Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

November solicits:

https://www.newsarama.com/41468-marvel-comics-november-2018-solicitations.html

The most important news: Larocca isn't drawing at least two issues of Star Wars.

And also the first issue of Uncanny X-Men is $8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

'Black' costume. Maybe it is to fit in on Magnito's team.
Wonder what the emblem on his left shoulder is.

He really should just look like Dean Ambrose circa 2017, jeans, belt buckle, tank top, maybe taped up hands, and boots. The only accessory he needs is some kind of cowboy hat. :colbert:

Exactly!

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 21, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jiro posted:

He really should just look like Dean Ambrose circa 2017, jeans, belt buckle, tank top, maybe taped up hands, and boots. The only accessory he needs is some kind of cowboy hat. :colbert:

Pretty much how he looked when he came back last year.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

That costume is so bland he really should just go as Logan and let Laura be Wolverine :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/perilous_siege/status/1031957225475121154

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kates facial expressions are so great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roth posted:

November solicits:

https://www.newsarama.com/41468-marvel-comics-november-2018-solicitations.html

The most important news: Larocca isn't drawing at least two issues of Star Wars.

And also the first issue of Uncanny X-Men is $8

The solicit for X-23 #6, yes, that, I want that.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

need

this

now

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you can wait a few hours, issue 1 is out tomorrow.

The Iron Man cover in the solicits is really something

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This is exactly why you don't put Tony and Reed in the same room. They just have the worst ideas and somehow both think they will be able to keep the other in check but nope, instead they just encourage each other.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

howe_sam posted:

The solicit for X-23 #6, yes, that, I want that.

Haha holy poo poo yes. This better be goofy as hell.

Also: gently caress an $8 comic kicking off a weekly series. I wonder if it's at least gonna be a double-length issue as opposed to one of those horseshit ones that's a regular length issue plus four lovely backups nobody cares about.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you can wait a few hours, issue 1 is out tomorrow.

The Iron Man cover in the solicits is really something

Bayonetta is crossing over into Marvel???? News to me!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I want Quire and Gwenpool snogging just for the gently caress of it and not because they're dating.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The one thing i wanted from wca was quentin and gwen not being involved romantically in any way cuz qq is a huge piece of poo poo but i guess im getting it whether i want it or not

Diet Poison posted:

Haha holy poo poo yes. This better be goofy as hell.

Also: gently caress an $8 comic kicking off a weekly series. I wonder if it's at least gonna be a double-length issue as opposed to one of those horseshit ones that's a regular length issue plus four lovely backups nobody cares about.

Uncanny 1 does look to be a 72 page issue

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I want Quire and Gwenpool snogging just for the gently caress of it and not because they're dating.

Gwen's smart enough to know that Quire just keeps showing up in stuff, so sticking around him is basically plot armor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doesn't that work the other way around? it's hard to write drama around the guys that you know aren't gonna be killed off, so bad things tend to happen to the people around them instead

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Maybe she's a Grant Morrison fan.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't be so sceptical about it. Both have pink hair. Quentin likes kissing people who remind him of himself.

That was the only good part from that recent Jubilee team book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Don't be so sceptical about it. Both have pink hair. Quentin likes kissing people who remind him of himself.

That was the only good part from that recent Jubilee team book.

Generation X was a decent book that didn't know what it wanted to be and had a title that was 20 years out of date.

They should do a book about all the kids of the snake related villains trying to make it good. Call it snake people.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

First issue of WCA didn't quite grab me.
It has one of those hero recruitment/interview montages. Some of the characters are funny, but it feels like a huge cliche by now.

edit: This is kinda interesting. IDW's new Spider-Man comic is just called "Spider-Man". Not 'Marvel Kids Adventures For Kids: Spider-Man and Pals' or anything.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/0...turbo-launches/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 22, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

It has one of those hero recruitment/interview montages. Some of the characters are funny, but it feels like a huge cliche by now.

Worth it for the many faces of Kate Bishop. There was some good av material in there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Generation X was a decent book that didn't know what it wanted to be and had a title that was 20 years out of date.

Yeah. It gave the impression it was going to be more about Jubilee, but instead it was about the kids who were kind of a mixed bag.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kelly still has the love for kate and america in wca but tbh i couldnt tell if she had even read a gp comic before putting her in the book

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I enjoyed West Coast Avengers well enough, but I do have trepidation regarding Gwenpool. At least she wasn't monkey cheese random Deadpool-lite so far, so the book gets points for that.

I saw someone elsewhere point out that if she used her powers to cover Quire's room with towels, it only makes sense if we see 200 panels with him leaving his towel on the floor given how her powers work, though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i knew as soon as gwen showing up as a mercenary again that kelly probably didnt bother finishing the gwenpool book and the towel thing did, to me at least, felt pretty "this is what a deadpool type would do", so that kinda tanked my expectations on wca

e: really wish wakanda forever was made an ongoing

site fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 22, 2018

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Yes please!

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I'm getting back into things after about 5 years out of the game. I'm going through Marvel Infinite to catch up on some of the Now titles cicrca ~2013 I remember liking when I was forced to drop comics for a while. I particularly liked Hickman's Avengers, Hawkeye, Jason Aaron's Thor, and Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man.

What else has been happening in the last few years that's worth catching up on?

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TheLoser posted:

I'm getting back into things after about 5 years out of the game. I'm going through Marvel Infinite to catch up on some of the Now titles cicrca ~2013 I remember liking when I was forced to drop comics for a while. I particularly liked Hickman's Avengers, Hawkeye, Jason Aaron's Thor, and Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man.

What else has been happening in the last few years that worth catching up on?

Everything Al Ewing wrote. Started with Mighty Avengers spinning out of Infinity. Young Avengers volume 2.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TheLoser posted:

Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheLoser posted:

Aaron's Thor is still going. Buy everything he's written with Thor in the title (including Secret Wars: Thors).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Squirrel girl
Ewing's the ultimates
Unbelievable gwenpool
Ewing's new avengers/usavengers
Kelly Thompson's Kate bishop Hawkeye
Ms marvel
A-force

Anyways I'm not quite sure what it was but today's punisher felt a lot more punisher-y than the armor arc did. Hope it continues

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He's probably just loving with us, but AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1032438616860098560

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Honey badger solo plz

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This week, punisher by Matthew Rosenberg

Last week, multiple man by Matthew Rosenberg

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Skwirl posted:

He's probably just loving with us, but AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1032438616860098560

i just thought about how much i miss spider-man and the x-men

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

TheLoser posted:

The Vision miniseries by King
Moon Knight by Lemire
Mockingbird by Cain
Daredevil by Waid
Black Widow by Cain

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Billzasilver posted:

i just thought about how much i miss spider-man and the x-men

RIGHT? That flashed through my head again. I really hope that happens, along with more interaction with Stego, and Sauron.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kalan needs a ongoing, or at least a longer mini.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Kalan needs a ongoing, or at least a longer mini.

He's probably too busy working on the Daily Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

He's probably too busy working on the Daily Show.

He hasn't been writing for the Daily Show for the past like 3 years, I don't remember if he left when Jon Stewart did or before that but it's been a while.