Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm totally down for KBM in cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

I'm totally down for KBM in cup.

2 brothers one cup?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

tater_salad posted:

2 brothers one cup?

If this happens, this needs to be next year's thread title.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 19, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

shame on an IGA posted:

I went to a race at Myrtle Beach last night that had three red flags and 11 of 26 cars left on the track by lap 12.

The last 50 lapper I went to had 30 cars start, 15 by lap 3 (35 minutes of real time) and finished the night with 8, almost 2.5hrs after it started.

I hate those nights.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR can't change the schedule until 2021 so :lol: here comes the All-Star package:

quote:

Earlier this month, teams were sent a proposal for a rules package that included up to 14 races with reduced horsepower designed to slow the cars down to group them into packs. That dynamic would be achieved by preventing the drivers from having to lift in the corners, producing a much slower version of the races seen four times a year at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.

https://autoweek.com/article/nascar...ent=autoweekusa

What was the logic for the track sanctioning agreement anyway? Another "Brian France Pretends He's Football" dickstep? :tif:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They want to grab more of the watch it for the wrecks crowd that doesn't know what an apex is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR can't change the schedule until 2021 so :lol: here comes the All-Star package:

What was the logic for the track sanctioning agreement anyway? Another "Brian France Pretends He's Football" dickstep? :tif:

lmfao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

Oh good, we're split-era IRL now.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

So like make the cars treat every track like Daytona? Cool now I can't argue with my friends that NASCAR is more than just mashing the gas and turning left

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
When the governing body states that they'd like more tracks to not involve drivers lifting, you can safely assume more eyeballs going to Indy, IMSA, and other actual forms of racing.

Next year at Daytona needs to have a center stage with a PT Barnum style ring leader. And clown breaks under competition yellows.

Edit: I still want my god drat ramps, Nascar.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I mean...I don't think it's an awful idea from the "cookie cutter races suck anyway so why not mix it up for one of two races" perspective, but still, not the best look. To that end, I think we're at the point where most tracks other than Daytona, Talladega, Bristol and maybe a couple others need to go down to one race with places like IRP, Iowa, Eldora, and a couple more road courses going in their place, but :lol: that's never going to happen as long as SMI and ISC want to make money.

It's another example of NASCAR completely missing the point. It's basically "It's not the tracks, it's the car, but we have no idea how to fix it, so throw plates on.".

Whoever suggested Tusken Raiders in IRC was on to something.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 21, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the ideal nascar schedule would be the daytona 500 and then 35 races at the charlotte roval

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the ideal nascar schedule would be the daytona 500 and then 35 races at the charlotte roval

And then cancel NASCAR because everyone died

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Wicka is that you??????

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This is me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mischief posted:

When the governing body states that they'd like more tracks to not involve drivers lifting, you can safely assume more eyeballs going to Indy, IMSA, and other actual forms of racing..

Lol like those people are gonna start watching other racing instead of marathons of Street Outlaws, Moonshiners, American Chopper or Curse of Oak Island or some stupid redneck poo poo like that.*

*Forged in Fire is exempt because it, in fact, owns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pack racing at Daytona and 'Dega is a byproduct of the restrictor plates, not the reason they used it.

So leave it to NASCAR to think that's what people want. Crashfests.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

:chloe:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

oh how i wish

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol like those people are gonna start watching other racing instead of marathons of Street Outlaws, Moonshiners, American Chopper or Curse of Oak Island or some stupid redneck poo poo like that.*

You forgot Duck Dynasty.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

Oh good, we're split-era IRL now.

There it is.

And the worst thing about Furniture Row is they’re based in Colorado, which may be good for quality of life but it makes changing teams a whole lot harder for the rank and file guys. From last year’s Dinner With Racers with Cole Pearn it seemed like a big positive for the team. Unless it goes under...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I really wanna know where these loving fans are that say they want more plates. I have never met anyone in my loving life who liked plate racing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Peanut President posted:

I really wanna know where these loving fans are that say they want more plates. I have never met anyone in my loving life who liked plate racing.

Can't wait for every race to be like that plate race at Loudon in 2000

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

sportsgenius86 posted:

So does the Curse of Oak Island, but that didn't stop you from making GBS threads all over it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ism_vision/status/1031905715085033473

Even companies loosely affiliated with ISC are chirping them now.

e- I'm wondering if the package could look like this. This was what I envisioned when they first said "pack racing":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieYlOhsqsRI&t=1064s

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 21, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boomer The Cannon posted:

So does the Curse of Oak Island, but that didn't stop you from making GBS threads all over it.

I mean, hoping for treasure and finding a buried stick over and over again is analogous to NASCAR so I suppose I can see the appeal

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
My buried wood is always treasure. :classiclol:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You know what gently caress it I'd be down for fourteen loving plate races, if they put the grills wide open and have direct driver-driver comms that replace the announcer feed.

The Monster Energy Tandem Draft Let's Make A Deal Survivor Series would be loving compelling television.

E: OTOH Velodrome cycling is already basically that I'll just go watch that

https://youtu.be/mwApe3kjRls

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 22, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

shame on an IGA posted:

E: OTOH Velodrome cycling is already basically that I'll just go watch that

Velodrome cycling, where every race is Bristol, baby!

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

WindyMan posted:

Velodrome cycling, where every race is Bristol, baby!

After they redesigned the track, they can now go three and four wide and almost never wreck. The seats are less than half full. What used to be the most coveted ticket, is now just the sad story of the "last real coliseum" in professional bicycle racing, the Velodrome.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

There it is.

And the worst thing about Furniture Row is they’re based in Colorado, which may be good for quality of life but it makes changing teams a whole lot harder for the rank and file guys. From last year’s Dinner With Racers with Cole Pearn it seemed like a big positive for the team. Unless it goes under...

I wonder if there's the counterpoint that it does mean they can attract people that might not otherwise work in Nascar and hold onto them.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I wonder if there's the counterpoint that it does mean they can attract people that might not otherwise work in Nascar and hold onto them.

It seems like most of the racing industry is either North Carolina or Indianapolis, with a few scattered around the Midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Pennsylvania) but I don’t think any other major teams are that far west. So it’s not like they’re getting sports car people or IndyCar people, they’re a real exception being out there. And with how specialized auto racing can be, it is a selling point to be “the team out of the spotlight and in a nice place to live,” or for West Coast people who don’t want to stay in North Carolina.

If the team is wound up, of course the top people will be fine. I only worry more about how that will impact the lives of their general staff, especially those who would have to move more than halfway across the country for another job.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Eric_RaceReview/status/1032254743534612481

Spensir Gooniger's gonna drive a good-looking truck which has good looking t-shirts made of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric_RaceReview/status/1032254743534612481

Spensir Gooniger's gonna drive a good-looking truck which has good looking t-shirts made of it.

spencerwhackin

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good on Gallagher for finding another seat after that hotshot Bill Elliott kid took his ride.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I just hope this Spengler Gaffager fellah has learned to Just Say No

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Spooger Galapagos in truck again with a chance to win. Hell yeah

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1032411192038383617
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1032417160876843009

:thunk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

But, wait! There's more!

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1032418739222863873

I just... :laffo::laffo::laffo::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::psyboom:

Brian sure knows how to run and attach himself to sinking ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol