Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

CRISPYBABY posted:

Pretty sure she was a normal preorder bonus but its been a while.

Eliza came out as regular dlc like a month after launch iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1032305259547381762

Soul Calibur 6 kind of beefing it these past few days

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bummer. Hopefully the customization pieces are good enough to make the perfect or near-perfect facsimile of old alternate outfits.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I guess keeping the ability to doll up the base characters is good but no prepackaged alternates does suck, but that seems to be the trend nowadays. I just hope there isnt paid dlc for more pretty princess dress up items because I will angrily buy it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was hoping Ivy's alternate outfit was in. Blegh

Also looking forward to the first Evo broadcast with digital blurring

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean that's how V did it, and it was robust enough.

V also had DLC for more items, but didn't feel unnecessarily gimped without them.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
No, V definitely had two basic costumes per character (at least, most of the characters), and also let you make custom outfits.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I feel like part of the problem because after a week of playing Injustice 2 I am really into the gear system and the multiverse grind. Send help.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
well, time to begin hoping that sc7 will be sc2 but prettier :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kantesu posted:

No, V definitely had two basic costumes per character (at least, most of the characters), and also let you make custom outfits.

I meant in that you could make your own costumes.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
SC6 has been running under extremely tight deadlines from the start, and at one point the director tweeted out some seriously depressive (possibly bordering on suicidal) thoughts, so it's no surprise that something was going to get jettisoned. Still, hearing this right after Namco had to walk back their awful day 1 DLC plan is real bad optics.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I hope he's doing okay, seems like a cool guy.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

inthesto posted:

https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1032305259547381762

Soul Calibur 6 kind of beefing it these past few days

Well that's the first bit of disappointing news for me. But I'll take that sacrifice if it helps the rest of the game. I hope the creator has some unique features for weird characters like Nightmare; IV was pretty good about that with some different arms and stuff, but V cut a lot of that down and peeps like Nightmare and Yoshimitsu couldn't even change their torso armor.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SC4 was also under time or budget constraints, which is why the story mode was mostly sketches or whatever. least that’s what I heard.. Glad this one has a cool sounding single player mode

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Being able to make my own stupidly-dressed skeleton lizard robot is really enticing, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was hoping Ivy's alternate outfit was in. Blegh

Also looking forward to the first Evo broadcast with digital blurring

Namco wont pay espn for coverage like capcom did so it wont matter

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

b_d posted:

SC4 was also under time or budget constraints, which is why the story mode was mostly sketches or whatever. least that’s what I heard.. Glad this one has a cool sounding single player mode

It was SC5 that was also made under awful deadlines, and a lot of that can actually be attributed to the 2011 tsunami.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yeah, that’s what I meant

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Malfested.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DrNutt posted:

I feel like part of the problem because after a week of playing Injustice 2 I am really into the gear system and the multiverse grind. Send help.

One of the most fun things about Injustice 2, and I'm 100% serious about this, was building up your AI fighters and seeing how far they'd get in the survival and boss towers.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

One of the most fun things about Injustice 2, and I'm 100% serious about this, was building up your AI fighters and seeing how far they'd get in the survival and boss towers.

I didn't even know AI fighters was a thing. Oh lawd.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They had to beg to get SC6 made and they have to turn a profit and the budget is pretty low. That's why you see whats happening.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm gonna be a skeleton

Hopefully shoulder mounted rocket launchers are a costume option.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RBX posted:

They had to beg to get SC6 made and they have to turn a profit and the budget is pretty low. That's why you see whats happening.

The way Okubo told it in an interview, it even sounded like he had to be guilt tripped into heading the project.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBX posted:

If that was the case then why didn't they make the thirstiest outfits all expensive DLC and gate boob jiggle behind the season pass.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Do people really buy all that poo poo? Especially for Soul Calibur? That's more of a DOA thing anyway. They don't have the time to do all that anyway I think.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I hope the game does well, one of the best fighting series ever. I dig what we're seeing so far. Even though there's DLC stuff and they could've handled that reveal better, the game doesn't look lacking in content. And should make for a drat fine local versus game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Am I missing something or is there no way to move on from just endlessly rematching against someone in ranked matches in Injustice 2 without bailing and giving yourself an L? Once the guy I was fighting switched to his obvious max ranked main it got tiresome having my rear end handed to me but that seemed to be my only way out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Whip Girl in UNIST is kinda stupid.

I think I love her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RBX posted:

Do people really buy all that poo poo?

100000% yes.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dias posted:

I think I love her.

Phonon is cool and good and is my friend

that being said, it's going to take a bit to get the hang of charging two air attacks for combos

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dias posted:

I think I love her.

I tried Wagner and Orie and just kept whiffing everything up close.

But instead of learning proper spacing, I tried out Whip Girl and I too love her.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Victory Position posted:

Phonon is cool and good and is my friend

that being said, it's going to take a bit to get the hang of charging two air attacks for combos

Its not at all natural feeling

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Enkidu is if Geese and Slayer had a baby

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
and if that baby was a disappointment to both his fathers

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

IronicDongz posted:

and if that baby was a disappointment to both his fathers

hey, you can do worse than third at EVO.

still,
https://twitter.com/Fireflufferz/status/1025902248524566528

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
unist is extremely loving good btw

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Arika's streaming something related to the next big version update in about 12 hours, probably an overview of the content (which should include Vulcano Rosso and Pullum Purna) and the release date.

One of the devs streamed some of the changes the other day, including Rosso/Pullum stuff, so if you wanna pore over three and a half hours of untranslated training mode footage, have fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8f6mwRUR7Y

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The two air BEs I didn't have much trouble with, honestly, but that might be because I tried learning F-Hisui and the timing for her air BS is a lot more annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Arika's streaming something related to the next big version update in about 12 hours, probably an overview of the content (which should include Vulcano Rosso and Pullum Purna) and the release date.

One of the devs streamed some of the changes the other day, including Rosso/Pullum stuff, so if you wanna pore over three and a half hours of untranslated training mode footage, have fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8f6mwRUR7Y

Arika's garage band aesthetic about FEXL, from the incredibly amateur videos on their youtube to the 3 hour raw streams, is so endearing.