my loving god. How do you get captured by a circus?

Those idiots. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Those idiots. :allears:

I heard this in Darhke's voice

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was thinking of the Hyena, an old Firestorm villain, who I believe has had male and female versions (there was one of each for a while, if I remember right).

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rhyno posted:

I thought you were joking but now I'm at the Hollywood episode.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

Hey, new guy on the ship here. Is that a joke plan, or the real plan?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Dharhkh? It's right there in the OP:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Legion of Doom were really wonderful. Put three giant hams in the same room for a scenery-chewing competition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

I DON'T CHECK THE OP EVERY TIME I READ THE THREAD BRUCESKEE

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I DON'T CHECK THE OP EVERY TIME I READ THE THREAD BRUCESKEE

I'm sure most villains have called them idiots at some point, even if off screen. Like even Marvel villains.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Bruceski posted:

The Legion of Doom were really wonderful. Put three giant hams in the same room for a scenery-chewing competition.

They really should do an episode like that every season. Those dudes are amazing actors. Hell, toss in Tom Cavanaugh too. It could work.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Interdimensional Paintball. Show us what you got, Legends.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

seaborgium posted:

They really should do an episode like that every season. Those dudes are amazing actors. Hell, toss in Tom Cavanaugh too. It could work.

You couldn't possibly fit that much ham in one single place

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

You couldn't possibly fit that much ham in one single place

It's any show could pull this off, it's this one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

seaborgium posted:

It's any show could pull this off, it's this one.

Hell, this show would make it a plot point!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jesus Christ, Crisis on Earth-X was some Wolfenstein levels of dark. How are we gonna get back to normal.

*Beebo The God of War*

This show :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Jesus Christ, Crisis on Earth-X was some Wolfenstein levels of dark. How are we gonna get back to normal.

*Beebo The God of War*

This show :allears:

Stein’s farewell to Jax at the end of Beebo really knocked it out of the park. Doubly so because this version of Stein actually gets to be there for his daughter as she grows up instead of just remembering it after the fact before he goes out like a badass. In the end he lived the show’s core tenet: he screwed things up for the better :unsmith:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

jwalrus posted:

I was thinking of the Hyena, an old Firestorm villain, who I believe has had male and female versions (there was one of each for a while, if I remember right).

That's the other one I couldn't remember because the DC and Marvel universe have so many animal themed villains.

There was an issue of of a DC comic where I think a pair of villains were trying to recruit the Hyena and found them in the middle of a big fight tearing stuff up. There was an exchange like,

"So, there's two Hyena's now right. A man and a woman. Which one is this one?"
"From the back, it looks like the woman."
"I think you're right."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
smdh at legends getting disrespected in the 2018 crossover

Bruceski posted:

I really want Eobard back. I don't care how they do it

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

smdh at legends getting disrespected in the 2018 crossover

I really want Eobard back. I don't care how they do it

Thats the great thing about him, they don't really need a good reason to bring him back. Speedforce.gif

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I’m rewatching Justified and I think Legends needs to get Neal McDonough and Jere Burns together somehow.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

I’m rewatching Justified and I think Legends needs to get Neal McDonough and Jere Burns together somehow.

:hmmyes:

How about a full-fledged Angie Tribeca / LoT crossover?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Bobby Digital posted:

Does Justified hold up? Its a top candidate for a rewatch, but I'm uncertain if it plays well with a binge.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Narcissus1916 posted:

Does Justified hold up? Its a top candidate for a rewatch, but I'm uncertain if it plays well with a binge.

I've also been rewatching Justified, and it's been like visiting old friends.

Also, where's my Kaitlyn Dever-led Loretta McCready spin-off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Better than almost any other show of the last decade.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

It very much does.

howe_sam posted:

I've also been rewatching Justified, and it's been like visiting old friends.

Also, where's my Kaitlyn Dever-led Loretta McCready spin-off?

In for this.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Thirding. Justified is a perfect binge show.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Laterite posted:

:hmmyes:

How about a full-fledged Angie Tribeca / LoT crossover?

I wish Angie Tribeca would come back for at least another season. That show was ace.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Narcissus1916 posted:

McDragon posted:

I wish Angie Tribeca would come back for at least another season. That show was ace.

Good news!

quote:

A fourth season, scheduled for 2018, adds Bobby Cannavale to the cast.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:allears:

I still have a hard time squaring Jacob Pitts playing both Tim and Cooper in Eurotrip.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Did I dream that there's a Justified subplot where Natalie Zea randomly becomes a bankrobber for a few episodes, or does that actually happen? And then never get mentioned again afterwards?

I really loved that show, but it completely lost me midway into Season 5 (the prison subplot with Dale Dickey and Danielle Panabaker was interminable, despite the aforementioned existence of Dale Dickey), and it felt like none of the other plots ever congealed into anything particularly consistent. Subplots would randomly start and then collapse into nothing two episodes later, (the Canadian mob storyline stands out in my mind), and I think -- even when a lot of that stuff was, individually, very good -- all the plotlines ended up getting in the way of each other.

I gather that's not an uncommon reaction to Season Five, but I tried again in Season Six, and I just couldn't fall back into trusting the show again. Perhaps it'd have been better if they'd pushed Ava and Boyd off the show earlier than they did, because I sorta felt like their story was marking time for much of the later seasons but whatever, I never finished the show. Might get around to it one day.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Open Source Idiom posted:

Did I dream that there's a Justified subplot where Natalie Zea randomly becomes a bankrobber for a few episodes, or does that actually happen? And then never get mentioned again afterwards?

Not a robber, but she takes money from evidence which is linked to a robbery, but yeah, they dropped that when they realized how stupid it was

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

I gather that's not an uncommon reaction to Season Five, but I tried again in Season Six, and I just couldn't fall back into trusting the show again.
As mentioned she takes money from evidence, but she does get caught up in a bank robbery in the process. I've been rewatching season two and I forgot how long that subplot goes on for, and the final payoff isn't even in that season?

The last season in general, and the finale in particular are so so good. If you liked the show before season five you owe it to yourself to watch the last season. The final line is just perfect.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Justified owns but dear god is Natalie Zea a horrible actor.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

howe_sam posted:

:allears:

I still have a hard time squaring Jacob Pitts playing both Tim and Cooper in Eurotrip.

It took me the longest time to figure it out. I recognized him from his first appearance but just couldn’t place him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Good news!

hooray! :toot: