Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How does it end? Is there some way I could find a plot summary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

iirc your character kills himself

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There are only two good video games: TEW and SLAMMED!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Artelier posted:

How does it end? Is there some way I could find a plot summary?

quote:

The plot follows the path of a fictional pro wrestler attempting to prove himself as the strongest there is. Through a long train of ranked matches, he slowly gains notoriety as a wrestler as well as the grudging respect of his contemporaries.

The hero encounters Akira Maeda's fictional sister and falls in love with her, but she spurns his romantic intents, causing him to fall into a deep depression. To make matters worse, just before his championship match, he watches as his American trainer is killed right before his eyes. Even after becoming the undisputed pro wrestling champion of the world, it's a hollow victory without anyone to share it with. Deciding that everything was all a waste of time, he commits suicide.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Basic Chunnel posted:

There are only two good video games: TEW and SLAMMED!
I played Slammed on my phone a few years ago, I can confirm that it's really good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Boco_T posted:

I played Slammed on my phone a few years ago, I can confirm that it's really good

It really is. It's like $4 and really replayable. It is text only though if you are a "graphics mark"

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Iirc Ric Flair expy Dick Slender turns out to be behind the dead trainer, and he also seduced the protagonist's love interest.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Trying to break it to a friend that there's no link for creations between PC and PS4.

He owns a mac so can't get it for steam.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Thirding SLAMMED! as loving amazing. Cheap as hell, goes on sale on steam pretty often too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Trying to break it to a friend that there's no link for creations between PC and PS4.

He owns a mac so can't get it for steam.

Can he not run Boot Camp

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Can he not run Boot Camp

he doesn't know what that is. I don't know what that is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Takuan posted:

Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 2!
-Trevor Belmont vs Matt Riddle
-Scorpion vs Princess Peach
-Duke Nukem vs NEMESIS
-Link vs Tracer
-Gilgamesh vs Bowser
-Dracula vs THE DOOMSLAYER
-Ganondorf vs Zangief
-Mettaton vs Solid Snake
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

No one loving cares.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I care too, even if I usually end up missing the shows :(

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

he doesn't know what that is. I don't know what that is.

Lets you run Windows on your Mac. Basically you set aside a portion of your Hard Drive and install Windows (which you have to buy still) on that, and that's your Windows HD and you can have it startup from either one at any time.

Timby posted:

No one loving cares.

C'mon, don't be like that. I drop in whenever I can, it's fun.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Timby posted:

No one loving cares.

It's a good time. This is super lovely and uncalled for

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 19, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Timby posted:

No one loving cares.

Shut the gently caress up and ignore Takuan if you think their posts are that much of a chore to get through this thread, where it's at least on topic

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Was simming the other day and got this gem of a match ending:

https://imgur.com/f6N76gv

EDIT: Linked to avoid breaking.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

OctoberCountry posted:

Suda Fire Pro Summary

what.

....i wanna experience it someday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

crazily enough the only Super Fire Pro to receive a complete fan translation was Super Fire Pro Wrestling: Queen's Special

if anyone's curious was a SNES/Super Famicon Fire Pro plays like:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1232/

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I would like to thank those that care for proving that people do, in fact, care.
And for those that care:
Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 3!
-Tracer[0 ]vs Scorpion[0]
-Ganondorf[2] vs Matt Riddle[2]
-King Bowser[2] vs Princess Peach[2]
-Trevor Belmont[2] vs THE DOOMSLAYER[2]
-Link[4] vs Solid Snake[0]
-Dracula[1] vs Duke Nukem[2]
-Gilgamesh[4] vs Mettaton[2]
-NEMESIS[3] vs Zangief[4]
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

And even if you don't care, come check it out anyways! It'll probably be more fun that Summerslam! :haw:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

coconono posted:

crazily enough the only Super Fire Pro to receive a complete fan translation was Super Fire Pro Wrestling: Queen's Special

if anyone's curious was a SNES/Super Famicon Fire Pro plays like:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1232/

Fire Pro X Premium has a mostly-complete fan translation, and I'm pretty sure the guy translating didn't know who half of the roster was so a lot of the indies and shoot-style guys end up with some really out-there renames.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't think I'll ever get tired of weird AI booking in TEW. The AI just put Headbanger Mosh over The Rock for the IC title in 1998. I can't imagine what algorithm suggested that that be a good idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I read that as Weird Al booking, which, as we know, means Macho Man loses to a male hamster.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Welp, the NJPW DLC is delayed until "September" for PC users, so it'll probably be out in time for Halloween. Even worse is that the major mod suite for Fire Pro may not get updated to work with the DLC until the end of the year.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Takuan posted:

Welp, the NJPW DLC is delayed until "September" for PC users, so it'll probably be out in time for Halloween. Even worse is that the major mod suite for Fire Pro may not get updated to work with the DLC until the end of the year.

