Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm convinced that Chickorita's catch rate is bugged. A nonevolved Pokemon with 400cp should not shrug off 5 curved Great Balls/Razz in a row. I ended up blowing a golden razz to catch the fucker out of pure spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

FistEnergy posted:

I'm convinced that Chickorita's catch rate is bugged. A nonevolved Pokemon with 400cp should not shrug off 5 curved Great Balls/Razz in a row. I ended up blowing a golden razz to catch the fucker out of pure spite.

All of the starter pokes have absurd catch rates. :shrug:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I know. It's so dumb.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I've noticed that Sunkerns are little bastards too. Statistically the absolute worst pokemon in the entire series, but if I see one with ~200CP it's bright yellow with a regular pokeball. Making them require a sunstone to evolve is just another gently caress You on top of the sundae.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hi thread, my wife and kids finally suckered me into this game a week or two ago. Feel free to add me if you want weird gifts from Flint, MI and its surrounding suburbs I guess!

6047 2349 7826

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bogart posted:

Curve throws suck rear end and making them a field progress goal is real stupid. The fantasy is catching them all not doing it extra fancy.

OTOH curve throwing is the only thing even remotely skill based in this game

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Never before have I been so glad to carry 6 2km eggs. Blew through two stages of the Celebi quest this morning

Now to walk an evee

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I hope my goon friends have enjoyed the gifts from LA tourist spots the last two days.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yeah, I missed that

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kheldarn posted:

I've been drowning in Slugmas for the past ~30 hours now.

:salt: :salt:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FistEnergy posted:

Spite is like the 3rd most common use use for golden razzberries after catching legendaries and topping off gyms.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Untrustable posted:

My wife and I went and did a Pineco raid because it was like the only available raid today other than Chikoritas. I ended up with a shiny 93 iv Pineco so that's pretty cool. I'm also drowning in evolution items. Sunkerns are so plentiful. Also with nest change the two big parks in town are Scythers and Rhyhorns so I'm having a lot of fun with that. Also whoever sent me a postcard of "Clown Shoes" you're a cool person.

The park I run in is a Houndour next.

So many good boys.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Valicious posted:

I do like the gym battles and raids, and my roommate and I always team up to do them. I was considering getting a Gotcha, but it wouldn’t be really playing. I bought a Go Plus, and I never even use it.

The get is really about getting out of the house and finding new places to go, so if the Gotcha does that I'd still consider it playing. (And even then you still have to catch research rewards and raid bosses.)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The gotcha's nice because it means you can, say, talk a walk while talking with a friend and not be staring at your phone all the time while still grinding out some game benefits.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Which one of you was it? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/23/four-tortoises-worth-7k-stolen-college-dorchester/

quote:

The tortoises are called Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, all aged eleven, and Jeffery, aged 24, and it is thought the thieves entered on foot, before using college-owned wheelbarrows to transport the animals to a waiting vehicle.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

They had poo poo IVs so I ground them up into candy.

Except for Jeffery. 100% shiny

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

When I started playing again a few weeks ago after stopping in August 2016 I checked my Pokemon and I had a Ledian nicknamed Jeff. It showed it had been caught in August 2017, about 40 miles from here. No idea where it came from but I call all Ledians Jeff now.

Jackhammer Rape
Oct 19, 2006
She had it coming...
Now that I'm on the stage of the Mew quest where a Ditto is required, can I find any. Can I gently caress.

Previously in my entire history (being back in the game after stopping in 2016) I saw 4 and caught 4 in the space of a week according to my stats. Nada since.

Damned if I can work out a pattern.

Also, thanks to all the new friends, nice to see interesting places from other countries. I live in the middle of not a lot so trying to keep up with gifts is fun but will do what I can!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
How is distance calculated when you trade pokemon, is it where you are vs. where the pokemon you're trading for was caught or is it the difference between the two pokemon that are being traded?

Also evolve an evolved grass pokemon is bullshit when no grass pokemon are spawning and getting nothing but missions involving catching sunkern when there are no sunkern is also dildos.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The Long Island mega-nest is now rattata and I loving hate it.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

robziel posted:

How is distance calculated when you trade pokemon, is it where you are vs. where the pokemon you're trading for was caught or is it the difference between the two pokemon that are being traded?

Distance between where the two pokemon were caught. If you've got bugged pokemon with no location (I've got three :v:) the distance calculation fails and you get 1 candy, even during the boosted candy event last week.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Jackhammer Rape posted:

Now that I'm on the stage of the Mew quest where a Ditto is required, can I find any. Can I gently caress.

