Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony posted:

oh sure a software interlock on a HV system capable of dumping 120kW sustained into whatever is unfortunate enough to be at the other end.

from a company that as demonstrated in this thread might have some issues with software design methodology and QA.

great idea!

just to hammer this home:

safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I keep expecting the Monty Python Flying Circus Theme to start playing looking at this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

bazinga! :eyepop:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

u forgot one

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

movax posted:

iama teledildonics qa tech, ama

when will we be able to have a vibe that can be remotely controlled by strangers at times we specify, for free (without having to hook them up through paid camsites)?

asking for a kinky friend

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if it's possible to hack together some kind of gadget that can mimic the signaling of a car's port well enough to cause it to be live without being plugged into a car.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

still actually loling at "gotcha we never did code reviews"

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

FAUXTON posted:

I wonder if it's possible to hack together some kind of gadget that can mimic the signaling of a car's port well enough to cause it to be live without being plugged into a car.

introducing the tesla etherkiller

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FAUXTON posted:

I'm gonna guess paperclip

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

delete this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

introducing the tesla etherkiller

I was trying to work that reference in there but then was like "well there's no real mimicry going on there, you're just wiring a cat 5 cable into a 120 (or 240 if you're a real bastard) volt power cord"

On the other hand if you make it dump full voltage no matter what, and someone's car is only set to handle, say, half then hopefully there's something that just breaks the circuit once it's fried or else you might go all :tesla: like the Galaxy note 7 did.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shifty Pony posted:

oh sure a software interlock on a HV system capable of dumping 120kW sustained into whatever is unfortunate enough to be at the other end.

from a company that as demonstrated in this thread might have some issues with software design methodology and QA.

great idea!

there's a bunch of references to it being disabled for specific vins, so they do have some level of authentication there

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:toot:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
gonna spoof a tesla so that i can supercharge my tinyhome. :twisted:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
people in month 19 of waiting for their car are alluding to yospos being PAID BASHERS

i mean i am, but they mean the rest of you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pardot posted:

amber is the correct setting

for a clown to use

at the circus

idiot

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

gonna spoof a tesla so that i can supercharge my tinyhome. :twisted:

Imagine some cyberpunk future where people go around with vans full of battery packs spoofing Teslas to steal electricity from superchargers to power their house.

Or dudes pulling up to you in a parking lot, "hey man, you wanna buy some juice, i got 320kwh here.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Triglav posted:

people in month 19 of waiting for their car are alluding to yospos being PAID BASHERS
so do I go through daddy soros to get that cash like I do for everything else or is it separate

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im a crisis actor fulltime, this op is ez peezy to pick up dece 4 figgies on a friday afternoon on the side

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for a clown to use

at the circus

idiot

69% of all yosposers are color-blind and don't know the difference

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Powershift posted:

Imagine some cyberpunk future where people go around with vans full of battery packs spoofing Teslas to steal electricity from superchargers to power their house.

i wonder how hard it would be to start modding electric scooters into phone chargers for the homeless

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Powershift posted:

holy poo poo can you finish the rest of this story. im imagining a dredd-like universe

e: our current universe just 2 nuclear wars in the futre

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
wow, a lot of fake newsSHORT SELLERS itt

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
id just like to take a moment to quote the best post

canyoneer posted:

he sent a submarine expecting a kid pro quo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

holy poo poo can you finish the rest of this story. im imagining a dredd-like universe

e: our current universe just 2 nuclear wars in the futre

in the future all cars are teslas. :eng101:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

suffix posted:

wow, a lot of fake newsSHORT SELLERS HATERS itt

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

please buy my new EP, entitled Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

you in steel panther??

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The only thing worse than Reddit is amberpos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cost of doin’ bizness/ev’ry day
cost of doin’ bizness/ev’ry way
cost of doin’ bizness/cars on fire!
cost of doin’ bizness, let’s do white collar crimes!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

in the future all cars are teslas. :eng101:

All cars are Teslas, all Restaurants are Taco Bell, All burgers are made from rats.

2019 is gonna be WIIIIIIIIIIILD

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

what is the overlap between posters on the star citizen and the tesla subreddits...

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
which one of you fuckers pushed the digg button

https://digg.com/2018/tesla-infrastructure-firmware-stories-twitter-thread-yospos

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 24, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

in it 5’d.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Digg still exists?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

big words from a leaker

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

holy poo poo

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol if this thread is the straw that finally kills Tesla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral and i don't want to get anyone in trouble (and someone was already crossposting to reddit). i was a small account, god dammit, this isn't supposed to happen