Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Eej posted:

The only way his quirk would be interesting is if it gets developed so that he can delay the activation of the quirk so that he can mask exactly when he inserted his question during a conversation between two people.

It doesn't have to be a question, you just have to give him any kind of verbal response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Imagine how unstoppable he'd be if he knew about ligma.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

hero name: bofa

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

bofa no hero academia

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder what magical way Shinso and his broken-rear end power will get sidelined for the rest of the series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder what magical way Shinso and his broken-rear end power will get sidelined for the rest of the series.

He'll be in Class B.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stexils posted:

bofa no hero academia

What's bofa no hero academia

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm surprised that Shinsou showed up again and I'm gonna bet that it was because of his ridiculous popularity after he showed up in the anime

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eej posted:

I'm surprised that Shinsou showed up again and I'm gonna bet that it was because of his ridiculous popularity after he showed up in the anime

I don't think so, Horikoshi has been setting this up for a few years now. From a Reddit comment:

quote:

I've seen some people saying that Shinsou suddenly appeared out of nowhere (not in this thread thankfully), but just in case, let me remind you that Horikoshi has been building this up as early as chapter 70:

Chapter 70 - seen with Aizawa
Chapter 121 - rougher = getting bulkier through possibly training
Chapter 173 - literally broke a plank of wood with his bare hands

And now Chapter 194. In this panel, Deku is referring to the Chapter 70 scene above.

Also the length of chapters in between the Shinsou appearances has the running joke that he appears at least once a year to appease fans.... because there are approximately 52 chapters per year and when you do the math. Yeah. That's exactly what it is.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Rhonne posted:

He'll be in Class B.

jesus christ how terrifying

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should note that in Tokoyami's match. He is actually at a disadvantage because two of his teammates create light.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

sore throat

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I should note that in Tokoyami's match. He is actually at a disadvantage because two of his teammates create light.

Tooru doesn't create light, she refracts it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

i bet the league of villains will be delighted that they figured out how to make nomus talk

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's also going against someone whose quirk is called "Black" so this whole match seems like it's set up to mess with his powers.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think so, Horikoshi has been setting this up for a few years now. From a Reddit comment:

I'm unsurprised but still impressed someone's been keeping up with the sadboy

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
this is me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I also am regrettable and mortifying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Tooru doesn't create light, she refracts it.

Ok, but she can make very bright light, which was my point.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
It'll be much harder for Shinso to lock down any students this time compared to the tournament. A team exercise means there are pals ready to smack some sense into the affected. He could throw off the timing of any plans but not get a total lockdown if Deku stays sharp.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Level Seven posted:

It'll be much harder for Shinso to lock down any students this time compared to the tournament. A team exercise means there are pals ready to smack some sense into the affected. He could throw off the timing of any plans but not get a total lockdown if Deku stays sharp.

I have to imagine, though, that he's been developing methods to lock them down physically as well. Hence the Aizawa straps. It's going to be very easy for him to ensnare people with that modulator, and having physicality to back it up with make it incredibly dangerous.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shinsou is actually a pretty good team addition because you kinda have to pay attention to who you're talking to at any moment in a team vs team battle.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

symbolic posted:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Mineta is going to get brainwashed and wreck his own team.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mineta opens their match by immediately lobbing a ball directly into Shinso's mouth.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

Mineta opens their match by immediately lobbing a ball directly into Shinso's mouth.

That's another thing the mask is for.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Class B Team 2's all doing the same pose :3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Monoma copies Mineta, does he grow a bunch of balls on his head too?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I mean this is all worth it if it means they all learn to use non verbal signals to be more effective like the belly laser beacon

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
interesting how Class 2B has actually improved more because they've spent time learning and developing their skills in class instead of forging them in the fires of endless mortal peril

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Turns out school is always far more important than work experience

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oxxidation posted:

interesting how Class 2B has actually improved more because they've spent time learning and developing their skills in class instead of forging them in the fires of endless mortal peril

Aizawa: Your kids are better at tests but my kids are stone loving killers, man.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Oxxidation posted:

I would imagine that during a lot of time where significant portions of class A were receiving police debriefings, in the hospital for injuries sustained, or confined to their houses for their own safety, class B was actually learning and training.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

1-B got the book learning but 1-A got the horrible psychological trauma, so they have the edge.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It also feels like, at least in this first match, Class B has been thinking of ways to specifically counter Class A's quirks in a fight. Meanwhile, Class A has been busy worrying about the actual villains out to kill them and probably aren't as familiar with Class B's quirks.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

symbolic posted:

Bofa no hero MACADEMIA!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i'm getting a sneaking suspicion that things are going to go tragically wrong by how thick they're laying on the praise for shinso here

It seems more like standard "This guy Deku's up against? Yeah. He's good." setup to me. Since Deku beat him already, you have to put some back into it if you're going to try to sell him as a threat again.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Cute as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Just :3: