Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bushi makes sense simply because he's hiromu's teammate and the division isn't that deep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are burying the lede here which is that CHUCKIE T AND THE BEST FRIENDS ARE COMING BACK :neckbeard:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Destruction tour info:

ROAD TO DESTRUCTION
September 7th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Shota Umino and Ren Narita vs. BC Elite (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Juice, Elgin, Finlay, and Ayato Yoshida vs. BC OG (Fale, GoD, and Ishimori)
Toa Henare vs. Beretta
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and TAKA)
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Kanemaru, and Despy)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and GBH vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and YOSHI-HASHI
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Will Ospreay vs. Golden Lovers

ROAD TO DESTRUCTION
September 8th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Shota Umino and Yuya Uemura vs. Yota Tsuji and Ren Narita
Ayato Yoshida vs. Chase Owens
Makabe, Elgin, Finlay, and Henare vs. BC OG (Fale, GoD, and Ishimori)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Desperado, and TAKA)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Will Ospreay) vs. Golden Lovers and Yujiro Yakahashi
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Juice Robinson vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okda and Beretta)

ROAD TO DESTRUCTION
September 9th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 BST
Togane Arena, Chiba

Yota Tsuji vs. Yua Uemura
Elgin, Yoshida, Umino, and Narita vs. BC OG (Fale, GoD, and Ishimori)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and El Desperado)
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI)
CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, Beretta, and Ospreay) vs. Omega, Ibushi, Yujiro, and Chase
Satoshi Kojima Comeback Match:TenCozy, Nagata, and Nakanishi vs. GBH, Juice, and Finlay

DESTRUCTION IN HIROSHIMA
September 15th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

KUSHIDA, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask IV vs. Roppongi 3K
Toa Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale
Michael Elgin and Ayato Yoshida vs. Killer Elite Squad
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and Best Friends) vs. Kota Ibushi, Yujiro Takahashi, and Chase Owens
NEVER Trios ChampionshipBC OG(c) (GoD and Ishimori) vs. Juice Robinson, David Finlay, and Ryusuke Taguchi
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, ZSJ, Despy, and TAKA)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and GBH vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Jay White, and YOSHI-HASHI)
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

DESTRUCTION IN BEPPU
September 17th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST
Beppu B-Con Hall, Oita

TenCozy and Yota Tsuji vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, and Yuya Uemura
David Finlay and Ren Narita vs. Toa Henare and Shota Umino
KUSHIDA, Taguchi, Liger, and TMIV vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay and Roppongi 3K)
Best Friends vs. Killer Elite Squad
L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Kanemaru, and Desperado)
Tanahashi, Juice, and GBH vs. CHAOS (Okada, White, YTR, and Y-H)
NEVER Openweight ChampionshipHirooki Goto(c) vs. Taichi
Special Singles MatchTetsuya Naito vs. Minoru Suzuki

DESTRUCTION IN KOBE
September 23rd at 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST
Kobe World Hall

Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
Shota Umino and Ren Narita vs. Roppongi 3K
Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado)
GBH, Taguchi, and Yoshida vs. TenCozy, Nagata, and Nakanishi
Best Friends vs. Killer Elite Squad
Juice Robinson. David Finlay, and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Jay White, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and SANADA) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, ZSJ, and TAKA)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Semi-finals:KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI
WK13 IWGP Championship Challenge Certificate:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

FIGHTING SPIRIT UNLEASHED
Sepember 30th at 8:00 PM EDT/1:00 AM BST
Walter Pyramid, Long Beach CA

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship Semi-Finals:Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll
IWGP Tag Championship:Young Bucks(c) vs. Guerillas of Destiny
IWGP US Championship:Juice Robinson(c) vs. Cody
rest of card tba

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 20, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGTfl1s5pdc

The last 2 minutes completely worth it for Okada/Marty build

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada making 205 with his hands :vince:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he has been working a lot safer though
Doesn't mean he's not stupid.

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh god, that Beyond the Mat parody. :allears:

Also a Mark (and Vicky) Haskins sighting!

Looking forward to see who will tell Marty he's hosed next.

