Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Fuckoff with this Vancouver bullshit. Benning's a bum, Aquilini's scum, and that roster's poo poo. The Canucks are nothing.

EK going to Dallas and I'll hear no more of it.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Karlsson for Dahlen Heiskanen and a 2nd

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/1032361150787334150

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so, it’s definitely true then

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Benning has probably mixed up the Karlsson's.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Looks like we got august headlined

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The following teams still require local relevant/custom goal songs:

ARI
BOS
BUF
(CAL has an Ontarian band?)
CHI
COL
CBJ
EDM
FLA (Jimmy Eat World for ARI?)
OTT
PIT
SJS
TBL
VAN
WPG

Carolina moves off this list today by adopting Petey Pablo - Raise Up!

As offseason as it gets.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Just let Boeser pick Vancouver's goal song. He's going to be doing most of the scoring anyways.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/walsha/status/1032405683180896256

lol Walsh is pissed

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Chimera is a bit of a fitness freak from what I remember, and I think he could definitely still be useful to a lot of teams who need depth.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Chimera is a bit of a fitness freak from what I remember, and I think he could definitely still be useful to a lot of teams who need depth.

Like every dude who plays past 33 is a huge fitness buff, that doesn't make them any more likely to be an effective hockey player at an advanced age. Bodies break down over time. No amount of late nights in the gym can undo that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

ThinkTank posted:

Like every dude who plays past 33 is a huge fitness buff, that doesn't make them any more likely to be an effective hockey player at an advanced age. Bodies break down over time. No amount of late nights in the gym can undo that.

that and reflexes start to go

can't reverse aging (yet)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I also love how Walsh says Chimera had 20 goals two of the last three seasons. That's technically correct, but he had all of 3 goals last year. That miiiight just be why people think he's done.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I had no idea Chimera was still in the league.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DOOMocrat posted:

Fans here always talk about wanting the Dropkicks back as our goal song, and don’t get why having the most Boston band of all time representing a place that isn’t Boston is just daft.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
What if Linden quit because Aquilini told him to sell the future for one season of Karlsson

What if Cohen flipped after Trump told him to pay off Russian hackers through back channels

What if something about Elon Musk

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

ThinkTank posted:

I also love how Walsh says Chimera had 20 goals two of the last three seasons. That's technically correct, but he had all of 3 goals last year. That miiiight just be why people think he's done.

Yeah, but he’s only 39, and not 40!!

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Ginette Reno posted:

It seems hard to believe that Edmonton could manage to miss two years in a row with a player like Mcdavid.

Chiarelli says hold my beer

I looked at their team on NHLNumbers. They're doomed. Poor McDavid.

DOOMocrat posted:

PIT

I'm partial to Andrew W.K. but it would own if Black Moth Super Rainbow did their goal song.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
It's August 22nd, and we get an unfounded rumour that a large market Canadian team is contemplating a play for the best player available? Sure something is happening other than lovely sportswriters burning electrons before training camps open.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DOOMocrat posted:

CBJ

As offseason as it gets.

I thought The Black Keys' "Ohio" would've been a cool victory song if done right a few years ago after I heard it in a bar. I could picture a celebratory line greeting :cop: after a win to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKy2HFBcYww

That said, they'd probably have to blast Buckeye Battle Cry to appease the dumbshits who are outraged tonight Urban Meyer was suspended three games.

e- Twenty One Pilots are from Columbus but I don't know much about them. Joe Walsh and Dave Grohl are also Ohioans. Wild Cherry is from Ohio as well if you want the comedy option of "Play That Funky Music".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 23, 2018

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

It seems hard to believe that Edmonton could manage to miss two years in a row with a player like Mcdavid.

Chiarelli says hold my beer

It's going to be impressive watching McDavid put up 120 points while the Oilers manage to miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years of having McDavid.

Fire Chiarelli.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How long before McDavid 100% justifiably asks for a trade, Oiler fans turn on him and start calling him "Con-Man", and Chiarelli gets 50 cents on the dollar?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'll never turn on McDavid. If he asked for a trade I'd be loving thrilled for him because at least that means he should go to a team that can actually loving win with him.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Watch him end up in Pittsburgh

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Spelling Mitsake posted:

gently caress you man

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The story of Joe Murphy.

Man this is loving sad: https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/1032404089806700544

https://www.tsn.ca/video/tsn-original-finding-murph~1466368

The NHL needs to do a better job of coming to terms with what type of devastation playing the game can cause.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

As someone who watched way too much Jason chimera last year, I can confirm that he, in fact, can no longer fly

He's one of those one tool players (speed) where once that tool goes, hoo boy is he a steamin pile of dook

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Trotz loves him some Chimera — so if he can’t get a contract with the Islanders, he’s done.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought The Black Keys' "Ohio" would've been a cool victory song if done right a few years ago after I heard it in a bar. I could picture a celebratory line greeting :cop: after a win to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKy2HFBcYww

That said, they'd probably have to blast Buckeye Battle Cry to appease the dumbshits who are outraged tonight Urban Meyer was suspended three games.

e- Twenty One Pilots are from Columbus but I don't know much about them. Joe Walsh and Dave Grohl are also Ohioans. Wild Cherry is from Ohio as well if you want the comedy option of "Play That Funky Music".

He might have been born there, but Grohl grew up in Virginia and AFAIK doesn't really consider himself 'from Ohio'.

We don't have much talent come out of NoVA, let us have Dave :(

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Spelling Mitsake posted:

:awesome:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Still better than Toronto or Calgary!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Why would he go to Calgary if he can't win in Edmonton? I'd think the Jets would have a good pull if they keep up the play they've had the past couple seasons

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Shut up

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Leafs have hired some known names:

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1032603935113207808

Good for Wick

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Leafs have hired some known names:

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1032603935113207808

Good for Wick

Wickenheiser is cool but good for Robidas too. He would have been pretty justified in wanting nothing to do with the team after Robidas Island turned his name into a joke but instead of staying home and collecting a pay check he stuck around to help out with the Marlins and turned that into a real gig.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

ARI
BOS
BUF
(CAL has an Ontarian band?)
CHI
COL
CBJ
EDM
OTT
PIT
SJS
TBL
VAN
WPG

Carolina moves off this list today by adopting Petey Pablo - Raise Up!

As offseason as it gets.
Black and Yellow seems like a pretty easy pick for PIT. The horn even segues into it decently.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like this is fitting for Colorado, plus it would really get the crowd going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PQ4fRQ5Kc

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sooo is Gallagher saying EA sports is overrated (correct) or his own rating?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fifty Three posted:

Black and Yellow seems like a pretty easy pick for PIT. The horn even segues into it decently.

After winning two Cups with Party Hard the chances of the Pens changing their goal song any time soon are slim to none.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless Boston changes theirs then Pittsburgh will probably just steal that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I feel like there's a really obvious one for Boston.

It's poo poo Towne

• Locked thread