And the booking dlc is still a nebulous time after that, i guess?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

As far as I know they have made no statements about how this affects further DLC one way or the other. Would not surprise me if it was pushed back even further.

Though, hell who knows, "September" could mean September 4 :suicide:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

FFS... I've been waiting for the 5 voice slots since I found out that was a thing.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Yeah, those five voice slots are going to be a real help. Right now almost all of my edits have one short grunt or noise for strikes and a longer/more distinctive one for their finisher/impressive signatures and it would be great to mix it up a bit more.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PublicOpinion posted:

Yeah, those five voice slots are going to be a real help. Right now almost all of my edits have one short grunt or noise for strikes and a longer/more distinctive one for their finisher/impressive signatures and it would be great to mix it up a bit more. have Tanga Loa yelling EAT poo poo for all of them.

Let's be real.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Anyone ever play https://www.journeyofwrestling.com ? I just came across it today. Seems like a fun little booking sim you can play on mobile

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Anyone ever play https://www.journeyofwrestling.com ? I just came across it today. Seems like a fun little booking sim you can play on mobile

I hadn't heard of this. It looks pretty neat. I like how easy it is to load different scenarios. Also the first card I had to book was Royal Rumble 1993 and the auto booker came up with Bret vs Hogan in a Casket Match as the main, which seems symbolic

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

triplexpac posted:

This game seems good, thanks for posting.

Wrestling Spectator News

Kurt Angle gets ribbed
Big E doused himself with a ton of oil before a house show match with Kurt Angle. There was so much oil that Kurt Angle couldn't even get Big E up for a suplex as Big E kept slipping and around the ring and hitting him with baseball slides. Everyone was happy with it except for Kurt Angle who was seen disgusted with it backstage.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L posted:

Let's be real.
Yeah, I was going to say that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, I was going to say that.

I would also accept Juice's "AWRIGHT BAY BAY!" or TAKA going "JUST TAP OUT".

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Fumaofthelake posted:

This game seems good, thanks for posting.

It’s an interesting mix of kayfabe and not, kinda like old pre-EWR sims. Like in my ROH game, AJ Styles injured KENTA for real, and the game set up a feud between them coming out of that.

There doesn’t seem to be any promos or angles involved in the game, so it might be better suited to recreating indie feds than WWE.

Edit: they track some interesting things in the stats tab...

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 22, 2018

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

triplexpac posted:

It’s an interesting mix of kayfabe and not, kinda like old pre-EWR sims. Like in my ROH game, AJ Styles injured KENTA for real, and the game set up a feud between them coming out of that.

There doesn’t seem to be any promos or angles involved in the game, so it might be better suited to recreating indie feds than WWE.

If you use "Book Segment" you can set up promos. Some of them have specific requirements (and some are locked behind the paid version). The auto booker will set them up sometimes too. These can only be done on weekly shows though, not PPVs.

The autobooker is kind of funny. Sometimes it makes really good decisions, sometimes very WWE decision (like having two 2v2v2v2 tag matches on the RAW before a PPV). The simulator also had Undertaker get his first win against AJ Styles on his last appearance of the year...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Fumaofthelake posted:

If you use "Book Segment" you can set up promos. Some of them have specific requirements (and some are locked behind the paid version). The auto booker will set them up sometimes too. These can only be done on weekly shows though, not PPVs.

Thanks! Found it now. I looked at a PPV, guess that’s why.

I went ahead and threw the dev $15 for the full version, seems fair enough. Want to encourage anyone who is putting out a half decent alternative to TEW.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Anyone confirm that Takayama's "NOOOOOOOOO FEEAAAAAARR" vocal from D/Returns is in World? I can't wrestle a full match unless my edit has it mapped to as many moves as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That looks really promising. Totally gonna kick them 15 bucks to support them.

Edit: Haha the scale can go to 6 stars for match ratings.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 23, 2018