Rarity posted:

Okada making 205 with his hands :vince:
loving ruthless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Couple thoughts on the Jr tournament:
- Hiromu :(
- I like the four. Wouldn't have minded seeing Taguchi in there.
- I think Ospreay is moving up soon and I'm sorta feeling Ospreay vs Ibushi at WK13 if Ibushi doesn't win the belt. So rather than him I would honestly put Kushida over then have him drop to Ishimori at WK13...
- And hopefully Hiromu will be better by BoSJ '19 and you can run Hiromu/Ishimori 2 IN THE OSAKA DOME, HAROLD.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

also, here's hiromu's beautiful weird letter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x1KN-xrs3c (it's also linked in that tweet, but you should watch it, seriously)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
does Jericho have a rumored return date yet or is it just gonna be Wrestle Kingdom at this point

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I appreciate Hiromu going through the trouble of having his short subtitled for American fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bard Maddox posted:

does Jericho have a rumored return date yet or is it just gonna be Wrestle Kingdom at this point

I wasn't really getting my hopes up for a Destruction match, but if he doesn't at least work KoPW then gently caress this whole thing and I hope he just gets lost after Wk13.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah It needs to be around otherwise you get the Brock Lesnar problem of people poodling around without a belt to fight over.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

minoru-san on twitter pointed out that he has a space in his schedule around kopw. wonder if they'll do kenny vs kota for the title or just headline it with an ic match?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh hell yeah the newer young lions are back!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its gonna be real sad if they use Jericho to quietly retire the IC belt after so many people worked so hard to make it as equally prestigious as the Heavyweight title.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

Yeah It needs to be around otherwise you get the Brock Lesnar problem of people poodling around without a belt to fight over.

There's so many belts that this is not a problem.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I like Chris Jericho the wrestler, and I want to see him wrestle again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Its gonna be real sad if they use Jericho to quietly retire the IC belt after so many people worked so hard to make it as equally prestigious as the Heavyweight title.

No problem, Juice can just do the same for the US title.

Also, 'so many people' is a weird way of spelling 'Shinsuke Nakamura'

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

No problem, Juice can just do the same for the US title.

Also, 'so many people' is a weird way of spelling 'Shinsuke Nakamura'

Nakamura
Naito
Omega
Tanahashi
Tanaka

all had a turn and had good defenses with it. I'd argue Goto too but this forum has a strong Goto disrespect bias.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nakamura held it for the better part of 2 years (with Almas/La Sombra briefly in the middle) before Tanahashi even sniffed at it, and Tana's first IC title win was in the main event at the Dome. At that point the belt's pretty much defined as being a top level thing. So I'll maybe give you the Ace as contributing, but Omega and Naito were well after it's bona fides were established.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The run with Naito disrespecting the old white belt - and then Tanahashi cleaning it up - was also pretty glorious.

If anything, the NEVER singles belt needs to be retired, and the US can hold steady as mid-card. The IC is still valuable as a second main title, and yes Jericho needs to lose defend that very soon.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

With Tana putting the challenge ticket up against Okada, do you think there's any chance they pull the trigger on that changing hands? They have the G1 winner put thier case up every year, it stands to reason that there could be a non-disaster bailout circumstance where they actually have him drop it, and I could imagine much worse than this one

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sanguinia posted:

With Tana putting the challenge ticket up against Okada, do you think there's any chance they pull the trigger on that changing hands? They have the G1 winner put thier case up every year, it stands to reason that there could be a non-disaster bailout circumstance where they actually have him drop it, and I could imagine much worse than this one

I guess if you want to make people mad at Okada.

But that's not the story they're telling. Okada beat Tana earlier this year and then they went to a draw at the G1. Okada not being champ is making him loopy and Tana has one last ride of being the Ace of the company. If Okada beats Tana it sort of ruins both stories they're telling.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Also if we're working on the assumption that Kenny keeps the belt going into January (pretty safe assumption, as awesome as Ishii main eventing the Tokyo Dome would be) then I don't think they're going to do Okada/Omega V until at least like, Sakura Genesis at the absolute earliest.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sanguinia posted:

The question about changing the ticket is always the same one: "Why not just have that guy win the G1 instead?"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

The question about changing the ticket is always the same one: "Why not just have that guy win the G1 instead?"

