Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh my god I cannot wait to see the look on Uriah's face when we tell him what happened. I'd loving kill for a scene inside his head where he realizes Enkidel accidentally started a literally unprecedented event just by passively being Enkidel, but even just the look on his face is gonna own.

He probably already has some suspicions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh my god I cannot wait to see the look on Uriah's face when we tell him what happened. I'd loving kill for a scene inside his head where he realizes Enkidel accidentally started a literally unprecedented event just by passively being Enkidel, but even just the look on his face is gonna own.

Uriah absolutely already strongly suspects that Enkidel is the cause of this.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I guaran-goddamn-tee Uriah ran out, saw a rich guy get beat to death by slaves and a general tide of slave violence and *instantly* knew Enkidel was involved with it somehow.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's interesting that Uriah seems to be falling to the same ego-centric tendencies that Esau and Amok exhibited. Apparently becoming closer to a god (more Blooded) makes you really full of yourself.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Since we're playing Uriah, do we poop?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I love Uriah

There Bias Two posted:

It's interesting that Uriah seems to be falling to the same ego-centric tendencies that Esau and Amok exhibited. Apparently becoming closer to a god (more Blooded) makes you really full of yourself.

Counterpoint: Uriah actually is the best

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can we make choices as Uriah like we could with Damuzi?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Uriah is pretty loving awesome.

And, I think his egotism, and in particular the fact that he even thinks that there's something even just a tiny bit wrong with the fact other people aren't as awesome as him is evidence that we've started to infect him with our strange ideals, with the egotism itself just being the natural consequence of having been taught by everyone around him that because he's quite blooded and fairly closely related to the king that he is just Better.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Aabcehmu posted:

Uriah is pretty loving awesome.

And, I think his egotism, and in particular the fact that he even thinks that there's something even just a tiny bit wrong with the fact other people aren't as awesome as him is evidence that we've started to infect him with our strange ideals, with the egotism itself just being the natural consequence of having been taught by everyone around him that because he's quite blooded and fairly closely related to the king that he is just Better.

It's not just this. There's definitely something supernatural going on. We can see it with Enkidel in the way his Well has a message about how great he is.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
EAT ALL CHORIZO, starting with the high quality CHORIZO down to the icky burned badly cooked stuff

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There Bias Two posted:

It's not just this. There's definitely something supernatural going on. We can see it with Enkidel in the way his Well has a message about how great he is.

We have that because we really are great and all our desires will come to fruition.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Stopping at this shithole was a great idea. Hopefully we remember to untie the sacrifices at the front gate when we bail.

Also, Uriah doesn't think he's the best. He'll take second best, behind El.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

super sweet best pal posted:

Goons must leave Uriah alone or like anyone else who doesnt have Enkidel's dumb-luck aura they'd get him killed

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being

There Bias Two posted:

I’m not convinced that, if there were a supernatural Greatness aura centered on Enkidel that it’d make Uriah think that he himself is awesome, rather than enhance his opinion of Enkidel.

I’m also not totally convinced that the messages in our well are a consequence of our nature, so much as they’re tampering by outside forces. I don’t know why exactly one of them would want us to think we’re great, it could be our progenitor wanting to do us a misguided solid for all I know. I just don’t think we can conclude that it’s something that is naturally going to bleed into the blessings we give our people.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

super sweet best pal posted:

No. We were not ready to set up the next vote but didn't want to leave you with nothing tonight.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"we're so great" specifically only showed up when we released the "True" Tales iirc

too bad we had a sweet as gently caress rendition of Battle at Acco that we had written up and then never released :argh:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hopefully none of that as to Uriah is too surprising, it would be things Enkidel would probably know based on the way Uriah has acted. Though not mentioned alongside his uh, strong opinion of himself, is something else Enkidel knows about, his bravery, courage, a very strong sense of obligation to his people and a willingness to place himself in danger for the betterment of others, even strangers(if he thinks they deserve it).

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
That's the vibe I got off him

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
You guys forget that there's the message of "Blooded people are just better" which is constantly reinforced every single drat day by everyone.

Combine that with practical examples: Uriah fighting demons that lesser men can't, and it would be very very hard for a Mighty Man to not get high off their own farts.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"we're so great" specifically only showed up when we released the "True" Tales iirc
We got. "Hurrah we're awesome wooooo" imprinted on our well when we released a self-aggrandizing filtered version of our exploits. Funny thing, that.

I wonder, if we'd been 100% accurate, would we get some hate, would Uriah get more love, would we have been significantly weaker at the Battle of Acco, etc. On the other hand, would the PTB have a better opinion of us, and have helped us deal with the hunger like Jael intimated was possible?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

You guys forget that there's the message of "Blooded people are just better" which is constantly reinforced every single drat day by everyone.

Combine that with practical examples: Uriah fighting demons that lesser men can't, and it would be very very hard for a Mighty Man to not get high off their own farts.
There's 2 kinds of "Blooded people are just better"

There's "Blooded men are physically superior and capable of great strength, quick thinking, and some even feats of awe-inspiring mysticism" which everyone agrees to as it is a demonstrable fact

and there's "Because of their superior stature and powers blooded men are more noble, moral, and born rulers over their unblooded brothers" which everyone outside of Zepath (and maybe a few other great cities/dynasties like Efrat) believes

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well, Tuds is Blooded As gently caress, is a walking Tac Nuke, and seems pretty swell overall?

