Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chows posted:

Nick Vincent without a beard is weirding me out

If it makes him pitch better, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Astros and the A's pairing up for a series. I honestly don't know what to root for.

Edit : Seems so boring and mathematical, but I guess I'm just going to root against which ever team has the better record for each game. So, go A's for today. Kinda.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 17, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:suicide:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Astros and the A's pairing up for a series. I honestly don't know what to root for.

Edit : Seems so boring and mathematical, but I guess I'm just going to root against which ever team has the better record for each game. So, go A's for today. Kinda.

Hey guys. I think I just redefined “moot point.”

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
lol balk

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mariners win on walk off balk. I’ll take it!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Most Mariner win possible?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I BELIEVE

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Anyone else amused by Kershaw's angry yell in the 6th there when he missed a pitch up 8-1?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Felix is a liability

I, myself, do not

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Keith Atherton posted:

Felix is a liability

I'd like to know who else would be the fifth starter, though. Is Iwakuma anywhere close to being back?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If Felix managed to pitch around the effectiveness he had tonight for the rest of the year, I'd be ecstatic.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Pungry posted:

I'd like to know who else would be the fifth starter, though. Is Iwakuma anywhere close to being back?

Hisashi Iwakuma is never going to pitch again and I will have to find new excuses to wear my bear hat

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Newsflash: Robbie Canowns.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
These uniforms are an eyesore

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Edwin Díaz is cool and good

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shiroc posted:

:hai:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shiroc posted:

:yeah:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnChxEyBERC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3x6l4da86gyl

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It is fitting that the Padres gave the Mariners the last rites for their playoff hopes.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Also fitting that Felix goes 7 strong with 2 runs allowed and the mariners can't score any of their many baserunners (also how did Nix throw 8.1 IP with no strikeouts)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hello darkness my old friend

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I’m told there’s always next year.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I’m told there’s always next year.

:(

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
My goal for the Mariners for the rest of the year is to finish with the 5th best record in MLB and miss the playoffs. They're 5.5 back of Oakland for real playoffs, or 4.5 back for the wtf achievement.

Cubs - 78-53
Cleveland - 75-56
Atlanta - 74-57
Seattle/StLouis - 74-58

Then if things get really bad - the quest for 7 more wins to get to .500.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Shiroc posted:

It is fitting that the Padres gave the Mariners the last rites for their playoff hopes.

Perhaps, though continuing to piss on their grave the next day has been uncalled for.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

At least Scott got a neat haircut, that was fun

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The season was fun if also super frustrating. Maybe Díaz can get the league save record next year.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's still possible he could get the record this year, we just need to win 13 more games.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That absolutely won’t happen.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm expecting the Mariners to win the Oakland series to look like they're back in it, then get wrecked by the Orioles.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I’ll take any hijinx at this point. Who cares the mariners being absolute losers is their legacy.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
41 years watching this team

Nothing surprises me anymore except success

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

The Mariners' MO is doing just well enough to get you to believe so they can break your heart. I wasn't gonna fall for it this year but dammit they got me again.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Shiroc posted:

The Mariners are good again and this will never change!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lmao I bet they still lose

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Haniger's going to hit 30/100 this year.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ok Nevermind they are mashing tonight.

I’ll take it. gently caress Oakland.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Shiroc posted:

I'm expecting the Mariners to win the Oakland series to look like they're back in it, then get wrecked by the Orioles.

All aboard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God DAMMIT I’m already back on board. If we sweep Oakland we are 2.5 out of the second wild card slot.

• Locked thread