Winning the G1 is still a massive career achievement, arguably a bigger deal than getting the Dome main event (the briefcase gimmick didn't even exist until a few years ago), and I don't think losing the case necessarily lessens the prestige of coming out on top in that grueling month-long grind.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And you can make a case this year that Tanahashi winning is 100% the right call given the build and crowd reaction and also make a case that he may not be the guy to main event the dome (He should though, he should 100% main event the dome and win)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

Depends on what the storyline is. Like what if Jay White won the G1 by ref bumping his way to the top of the mountain. You can't possibly have Jay White headline the Dome, so you'd use the ticket to get to your real main event and have Jay White get his comeuppence.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And you can make a case this year that Tanahashi winning is 100% the right call given the build and crowd reaction and also make a case that he may not be the guy to main event the dome (He should though, he should 100% main event the dome and win)

Tana's time is over, this is the age of The Cleaner :colbert:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

I guess if you want to make people mad at Okada.

But that's not the story they're telling. Okada beat Tana earlier this year and then they went to a draw at the G1. Okada not being champ is making him loopy and Tana has one last ride of being the Ace of the company. If Okada beats Tana it sort of ruins both stories they're telling.

Win, draw, that pattern suggests a loss. Which means Okada could get a win back vs the Ace next year (G1?) to continue the story.

Tanahashi could be the one to lose the case. He’s bulletproof, which means he’s the one you could hurt the least by taking that away. Think John Cena failing MITB. Better question is who else (non-Okada) would take it?

Naito? Possible.
Jay White? That’s a hell of a rocket pack
Ibushi? Don’t see it
Suzuki? Don’t see it
Zack Sabre Jr? Real long odds, though I could see him challenging and losing (which would still continue his long-term elevation)
Anybody else in CHAOS? It would signal a rocket push
Anybody in LIJ? Same, though teasing it for EVIL/Sanada would be interesting (second defense?)
Nobody else in Bullet Club makes sense, possibly Cody but that would even be a bit of an early rocket push.

There’s only two realistic candidates, and only two, three, maybe five with a real outside shot. But it would signal NJPW going big on somebody right now, which isn’t NJPW booking.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Tana's time is over, this is the age of The Cleaner :colbert:

The Cleaner is long dead but if he were around The Ace of the Universe would easily crush him.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Sanguinia posted:

hes going to drop it to naito

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nah, I think Tana goes to the Dome. Him winning the belt and carrying it to the Garden is at least a very, very solid backup plan if WWE raids ROH and NJPW in January.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Somebody is going to be the first G1 Case challenger to topple the Champ at Wrestle Kingdom and Tana is as good a choice as any. Every year outside of maybe Stardust Genius Naito's run there have been all sorts of reasons for why the G1 winner should finally do it, and yet it still has never once happened, and you could argue that it has been the right call every time, no matter how much we all wanted Okada/Omega/Naito to win. I feel like it could be a real big deal when it finally does happen.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

remusclaw posted:

Somebody is going to be the first G1 Case challenger to topple the Champ at Wrestle Kingdom and Tana is as good a choice as any. Every year outside of maybe Stardust Genius Naito's run there have been all sorts of reasons for why the G1 winner should finally do it, and yet it still has never once happened, and you could argue that it has been the right call every time, no matter how much we all wanted Okada/Omega/Naito to win. I feel like it could be a real big deal when it finally does happen.

This is why Naito is going to do it. Not only will he finally win the title at the dome, but he'll do it with the G1 briefcase, AND be the first person to successfully challenge for the briefcase.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nothing good will ever happen for naito

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Your Parents posted:

This is why Naito is going to do it. Not only will he finally win the title at the dome, but he'll do it with the G1 briefcase, AND be the first person to successfully challenge for the briefcase.

Except Naito doesn't have a claim to the briefcase like Jay White (only one who beat Tana) and Okada (draw+Tana wants to beat him) do, so why would they even make that match?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

Except Naito doesn't have a claim to the briefcase like Jay White (only one who beat Tana) and Okada (draw+Tana wants to beat him) do, so why would they even make that match?

This line of thinking sounds very not-tranquilo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Run a fan poll for who gets the shot, Jay White vs Naito. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Run a fan poll for who gets the shot, Jay White YTR vs Naito. :v:

Fixed that for ya