Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Aizawa: Heroes can't have just one trick.

*literally gets wrung out like a wet sponge the instant his one trick doesn't work*

To be fair, he did defeat a bunch of people with heteromorphic Quirks. He just lost to an opponent strong enough to give All Might trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aizawa will teach Shinso the ancient art of getting sidelined every fight because his power kills tension.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Funky Valentine posted:

Aizawa will teach Shinso the ancient art of getting sidelined every fight because his power kills tension.
lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Well anyways it's cool that he's under Aizawa. Aizawa thinks good heroes aren't just one trick ponies and both he and Shinsuo have some hella one trick pony quirks

drat that's some real heavy shade to be throwing like that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Those stirrups still bother me

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Aizawa: Heroes can't have just one trick.

*literally gets wrung out like a wet sponge the instant his one trick doesn't work*

The first Noumu had superhuman strength without active quirks and was made to fight All Might, and also snuck up on him after Shigaraki bad-touched his elbow, breaking his arm, so. I don't think it's fair to hold that against him. He specifically learned how to fight people his quirk wouldn't work against and, that fight aside, has done pretty well it seems.

Funky Valentine posted:

You know, joking aside, Aizawa and Shinso are pretty similar. Among other things, I just realized that much like with Shinso, Aizawa's completely-busted quirk would be absolutely useless in the entrance exam. I kind of wonder if him taking Shinso under his wing is at least in part due to it being personal for him or him seeing himself in Shinso or something like that.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Eej posted:

Those stirrups still bother me

They help her carry people out of hazard zones.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

drat that's some real heavy shade to be throwing like that.

she has many tricks, but all of them are murder

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

she has many tricks, but all of them are murder

In a future conflict she suddenly shows up, with Spinner's decapitated head, tongue all lolling out, impaled through one of her horns.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheFizziestDog/status/1032358262786744320

This manga needs more moms

We've got All For Dad, Dad For All, Dadzawa, My Dad Is On Fire and Gentlest Dad

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Inko is everyone's mom.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I don't understand people drawing Eri without drawing her in her Neko Koneko pajamas.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So in anticipation for this arc I started thinking about what another one of a 1-B member's Quirks could feasibly do. Namely, this dude:

His Quirk is just called "Black," and aside from making him colored charcoal, I predict that it's some sort of anti-light Quirk, so he could distort his surroundings by absorbing or negating the light sources around himself and thus blend into self-made shadows. After thinking about it, it could make sense that, if this is a 1-A vs. 1-B exercise, he'd go up against Hagakure, negate her Light Refraction technique, and defeat her that way.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

symbolic posted:

So in anticipation for this arc I started thinking about what another one of a 1-B member's Quirks could feasibly do. Namely, this dude:

His Quirk is just called "Black," and aside from making him colored charcoal, I predict that it's some sort of anti-light Quirk, so he could distort his surroundings by absorbing or negating the light sources around himself and thus blend into self-made shadows. After thinking about it, it could make sense that, if this is a 1-A vs. 1-B exercise, he'd go up against Hagakure, negate her Light Refraction technique, and defeat her that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyvvUas6G0

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

symbolic posted:

hagakure's outfit is literally just gloves and shoes atm. she'd just be naked if he did that

if anything it'd be a weird inversion of the invisible man vs yamcha fight in dragon ball and he'd lose

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

hagakure's outfit is literally just gloves and shoes atm. she'd just be naked if he did that

if anything it'd be a weird inversion of the invisible man vs yamcha fight in dragon ball and he'd lose
I meant in a sort of vision-distorting way, e.g. she'd just see him disappear into a growing black blob as everything before her suddenly becomes an encroaching field of nothing but darkness.

Also, ah, I've never seen Dragon Ball, so that example is lost on me.

e: And now that I rechecked, his hero outfit is basically 95% black aside from armbands and shoes, along with his visible hair. That'd play nicely into such a prediction.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 23, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so neither of them could see each other?

also you should read/watch dragon ball imo

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Still wondering what mushroom girl does. Probably has something to do with spores. Also Ghost girl wasnt in that line up , was she?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

so neither of them could see each other?

also you should read/watch dragon ball imo

I imagined Shihai could still see perfectly, but that scenario would actually be kind of funny. I want that now.

Also yeah I probably should, but I feel as though I have a lot I'd need to catch up on given the entire series spans 20? years by now.

Hihohe posted:

Still wondering what mushroom girl does. Probably has something to do with spores. Also Ghost girl wasnt in that line up , was she?

