Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Caught a high IV Granbull and a couple Mareep already. Event good.

My Go-tcha is gonna get a workout tonight.

e: and a wild Ursaring :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
If you're walking an Eevee to evolve it, you might want to hold off, as you have to walk and evolve an Eevee into both Umbreon and Espeon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Sweet I just snagged a high IV Octillery, like 4 Houndours, and 3 Snubbulls. This day owns.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

LumpyGumby posted:

If you're walking an Eevee to evolve it, you might want to hold off, as you have to walk and evolve an Eevee into both Umbreon and Espeon.

I walked over 10K with one of my Eevees, was planning on making him an Umbreon tonight. If I remove him as my buddy and wait till I get the quest will I have to walk him again or can I just make him my buddy again and it will work?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Epi Lepi posted:

I walked over 10K with one of my Eevees, was planning on making him an Umbreon tonight. If I remove him as my buddy and wait till I get the quest will I have to walk him again or can I just make him my buddy again and it will work?

I didn't even think you still had to have him as your buddy....that you just had to walk him the 10K. I'm probably wrong though.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I restarted my app and then hit a pokestop. My new field research is called "Johto Festival: Catch 3 Sunkern" and awards the evolution item for it. Haven't seen that one before, but I've only been back about a month.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

pubic works project posted:

I didn't even think you still had to have him as your buddy....that you just had to walk him the 10K. I'm probably wrong though.

You definitely have to have the Eevee as your buddy when you evolve it to get Espeon or Umbreon. However you can walk it 10km, swap it out, then re-buddy it and evolve it immediately. Just make sure it’s been walked 10km and pooped out two candies before you de-buddy.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

LumpyGumby posted:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

According to the internet, things you will need to do in the course of the Celebri quest:

- Do the 3rd evolution of a grass-type pokemon (twice)
- Make 3 friends
- use evolution items
- Do the 10km eevee evolution trick for both espeon and umbreon
- ???

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is there a big chunk of additional xp for redeeming the first 3 tasks? I want to know if I should maybe lucky egg.

Also, does anyone know if the game punishes you for crossing timezones? I begin tomorrow in California and land in Norway Thursday morning.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

Johto spawns are also greatly increased, which means get ready for tons of :wooper: :wooper: :wooper: :wooper: :wooper:

e: lol wrong emote

Like 8 new Mons for me today and the research rewards are awesome!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

From what I've heard, the Eevee quests require 10km to be walked after the quest is received.

The quests:
1. Walk 10km with Eevee as your buddy.
2. Evolve an Eevee to Espeon during the day
3. Evolve an Eevee to Umbreon during the night.

Due to how it is laid out you may start pre-walking with one Eevee now so that you can redeem it as soon as you reach that stage of the quest, however the second one will need to start from scratch once you get to that point.

tldr: Only pre-walk one Eevee. Don't go walking 20km with Eevees until you reach that stage of the quest or you'll still need to go another 10k.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Yes! Score one for the busy guy who still hasn't gotten one Eevee to 10k.

That said, I finally saw a long-standing suspicion in action. My wife is still on the Ghost part of the Mew quest, I booted up and saw one outside (with some other Pokemon), booted her up and it was not there, just the other stuff. This game is a dick to you on spawns during quests

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bobulus posted:

According to the internet, things you will need to do in the course of the Celebri quest:

- Do the 3rd evolution of a grass-type pokemon (twice)
- Make 3 friends
- use evolution items
- Do the 10km eevee evolution trick for both espeon and umbreon
- ???

I literally just did the 3rd level evolve on my lucky Bulbasaur. Of course.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pokémon GO is locking out users after scanning internal storage for evidence of rooting

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't root my phone, but this sucks.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

It's also none of Ninatic's business what people do with the equipment they own

Also, what grass types have three evolutions besides Bulbasaur?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

off the top of my head, oddish bellsprout hoppip chikorita seedot lotad treeko

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pez posted:

It's also none of Ninatic's business what people do with the equipment they own

Also, what grass types have three evolutions besides Bulbasaur?

Oddish, Bellsprout, Chikorita, Hoppip, Treeko, Lotad, Seedot.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
OK, I'm getting a bug where as soon as it loads it goes into power save mode so I can't do anything, including turn it off. Anyone else?

Edit: solution was uninstall/reinstall

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 21, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Nice, I finally got 100 candies for my first Venusaur. Time to hold em

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks guys, luckily I'm working on lotad and Oddish now so maybe by the time I get to that part it won't be so bad

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm 12 candies shy of two more venusaur, which I can get in like 15 minutes at the local park easily. These tasks are actually not poo poo so far

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Skiploom is my best chance at 97 candies. Hopefully I can catch a raid tomorrow just to be safe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone explain to me what the defense rating of attacks from CalcyIV is?

I think I mostly figured out how everything else works, but that one is lost on me.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Wow, it's possibly reading storage without permission by using a trick to get around not having it? If an app requests a folder that exists but lacks storage permissions the error is different than if you request a folder that doesn't exist so it's fishing for the names of rooting software that way.

Any other app caught doing this would get yanked off both the android and apple stores and be forced to resubmit but PoGo is a pretty big app so I wonder what will happen.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 21, 2018

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone explain to me what the defense rating of attacks from CalcyIV is?

I think I mostly figured out how everything else works, but that one is lost on me.

Do you mean the shield icon that you can toggle, or something else?

Teeter fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 21, 2018

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Parrotine posted:

Oh! My gotcha wont register or connect to my game anymore. Did they update it so they dont work for android phones anymore?

Try the Gotcha app, it owns for connection issues. Make sure the game isn't up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teeter posted:

Do you mean the shield icon that you can toggle, or something else?

e: I just added a handful of people from the OP sheet to help out with Celebi quest. I nabbed a few names from the most recent pages as well as some far away from me geographically but anyone else may feel free to add me as well. 6059 7180 0264

The underlined bit

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that refers to a pokemon's moveset as it pertains to defending gyms. or in other words, it's mostly meaningless.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Try the Gotcha app, it owns for connection issues. Make sure the game isn't up.

There's no official Go-tcha app for Android. It's only available on the App Store. Unless you mean that Go Companion app?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gym defensive pokemon: ones you think are cute, shinies, regionals outside your region, and unown.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that refers to a pokemon's moveset as it pertains to defending gyms. or in other words, it's mostly meaningless.

Thanks friend

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mustached Demon posted:

Gym defensive pokemon: ones you think are cute, shinies, regionals outside your region, and unown.

don't forget color or theme matching whatever is already there

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Correct

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mustached Demon posted:

sometimes theme pokemon (all flying, all pink, whatever) or ones where you're really desperate for more candies, since 1:100 odds per berry is totally worth it :shepface:

other than that this list is 100% correct

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

don't forget color or theme matching whatever is already there

My mistake forgot the theme gym.

There's a gym at a dog park here with all sorts of dog agility course stuff. We try to keep that as a dog only gym.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

IcePhoenix posted:

The underlined bit

The moveset your pokemon has gets rated there. An "A" rating means the moveset is good for defending gyms

E: beaten handily. I should refresh the page more often

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Space Skeleton posted:

Any other app caught doing this would get yanked off both the android and apple stores and be forced to resubmit but PoGo is a pretty big app so I wonder what will happen.

Almost all bank apps, VOD apps, Fortnite, and a bunch of other F2P games all do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mustached Demon posted:

also ludicolo and wailord

• Locked thread