Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FMguru posted:

lol at the implication that anything could be done to an amberposer that could further degrade them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

clown

circus

idiot

please dont sign your posts itll clutter the sec documents

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i thought that was a fake site, and the button would just lead you to a phising scam :confused:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

FMguru posted:

lol at the implication that anything could be done to an amberposer that could further degrade them

brutal

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
digg still exists?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I don't know if I should be hurting for all the reddit and HN folks going "this is all very normal all the places I've ever worked at were that way or even worse!!"

Hell, those are going to be amazing industry standards

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mrmcd posted:

Lol if this thread is the straw that finally kills Tesla.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

a story about screenshots someone tweeted, that show posts from a forum. wow

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral and i don't want to get anyone in trouble (and someone was already crossposting to reddit). i was a small account, god dammit, this isn't supposed to happen

i wuold imagine the user posted that knowing that if it did get out they would be fine with it. you did a mindful job cropping the images. they posted a bunch of good poo poo already so i thank them dearfully for their service if they never return. but i want them to know that they should not fear, and they should come hang and chill

plus, its all fake bullshit anyway. as reddit has already pointed out, none of this stuff could happen

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mike12345 posted:

Welcome to the future, my friend.

Once somebody tweets about the article, those tweets will be quoted on the nightly news.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

im howling

atomicthumbs posted:

i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral

i knew it would as soon as i saw it last night

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

refleks posted:

what is the overlap between posters on the star citizen and the tesla subreddits...

me and a couple other people ITT also post in the Star Citizen thread on these very forums

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that image is sick

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

in the future all cars are teslas. :eng101:

Pff, like hes going to get that kind of production...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

im howling

i knew it would as soon as i saw it last night

then why didnt you do it, huh? huh??? or why didnt you warn em???

that pic is very great, how can we get it to be the first result when you google tesla or elom m,musk?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KoRMaK posted:

or why didnt you warn em???

i thought about it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

grimes are you here too? what about you, azealia?

:justpost:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

grimes are you here too? what about you, azealia?

:justpost:

Trig already came out as Grimes, so I guess it's time for me to come out as Azealia. I just want to say, amberpos sucks, greenpos forever.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

atomicthumbs posted:

i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral and i don't want to get anyone in trouble (and someone was already crossposting to reddit). i was a small account, god dammit, this isn't supposed to happen

I hope your opsec doesn't suck

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

SOMEWHERE ATOP THE GLITTERING SPIRE OF THE NYT BUILDING

*phone rings*

"Hello?"

"Sarah. We've been trying to reach you. We have a hot scoop on a huge tech story."

"I'm outta that game now. I've told you a hundred times. I've got my cushy editorial board retirement."

"This is different. The source is.. unorthodox. It needs someone familiar with the lay of the land. Someone who can talk to the locals."

"There's plenty of tech reporters in the valley."

"Not the valley, Sarah. YOSPOS."

*line goes silent*

"Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time. A long time."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

Don't worry, nobody knows who you are, Dave.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Without getting in the weeds of how Something Awful/YOSPOS work, just look for the posts from user "Xealous"/"fart-powered cars."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Chaosfirev posted:

I hope your opsec doesn't suck

i'm an artist and my twitter page links to my portfolio.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trabisnikof posted:

Without getting in the weeds of how Something Awful/YOSPOS work

it doesn't, lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

atomicthumbs posted:

:rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

it doesn't, lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, you might wanna not have it do that right now, at least for a little while.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

atomicthumbs posted:

you will be mining emeralds before dawn. sorry dude.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mike12345 posted:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Something Awful's YOSPOS board — that's "Your Operating System is a Piece Of poo poo," a forum reserved for shitposting about computer-y things

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
atomicthumbs is getting rich and famous off this thread while poor PK starves in the streets. it aint right

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Peeny Cheez posted:

grahm! breng may thess “otemic thoombs” parson. i vesh to...spek mit tham.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Lol at the entire internet today. And thanks to this thread, even I, the owner of an i-MIEV can lol at tesla owners.

Green yospos forever.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/sneakdotberlin/status/1033117503025827842

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

look mom I’m on tv!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Peeny Cheez posted:

what does this mean

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

leftist heap posted:

atomicthumbs is getting rich and famous off this thread while poor PK starves in the streets. it aint right

i wanted to go through my several hundred followers and follow back the people i talk with a lot and who are cool and now i can't do that because there are 1400 more people in the way. i hate it

i suppose i could always drive the new ones off by being extremely a furry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I can't tell the difference between Tesla fanboys and bitcoiners anymore lol