Hey, we should get mom&dad to vacation in Kavodel. Maybe get that fertility Aura to kick in?

Man, imagine of that works. Like, holy crap that'd change a buncha stuff.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Diogines posted:

No. We were not ready to set up the next vote but didn't want to leave you with nothing tonight.

That's a shame, having Uriah resolve to go study under scholars at the University on the way back would've made for a good interlude.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Blasphemaster posted:

We got. "Hurrah we're awesome wooooo" imprinted on our well when we released a self-aggrandizing filtered version of our exploits. Funny thing, that.

I wonder, if we'd been 100% accurate, would we get some hate, would Uriah get more love, would we have been significantly weaker at the Battle of Acco, etc. On the other hand, would the PTB have a better opinion of us, and have helped us deal with the hunger like Jael intimated was possible?

The hunger thing is hard to determine because we also voted to ask some big priest about it I think? And I think Diog was like ":thunk: hmm why do these powerful beings, who hate interacting with lesser beings directly if it can be at all avoided, decide not to send a direct telegram when some old robe could just belt out words???"

imo iirc the Acco book is much more El centric and is like glory mixed with tragedy and even goes over some common unbloodeds doing stuff and living and dying. I think releasing it could potentially juice up the region and not just us? (I think our city and our guys count as us for gettin juiced purposes. Like this is sort of a spiritual mob situation or liegelord kinda deal.) Impossible to know. I mean El could be giving out all kinda poo poo to people but we don't realize because we can't see them except with human eyes. I'm pretty sure El gives out favor to regular scrubs but it's obscure and probably according to some incomprehensible rubric, like Ruth but small, because almost always the small people only accomplish small things.

I mean, does our aura really come out of us or do we just think that or what? In general bountiful crops come from El for real, right? Maybe El's like "aaay this dude's alright." I think this stuff might be coming from El even if it's a total jackoff self aggrandizing book. Maybe God's just like "eh he did some glories to me, then he writes this book? alright that's how he do, so do him up like that," and it sort of makes sense because turbobastards still make it up the mountain, and El is about the contract.

Of course if El gets really pissed we're completely beyond any concepts of hosed. Melachim jail is nothing compared to that. He was slightly displeased a couple times and we could have been evaporated just like that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's find some rare bowmaking material in the grasslands and order Uriah to drop it and a ton of gold off at Hadad's on the way back to Kavodel as an apology for how rude he was last time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hadad doesn't want an apology he wants us to jump in the pit

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Hadad was A; insulted we didn't show up in person
and b: had already told us that by the time we outgrew the bow he did sell us, it was because at that point the only way we could improve was to build one ourselves.

Also, thank you all for your kind words about my words! Now, let us see where this slave revolt takes us.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
We're gonna be grounded for like two hundred more years at LEAST

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

420 Gank Mid posted:

There's 2 kinds of "Blooded people are just better"

There's "Blooded men are physically superior and capable of great strength, quick thinking, and some even feats of awe-inspiring mysticism" which everyone agrees to as it is a demonstrable fact

and there's "Because of their superior stature and powers blooded men are more noble, moral, and born rulers over their unblooded brothers" which everyone outside of Zepath (and maybe a few other great cities/dynasties like Efrat) believes

I think the first bit includes the " superior intellect, strong moral standing, creativity" and all that as well.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I think the first bit includes the " superior intellect, strong moral standing, creativity" and all that as well.

Zepathans do not believe being blooded makes you more moral. That's been brought up loads of times that this is something that sets them apart from most of the rest of Ur. Like not eating pork.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All of Ur has brainworms from horrible blooded tapeworms. Only Zepath has been spared from this fate.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

420 Gank Mid posted:

Zepathans do not believe being blooded makes you more moral. That's been brought up loads of times that this is something that sets them apart from most of the rest of Ur. Like not eating pork.

Not that they are morally superior, but that they have a stronger adherence to their own morals? I could have sworn that was a thing, them being more stubborn / loyal to whatever they choose.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Uriah is definitely one of the many many high points in our life. We are all better for having known him.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

the_steve posted:

Uriah is definitely one of the many many high points in our life. We are all better for having known him.

+1

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Uriah's self-image seems to be pretty accurate, actually. He is not a complicated man and has no need for self-deception.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 21, 2018

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Explaining what happened to our old bow might be problematic.

'Hey, Haddy-o, I broke that bow you gave me and the replacement has a few bugs, can you craft me up a new one?'
'What?! That thing was priceless, why were you so careless!?'
'It wasn't my fault! A snake blew it up!'
'What the hell are you... A snake...? Oh gently caress, is that thing is around? Fair enough, I'll just get some dragon bone here and.............
'.......... wait, how are you alive?'

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Uriah's self-image seems to be pretty accurate, actually. He is not a complicated man and has no need for self-deception.

Uriah is basically a cat. This is fine.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Outrail posted:

Explaining what happened to our old bow might be problematic.

'Hey, Haddy-o, I broke that bow you gave me and the replacement has a few bugs, can you craft me up a new one?'
'What?! That thing was priceless, why were you so careless!?'
'It wasn't my fault! A snake blew it up!'
'What the hell are you... A snake...? Oh gently caress, is that thing is around? Fair enough, I'll just get some dragon bone here and.............
'.......... wait, how are you alive?'

'Funny story, actually. Have you ever cut a leg off a starfish?'

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I got better. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
We should jump in the pit imo.