Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Hello hacker news how are you gentlemen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
hey sec serve musk a wells notice

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Peeny Cheez posted:

Hello hacker news how are you gentlemen

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

PleasureKevin posted:

this rules. my shitposting in this thread is going to be used as official evidence by the SEC

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fart-powered cars posted:

also on the supercharger note - you can get blacklisted from using them if you charge on them all the time. that's because the supercharger bypasses the charging regulator boards and dumps directly into the pack at 300A/450v which creates a ton of wear on the battery. want to keep your range high? don't supercharge often.

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
please don't forget to thank kevin for the pleasure, SEC

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

fart-powered cars posted:

not much of a mechanical guy, can't speak to that stuff. my comments are restricted to firmware and my experience driving dev cars. I don't actually own one so I can't really comment on long term ownership or repair issues. besides, you can verify much of what I say by dumping the firmware for yourself.

I do care a great deal about privacy and any connected car's ongoing connectivity should be heavily scrutinized - what assurances do I have they aren't Facebook stalking me?

if you'd like to brush up on it and have some laughs: http://teslabears.club/t/tesla-suspension-fatal-flaw-entire-fleet-should-be-grounded/370/2

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I think your original thread title was pure art

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Can you please edit in a notice that this means "bears" in the financial sense and not in the other because I had my dilz out and was raring to go and now I have sad balls

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
~hello boys~

movax
Aug 30, 2008

tesla engineering makes absolutely batshit insane decisions in their firm commitment to musky’s “not invented here syndrome”

they are the worst customer and will return hardware completely stripped / disassembled after they’re done figuring out how they can build it themselves at higher cost and worse functionality

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
well, this has turned out well

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
I hope that 90% of the visiting HN crowd are just disgusted and slink away

and 10% are like, "this looks like way more fun," and join to become mid-tier shitposters

movax
Aug 30, 2008

prisoner of waffles posted:

I hope that 90% of the visiting HN crowd are just disgusted and slink away

and 10% are like, "this looks like way more fun," and join to become mid-tier shitposters

make them feel at home, start a thread discussing salary offers for L2 shitposters where all the numbers are inflated by at least 50%

movax
Aug 30, 2008

“yeah I went to a state school, did one internship and am getting $250K base, $150K RSUs, $50K poo poo-posting bonus and they’re sending someone over to my house nightly to blow me”

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
hmm, yes, and then a thread about how to value startup equity

and another thread about how to claw back startup equity

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

put up the paywall so lowtax can get his robot spine. gently caress you hn..

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

movax posted:

“yeah I went to a state school, did one internship and am getting $250K base, $150K RSUs, $50K poo poo-posting bonus and they’re sending someone over to my house nightly to blow me”

"Huh, most places the 365 beejs per annum look good on paper but they contract them out to the lowest bidder (as long as their STI panel stays up to date). How are they doing, on a scale from 0 to 'extremely DSL'?"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

more like whacker news amirite

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Peeny Cheez posted:

more like whacker news amirite

:drat:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hmm, yes, and then a thread about how to value startup equity

and another thread about how to claw back startup equity

I talked to a guy yesterday who complained about hiring “labor workers” who get paid $15/hr to do manual labor (warehouse), “don’t show up to work consistently”, etc — basically bitching about the millions of hourly labor workers. he had only ever worked “professional” jobs he said.

i hope the bay gets eaten by the sun

movax
Aug 30, 2008

"Huh, most places the 365 beejs per annum look good on paper but they contract them out to the lowest bidder (as long as their STI panel stays up to date). How are they doing, on a scale from 0 to 'extremely DSL'?"

the hn is coming from INSIDE the forums

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

u think they read yospos? i hope so.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

this sucks. i posted some whack poo poo and this thread is going to be used as official evidence by the SEC

hello investigators from page 1206 of the 3500 page printed copy of this thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

movax posted:

I talked to a guy yesterday who complained about hiring “labor workers” who get paid $15/hr to do manual labor (warehouse), “don’t show up to work consistently”, etc — basically bitching about the millions of hourly labor workers. he had only ever worked “professional” jobs he said.

i hope the bay gets eaten by the sun

"""""""unskilled labor"""""""

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

are there enough of us for a stupid hardware thread? software doesn’t have a monopoly on morons

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

hello investigators from page 1206 of the 3500 page printed copy of this thread

Has anyone called it "Buttesla" yet?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

movax
Aug 30, 2008

movax posted:

are there enough of us for a stupid hardware thread? software doesn’t have a monopoly on morons

ill start — I didn’t test and shipped a hardware (rtl) bug to orbit that precluded the recovery of a satellite :shobon:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

movax posted:

I have no clue. I'm more of an embedded software person, but I also have EE education because they want both that and coding knowledge.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

president beep's gonna get dissed on grimes' new track for making fun of musk's accent

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

movax posted:

ill start — I didn’t test and shipped a hardware (rtl) bug to orbit that precluded the recovery of a satellite :shobon:

:stare:

I once caused a BIOS to segfault.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

president beep's gonna get dissed on grimes' new track for making fun of musk's accent

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
imagine a very serious prosecutor graveling "Do you recognize these words on this page, after the user shadenboner" to ol' musky

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter,

cool regdate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks