Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froist
Jun 6, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

Once you get Pinecone and the evolution in your Pokedex, that quest is a total throwaway

And once you've got both genders of the evolution. And a shiny. In both genders. Of both forms. Part-timer :colbert:

mastershakeman posted:

They spawn in the wild, but good luck ever seeing one without a scanner. I got my first one at 9pm in light industrial zoned areas parking lot

Wtf. This is like going to St Louis and seeing sunkern everywhere, I don't see them outside of events, ever

I've only previously seen one miltank in the wild in my area, but caught three more yesterday. Seems like they've definitely upped the spawn rate for this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I've never seen a Pineco. I thought they were a myth.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I saw one pineco months ago and didn't know what the gently caress

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Three larvitar spawned on my doorstep before leaving for work this morning. Event is good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
drat, step 3 for Celebi is hatch 9 eggs, glad I've had a bunch of super incubators sitting around for months.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Seifer, you are forever MY DUDE for sending me that specific gift.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pubic works project posted:

Seifer, you are forever MY DUDE for sending me that specific gift.

:thumbsup:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I'm sorry I sent you a boring gift. I'll make sure I find a great one to send you this week.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I'm sorry I sent you a boring gift. I'll make sure I find a great one to send you this week.

I'm going to SeaTac airport this weekend and already have a great gift in mind for you.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I just saw a Pineco raid for the first time today, but I was driving and couldn't stop. Are they really rare or did they just start spawning? Gonna be bummed if it was something I'll never see again.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I was visiting LA last weekend, stayed in Santa Monica, and spent some time at Santa Monica pier. Some thoughts:

- holy crap, there are a lot of spawns there, especially rare stuff.

- holy crap, there are a lot of spoofers there. At least that made it very easy to do a few 4/5 bowser raids: the lobby would fill up almost immediately.

- I tried to collect lots of cool gifts from the pier. Of course, I would never get gifts from the cool stops (but Starbucks would always give me a gift, natch.) I wish there were a way to swap/substitute the postcards because grinding for gifts feels especially silly.

Anyway, that's my story! Hope goon friends enjoy the gifts, like Zoltar or the Pacific Wheel.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I'm going to SeaTac airport this weekend and already have a great gift in mind for you.

Seatac has the greatest stops for gift giving of any airport.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Quest progress:
Johto festival: Catch 3 Sunkern
[===============2            ]
[======1                                ]
[0                                             ]

Number of sunkern seen today: 0

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Louisgod posted:

drat, step 3 for Celebi is hatch 9 eggs, glad I've had a bunch of super incubators sitting around for months.

I'm glad you posted this because I was not aware and have five eggs incubating right now just to clear out my inventory. Guess I need to not go walking until I get to level 3

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wheany posted:

Quest progress:
[===============2            ]
[======1                                ]
[0                                             ]

Number of sunkern seen today: 0

Lol yep, I have to delete those nonstop .

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is it time for a Johto thread title?

Pokemon GO: Something something Johto game still dead.

edit: Seriously how the hell do you wordplay off of Johto? :psyduck:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Siets posted:

The last thread was "Johto's Bizarre Adventure"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Siets posted:

Last thread was called "Johto's Bizarre Adventure" actually.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I just saw a Pineco raid for the first time today, but I was driving and couldn't stop. Are they really rare or did they just start spawning? Gonna be bummed if it was something I'll never see again.

I caught one walking around the lake this morning.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Oyster posted:

The last thread was "Johto's Bizarre Adventure"

Glorious bastards... :allears:

So is there a guide anywhere that details how to make a consistent effort to finding Mewtwo? I know that I need to get an EX Raid Pass and to get that I need to be a certain rank with various gyms and from there it’s RNG. Noted PokeHipster Trainer Tips said in one of his videos “we know which gyms to target and how many badges you need to get an EX Raid Pass” but then failed to elaborate on what those details were.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
As far as I know, to get an EX Raid pass you just need at least one raid in one eligible gym. Everything else is up to RNG. EX gyms are always found in parks, and to be eligible they need to get a certain raid traffic so you'll find them only in cities, if you're a rural player you're out of luck.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Pineco itself is crazy rare, most of the time. At least near me, it is.

I've seen more in two days than in the past two years.

Jackhammer Rape
Oct 19, 2006
She had it coming...
Returning rural player here.... oh god help me.

This is my compromise to stop me angry ranting at Niantic via email about why I always have no loving ammo..

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Siets posted:

I imagine we'll get a new thread title when Sinnoh releases.

Pokemon GO: Sinnoh no you didn't

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pokemon GO, and Sinnoh More

:catholic:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Johto 2: Sunkern Boogaloo

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's a Sinnoh one plays this game.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Black Feather posted:

EX gyms are always found in parks,

I don't think this is correct considering the only EX raid I have ever done was at a Sprint store gym.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Soarer posted:

I don't think this is correct considering the only EX raid I have ever done was at a Sprint store gym.

Yeah it’s actually parks and sponsored gyms.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

New thread title: Pokémon GO: I Sinnoh What You Did Last Summer

Or maybe Pokémon GO: I Sinnoh What You Caught Last Summer

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught a perfect lvl 30 Snubbull and a wild Tyranitar at lunch, it's a good day.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

There's a punk-rear end bitch who works in my building who uses two accounts...camps a Blissey and a Vaporeon with them. Then when I try to take the gym, he spams Golden razzes. Pissing me off.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Soarer posted:

Yeah, sponsored gyms as well I guess. I didn't think about that because they don't exist in my country as far as I know.

e: also "parks" according to OSM, which doesn't always exactly mean actual parks in the real world if the mapping is off.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There's a punk-rear end bitch who works in my building who uses two accounts...camps a Blissey and a Vaporeon with them. Then when I try to take the gym, he spams Golden razzes. Pissing me off.

Keep doing it and let him burn off all his golden razzes. It's a hell of a lot easier to farm potions and revives than golden razzes.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's Sinnohn-ly a game

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Keep doing it and let him burn off all his golden razzes. It's a hell of a lot easier to farm potions and revives than golden razzes.

Yeah I kept on attacking my entire lunch period and I'll do the same when I leave work.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bah. Getting back into the game after being off since 2016. Looked up where the EX Raid is near me. It's right on the main intersection in town, on a little spot of grass with no convenient parking. So, pretty much, I imagine everyone gets their gym badge up for it by driving past and spinning.

This is a college town, everyone already drives like complete dipshits. I wonder how many rearends that gym has caused...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I actually enjoy that part of the game, keeps me from knocking out a gym too easily if someone is paying attention.

I don't know, I guess knowing the people here and talking poo poo when they get booted is a good time. Hell, my sister sent me texts last month as she was murdering a gym I was in and all I could do was laugh. I couldn't berry in time so it was even better.

Caught this gently caress today finally!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

PathAsc posted:

I actually enjoy that part of the game, keeps me from knocking out a gym too easily if someone is paying attention.

I don't know, I guess knowing the people here and talking poo poo when they get booted is a good time. Hell, my sister sent me texts last month as she was murdering a gym I was in and all I could do was laugh. I couldn't berry in time so it was even better.

Caught this gently caress today finally!

It's really the two accounts thing that bugs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Yeah I kept on attacking my entire lunch period and I'll do the same when I leave work.

Do you leave and rejoin every time you win a battle?

• Locked thread