Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Chicken
Aug 15, 2015
muskites incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

president beep's gonna get dissed on grimes' new track for making fun of musk's accent
Ooh! Is it too late to get in on being immortalized in song by positing that Elon Musk's huge ween is actually an optical illusion created by his freakishly tiny balls?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Death Chicken posted:

muskites incoming

shut it all down

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

its true though; his conclusion if it being fine is incorrect however. plenty of companies have toxic, unsafe work cultures and terrible project planning.

not sure why that means that tesla should be worth more than functional automotive companies :thunk:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bhodi posted:

imagine a very serious prosecutor graveling "Do you recognize these words on this page, after the user shadenboner" to ol' musky

"...who is 'preg net'"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Death Chicken posted:

muskites incoming

Should we get MUSKets to deal with them?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

president beep's gonna get dissed on grimes' new track for making fun of musk's accent

Ok I have revised my opinion of this timeline from "worst" to "best".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god the mod singularity is starting

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exploded mummy posted:

oh god the mod singularity is starting

No my friend, it started eons ago.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

iospace posted:

Should we get MUSKets to deal with them?

Not at this distance, your honor.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

iospace posted:

No my friend, it started elons ago.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

iirc theres some sort of challenge/auth with the car before itll start dumping that sweet sweet electricity

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace is my alt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
gonna finally buy the taxman that new cyberspine with all this hn traffic

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
someone posted it on reddit too if you wanna burn your eyes out https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughMuskSpam/comments/99sbwa/former_tesla_programmers_anecdotes_about_problems/

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

by the way here's my soundcloud

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

movax posted:

ill start — I didn’t test and shipped a hardware (rtl) bug to orbit that precluded the recovery of a satellite :shobon:

loll, that's gotta burn

from what I can divine, good NASA careers are built around satellites with a design life of X years that manage to survive 2X to 5X years (without being obsoleted by "same experiment or data collection, but next generation ")

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

duz posted:

iirc theres some sort of challenge/auth with the car before itll start dumping that sweet sweet electricity

That's good at least. At that power level... yeah...

I'm honestly surprised we haven't had cars explode while supercharging.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

EE as well here, from my understanding, the chargers have the option of AC and DC output at varying levels adjustable on your model and charging needs. Software interlock apparently controls it, so you're not just gonna have kiddies tapping and zapping (I'd hope)

It's DC voltage so not quite as dangerous but lol @ the raw amount of wear and tear that much energy would put on off-the-shelf Li-ON battery assembly

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Not a Children posted:

EE as well here, from my understanding, the chargers have the option of AC and DC output at varying levels adjustable on your model and charging needs. Software interlock apparently controls it, so you're not just gonna have kiddies tapping and zapping (I'd hope)

It's DC voltage so not quite as dangerous but lol @ the raw amount of wear and tear that much energy would put on off-the-shelf Li-ON battery assembly

the state of EV charging puts VHS vs Betamax vs Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD to shame

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

You know ol Musky will be reading this at 3am tomorrow morning. Will he be calling Fart Powered Cars out on twitter as a pedo tho?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Not a Children posted:

a COTS battery of questionable construction too boot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

movax posted:

Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD was no-contest. Sony beat everyone to the punch by making PS3s Blu-Ray players.

The problem is Tesla thinks its Apple when it comes to this poo poo. It can get away with using different charging methods because it's ~special~

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

guys how will i know when it’s time to start a twitter or snapchat feud or w/e?????

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

movax posted:

Yeah, I'm getting that from a cursory google

I'm gonna dig into it during a lunch break sometime and find out what horrors lurk beneath power system design steered by software engineers

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

President Beep posted:

guys how will i know when it’s time to start a twitter or snapchat feud or w/e?????

add azalea banks aa a friend or w/e and just let loose

movax
Aug 30, 2008

what do superchargers do in the cold? do they preheat the battery?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

movax posted:

what do superchargers do in the cold? do they preheat the battery?

What does your heart tell you.

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

where is the like button? I would like to recognize some good posts

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

I am skeptical as well. The whole post sounds like some bored engineer wanting to stir up the "normies". Way too many tech and engineering lingo compressed together in sentences.

quote:

upload a 30MB log via HTTPS POST
Um, ok. But that just reminds me of some quote in some funny movie: "You made me bleed...my own blood!". Mentioning "HTTPS POST" is redundant, unless you are trying to impress some non-technical people ;)

someone doesnt http get it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bund posted:

:wal::hf::stat:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Bund posted:

*zziiiiiiiiiipppp*

right here thank u drive thru

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace posted:

What does your heart tell you.

there’s no way that it doesn’t throttle charge current until the battery is above 0C or so to avoid permanently damaging the cells

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

Has anyone called it "Buttesla" yet?

ive checked the laffchain and it looks fresh

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

Um, ok. But that just reminds me of some quote in some funny movie: "You made me bleed...my own blood!". Mentioning "HTTPS POST" is redundant, unless you are trying to impress some non-technical people ;)

someone doesnt http get it
[/quote]

yospos: compressed sentences

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

movax posted:

there’s no way that it doesn’t throttle charge current until the battery is above 0C or so to avoid permanently damaging the cells

It's already damaging the cells anyway so why bother in the first place?

In other words, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the case.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Bund posted:

we have renamed the digg button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

grahms....