Only about half of 1-B were in that line-up, and it's a solid assumption to assume they're all there given Awase (Weld dude) and Kendo showed up in later panels without being in the line-up.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

welding is a very practical quirk. welders make good money and are always in demand. good to see some kids have a realistic future mapped out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If he can make shadows or negate light, I wonder if he could be a good partner for Tokoyami since his power gets stronger in the darkness.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

symbolic posted:

I imagined Shihai could still see perfectly, but that scenario would actually be kind of funny. I want that now.

Also yeah I probably should, but I feel as though I have a lot I'd need to catch up on given the entire series spans 20? years by now.

how would he see her tho? and if he did, well, she's naked so he'd prob end up owning himself

it's not as long as you think and the manga is actually very fast paced. 519 chapters total for the whole thing (the manga is both dragon ball and dbz. dbz is just an anime distinction so they could have a good end/start point for the series)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

symbolic posted:

The manga isn't that long and it's probably the best way to consume pre-Super Dragon Ball (if you want animation, Kai's shorter than the original Z run and cuts a lot of unneeded parts). Afterwards, you'd just need to watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection "F", then pick up the Super anime (the manga's terrible) from where its Resurrection "F" adaptation ends and original material begins.

Rhonne posted:

If he can make shadows or negate light, I wonder if he could be a good partner for Tokoyami since his power gets stronger in the darkness.

If his power is an absolute blackout, that'd be extremely dangerous since Black Shadow would be at max power and thus completely uncontrollable.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

how would he see her tho? and if he did, well, she's naked so he'd prob end up owning himself

Seeing her hero costume I suppose. I just thought such a Quirk's ability would be a hard counter to her special move. Didn't really figure out the logistics.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not as long as you think and the manga is actually very fast paced. 519 chapters total for the whole thing (the manga is both dragon ball and dbz. dbz is just an anime distinction so they could have a good end/start point for the series)

Blaze Dragon posted:

The manga isn't that long and it's probably the best way to consume pre-Super Dragon Ball (if you want animation, Kai's shorter than the original Z run and cuts a lot of unneeded parts). Afterwards, you'd just need to watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection "F", then pick up the Super anime (the manga's terrible) from where its Resurrection "F" adaptation ends and original material begins.

Huh, alright. Perhaps I'll poke my nose into it when I've got the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

read the manga if you want to get into dragon ball and read the visual novel if you wanna get into fate these are the truths that govern our world

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

read the manga if you want to get into dragon ball and read the visual novel if you wanna get into fate these are the truths that govern our world

Not if your problem is "I have a lot to catch up on", it isn't! Fate VN is ridiculously long! God knows I tried to get through it, I managed the Fate route after a very long period of time, but UBW is still there, half-done. Needless to say, I haven't started Heaven's Feel yet, and I genuinely wonder if I ever will.

Ufotable's adaptations are super solid and far less...heavy in text...than the VN if you don't feel like reading an extreme amount of wordswordswords while following a guide because you'll need it if you want every Bad End and every actual ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Kuroiro according to the wiki "His name contains the kanji for "black" (黒?), "color" (色?), and "domination" (支配?)."

I am curious about the domination part and how it relates to his vaguely named quirk.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The anime adaptations are supplemental at best. Fate/stay Night isn't even that long it's only like 70 hours. That's only like 8 more than breaking bad.

Also avoiding the bad ends are piss easy and the only actual dead-end branch basically requires you to stumble into it on purpose.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:siren: TWO HEROES TICKETS ARE ON SALE ON FANDANGO :siren:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Toga rules

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love how pure Horikoshi is, he must be the first mangaka I've seen that's into the games of his own series.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1032663552413368321

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blaze Dragon posted:

I love how pure Horikoshi is, he must be the first mangaka I've seen that's into the games of his own series.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1032663552413368321

Horikoshi leaking Shigaraki's Final Form, I see.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/swadlooning/status/1032476320481996800

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Chapter 195

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God dang I am stoked about this arc. It rules already.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Guaranteed Mineta screentime :getin:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very excited to see more from my friends in Class B

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm getting a sneaking suspicion that things are going to go tragically wrong by how thick they're laying on the praise for shinso here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Very excited to see more from my friends in Class B

:yeah:

Oxxidation posted:

i'm getting a sneaking suspicion that things are going to go tragically wrong by how thick they're laying on the praise for shinso here

:nono: