Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Bask in the majesty that is David Bote. I SAID BASK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cardinals are doing something now that is beyond typical Cardinal Bullshit, this is just absurd.

18-4 in August

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Cardinals are doing something now that is beyond typical Cardinal Bullshit, this is just absurd.

18-4 in August

wow, just looked that up and all of that is extremely illegal

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The cardinals firing matheny and going on an ungodly tear free of his red rear end is genuinely hilarious.

Despite years and years of hating the cardinals I feel oddly drawn to this absurd narrative. The only thing that could possibly make it funnier would be a major Cubs slump resulting in the cards winning the Central

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sydin posted:

Cole Hamels in 114 IP and 20 G with the Rangers this season: 1.0 bWAR
Cole Hamels in 34 IP and 5 G with the Cubs this season: 1.8 bWAR.

lol

I'm still completely stunned that Hoyer & Theo seemed to be the only front office that looked at Hamels' sub 3.00 ERA road numbers away from Globe Life and immediately knew Arlington was the problem and he was still a TORP level pitcher away from there. The Cubs are like the Danny Ainge Celtics whenever they trade with the Rangers, they always decisively get the better end of the deal.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 25, 2018

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I still can't wrap my head around the Rays being 7 games over .500. They have the same record as the Dodgers (once they win today).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do the Rays have any starting pitchers yet

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Intruder posted:

They have 2 starting pitchers!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This is beautiful

A lot of love in the air tonight

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who are the best friends in Major League Base-ball?

Salvador Perez was always clowing around with Lorenzo Cain, in the most adorable way as he does with everyone! In that gif LoCain was just giving a regular interview and Salvy ran in uninvited to tell the reporter how much he loves Cain, how great of a friend he thinks he is, and give him a hug, just because that's how he is.

And if it's not this, it is Salvy Perez and whoever is in closest proximity to him at any given moment.

Salvy is the best and that's why he got my #1 vote on the favorite players list, along with being a pretty dang good player!

So many good memories and videos!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

didn’t acuna and albies grow up together too? like they are legitimately best friends

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/braves-albies-and-acuna-dance-with-pirate-parrot/c-291505364

I love these two

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Abel Wingnut posted:

didn’t acuna and albies grow up together too? like they are legitimately best friends

Not really—Acuña is Venezuelan from a family of baseball players, and Albies from Curaçao, coming to the Braves because of Andruw and Andrelton. They met in instructional ball in 2015 and kept up even though Albies was usually a level or so ahead.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I failed to get a screengrab but our Canadian Muscle Monster Tyler O'Neill, already the proud owner of a maple leaf tattoo, has maple leaves and "Eh" on his bat for Players' Weekend.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Intruder posted:

They have a bullpen full of 'em.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dick Mountain had another great start

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

bawfuls posted:

Dick Mountain had another great start

Is that better or worse than El De?

Or better or worse than the Mets announcers trying not to say, "It means THE DICK"?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm another Felix/Bartolo!

Pancakes posted:

I failed to get a screengrab but our Canadian Muscle Monster Tyler O'Neill, already the proud owner of a maple leaf tattoo, has maple leaves and "Eh" on his bat for Players' Weekend.

I mean, James Paxton has had a maple leaf tattoo for years, his nickname is Big Maple, his cheering section is The Maple Grove and he threw a no-hitter in Canada.

I think we have you beat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MLB's website has one of the headlines "Cubs undefeated with Murphy"

Coincidentally, every game they've played with him has been against the Reds or Tigers

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Or better or worse than the Mets announcers trying not to say, "It means THE DICK"?

Well, now I have to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8_bUBXaOY

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
N: guy at this pub in Queens has a Cubs cap and a Reagan Bush ‘84 t shirt on

V: this is how I picture every cubs poster

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Intruder posted:

Blake Snell and something called a Tyler Glasnow. The team also has the second best ERA in the league since whenever Romo’s first start was.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is every cubs poster

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

And then you have your archetypal Cubs fan with your Cards fan trying to make sense of it

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yolmer is the superior replay option.

https://twitter.com/NBCSWhiteSox/status/1033489140032131073

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hey don't doxx me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hate the Braves are splitting at best this series with the Marlins but lmao please keep throwing belt-high fastballs on the inner half to Dansby Swanson, who cannot hit any other pitch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good reactions all around

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/08/26/2427328583/1535249688483/asset_2500K.mp4

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
This Rox Cards series is so drat entertaining. Here's hoping they face each other in the postseason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It seems appropriate to me that the Angels revenge plunking for hitting their Japanese superstar was Yuli Gurriel

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

D-backs taking a 3-1 lead into the ninth, then with one out left letting the M's tie it up with a two run double, then losing it in the tenth to a home run after almost coming back to re-tie or win in the bottom of the inning was heart wrenching.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I was at the game but he decided to hit this one while I was getting a korean pulled pork sandwich. :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I was at the game but he decided to hit this one while I was getting a korean pulled pork sandwich. :(

Was the sandwich good, at least?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
With South Korea playing Hawaii in the Little League World Series shift of baseballs center of gravity to the Pacific is finally complete

prepare for a new era of Velcro shoes, coordinated fan dances, zany bat flips, and over-the-top politeness

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
how and why did kendrys Morales suddenly become the best baseball player

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Was the sandwich good, at least?

Yeah it was pretty solid.

https://medium.com/@andrew.alba/target-field-sloppy-ko-review-7bdbbfdc9d55

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I feel like whichever of the Astros and A's wins two games or more in their series this week is going to win the division

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

My girlfriend decided that she hates Provel but is a big fan of Imo's toasted ravs.

take her to pirrones in florissant, shits all.over imos

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Snapping a 32 inning scoreless streak to drop 15 runs on the Mets and then having a reliever blow his leg up while mopping up is extremely 2018 Nats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

I feel like whichever of the Astros and A's wins two games or more in their series this week is going to win the division

I think the A's need a sweep tbh. They don't play head-to-head again and with the Astros getting healthy I'm not expecting a lot of help from the rest of the league. The A's follow this series up with four against the Yankees and three against the Mariners, if they don't leave Houston with a division lead I'm doubtful they'll have another good opportunity to take one.

I'm pretty at peace with all that, though. I was hoping for .500 and some young player development, I'm getting 27 games over .500 and Matt Chapman is a star.

• Locked thread