Previously in my entire history (being back in the game after stopping in 2016) I saw 4 and caught 4 in the space of a week according to my stats. Nada since.

Also, thanks to all the new friends, nice to see interesting places from other countries. I live in the middle of not a lot so trying to keep up with gifts is fun but will do what I can!

Just try to catch all the trash pokemon you come across (Pidgey, rattata, zigzagoon etc) and hope for the best. If one of them is particularly hard to catch despite the circle color then there's a good chance it's a Ditto

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Epi Lepi posted:

The Long Island mega-nest is now rattata and I loving hate it.

Much like living here, it's poo poo.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

robziel posted:

Also evolve an evolved grass pokemon is bullshit when no grass pokemon are spawning and getting nothing but missions involving catching sunkern when there are no sunkern is also dildos.

It's from where they're caught including where the egg originated from if it comes in a gift. This is why people are excited about gifts from other continents, you can just filter by alolan in search and trade all those for huge distance gains

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Ephphatha posted:

Distance between where the two pokemon were caught. If you've got bugged pokemon with no location (I've got three :v:) the distance calculation fails and you get 1 candy, even during the boosted candy event last week.

I've noticed that if the Pokemon is caught from completing your field research it always seems to trade for 0 distance.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jackhammer Rape posted:

Good luck with that! I've been trying to catch a Ditto since April.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I finally tried Trading and I turned a trash 47 Bayleaf into a 96 Lucky so now trading is Good to me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So my wife got a really annoying bug in this game. She turned in her field research and was in the Raikou screen. I reminded her of the 4 great ball in a row project, so she backed out until she could focus on them. She re-enters the scenario and gets a white screen with a little blue sky at the top. She forced-quit the game and un-installed/re-installed and it's still there. Anyone encounter something like this?

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

The get is really about getting out of the house and finding new places to go, so if the Gotcha does that I'd still consider it playing. (And even then you still have to catch research rewards and raid bosses.)

I’m thinking about getting a Gotcha, I’d wanna sell this Go Plus first because money. The button is a bit too small and not raised at all to press with my palm. I am in a wheelchair, can’t drive my chair while holding phone obviously, so setting only pokestops to autospin sounds nice.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

pubic works project posted:

So my wife got a really annoying bug in this game. She turned in her field research and was in the Raikou screen. I reminded her of the 4 great ball in a row project, so she backed out until she could focus on them. She re-enters the scenario and gets a white screen with a little blue sky at the top. She forced-quit the game and un-installed/re-installed and it's still there. Anyone encounter something like this?

The berry bug I think, fixed on Android but iOS is still waiting like a week later. Can’t do the encounter until they fix it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So I've been going through my collection, doing appraisals on old Pokemon to see if I missed anything good. Turns out the very first Porygon I ever got (hatched last September) is a 100%. :stare:

LEGODUCK9000 will make a very fine Porygon-Z.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Who in here is cixys? You suck and annoy me and I hate you for doing what you're doing

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I won't argue that I suck and annoy, but what am I doing? :confused:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sykic posted:

I won't argue that I suck and annoy, but what am I doing? :confused:

You're building up 20 friends with 1 day left for 3rd stage of friendship so you can lucky egg+mass accept gifts all at once right?

Its been over a week of your name stuck high on my alts friend list and I can't send or receive because you're sitting on it! Argh! Plus you're above level 30 so who cares about xp to this degree

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
It's been over a week already? gently caress. Sorry about that, I'll sort it out.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sykic posted:

It's been over a week already? gently caress. Sorry about that, I'll sort it out.

Haha if it's just normal play or not playing I don't care I'm just very suspicious you're being ridiculous about a lucky egg!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sykic posted:

no, keep doing it

I want to hear about the most maximally effective lucky egg in go history

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Psion posted:

no, keep doing it

I want to hear about the most maximally effective lucky egg in go history

20x super ultra duper friends during double XP event then whatever else evolves would be insane

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Just try to catch all the trash pokemon you come across (Pidgey, rattata, zigzagoon etc) and hope for the best. If one of them is particularly hard to catch despite the circle color then there's a good chance it's a Ditto

Specifically, I've caught 3 ditto's in the last two weeks, and heard of another 3 in the general city area I am in, in the same period, and all 6 were hiding as Hoot Hoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
im assuming the "catch 3 days in a row" part of the new quest thingy is bugged? am i stuck?

• Locked thread