Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Sonic and friends must find a way back to their time, but they hit their first major tedious gameplay snag.
Followed by, uh-oh, Elise gonna explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

"So, are you familiar with the internet tradition of gate-keeping?"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Wow, Elise really wants out of this game.
This might be our most absurd section of commentary so far.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

I hit a point in the game that is so painful and obnoxious, and which I do so badly, that I just had to keep it all in. Each death is more unbelievable than the last.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

Sonic 06

I hit a point in the game that is so painful and obnoxious, and which I do so badly, that I just had to keep it all in. Each death is more unbelievable than the last.

if you mean the floating goo balls, have you tried applying basic momentum physics into the situation? because i recall that being the easiest part of the level

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Sonic goes out with a blast. Eventually.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A 3D Blast, would you say?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

A 3D Blast, would you say?

3d blast is good tho

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GamesAreSupernice posted:

3d blast is good tho
Maybe the Director's Cut romhack by the guy who originally made the game is, but in its default state, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

Maybe the Director's Cut romhack by the guy who originally made the game is, but in its default state, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

that is fair and i respect your opinion

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'll be fair though, it's been something close to 20 years since I last played that game, so I don't even really remember what I don't like about it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Shadow's story launches like an opossum on a racetrack.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 18, 2018

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

Sonic 06

Shadow's story launches like an opossum on a racetrack.

That links to part 7, not part 8.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ZeButler posted:

That links to part 7, not part 8.

Woops, corrected.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"Shadow's Entourage" was magical. :allears:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Me!

E: Almost forgot, we've got fanart!

(By Brenna Okazaki)

(By CJ)

(By MattM)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 25, 2018

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Shadow and Rouge catch up to Sonic and friends in the future apocalypse. Ours has more cars.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Surprise. The worst boss of Sonic's story is still awful when nothing's different.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

"It's obscene."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That's one thing I like about Creature from the Krusty Krab - the races aren't really races, you're only racing against the clock. No rubber banding, just "how fast can you take the course?"

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

That's one thing I like about Creature from the Krusty Krab - the races aren't really races, you're only racing against the clock. No rubber banding, just "how fast can you take the course?"

A clock with wheels

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Shadow presses Silver's friend button. It's on the back of his head.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

"Am I real?"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

The physical comedy in this episode is nonstop.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey"

Why?

A little aggressive, aren't we? Like most licensed games, believe it or not, Enchanted Journey has some ideas worth sharing. The artistic direction and music is pleasant, and it's also important to talk about the way the games industry and North American culture approaches designing media for young girls. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything overly offensive or deep. There's just a few misunderstandings, missed opportunities, and sparse good ideas.

And you're going to talk over it?

Not alone. My dear friend Powerdork will be joining me again, and we'll tackle this adventure together. Not literally together, since the game's co-op play is not an online feature, but spiritually together.

Videos

1. Snow White

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

Shadow's story goes out with an "eh".

We've had trouble getting the time to stream Silver's story, but it is in the plans for the near-future.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

I am here to post my lettus play of a videogame I have recorded myself playing.

I present Factorio: My Digital Bonzai Tree

Factorio is a game where you play a space man who is on a space planet with the zerg. You use your first 8 steel plates to create a pick ax to fight your true enemy: THE TREES. From there you create a small factory of inputs and outputs in order to build things with even more iron plates. Eventually you launch a rocket to unlock the last research: A +1% productivity bonus to mining equipment.

Come and share with me this chill lettus play experience and this bizarre videogame. This little factory will be my tree. Click Image for playlist.

Episode 1 - The Begining
Episode 2 - The Beginning Part 2
Episode 3 - He Knows how to add plates now!
Episode 4 - It starts with a power outage.
Episode 5 - Finally got that kiwi Koolaid!
Episode 6 - Enter the 44 chambers of the Shaolin FORGE
Episode 7 - Futureproofing: The only problems you have are problems created by your past self
Episode 8 - Found Footage Lettus Plays
Epilog - Listen to a man talk about mods for 40 minutes.

While recording my last play session I stumbled into a time machine that launched me 9 months into the future. While I was waiting for the last video to upload I caught up on the missing time by reading D&D and GiP, turns out I didn't miss much. Then my steam updated and the save don't work no more. :(

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I may break this out into it's own thread. But, today I have crafted more videos of me saying words into a microphone while a muted version of Tuplex's factorio videos is spliced in.

I have downloaded a suite of mods based heavily off of Nilaus's, noted Danish Dad, modpack. The basic theme is an Angels Bob's mods expansion pack with an assortment of quality of life additions. If you have played the game yourself, this should look and feel like you have entered an alternate dimension where a Bob Villa explains how to make an ottoman in a way that requires constant maintenance. If you have never played factorio, this lettus play will attempt to communicate the spirit of a cudgeled-together machine before it devles the mechanics or structure of what it is doing. Fundamentally, I am trying to explain myself.

So join me, as I replant and prune My Digital Bonzai Tree.

Episode 01 - The Beginning: End of the Trillogy
Episode 02 - First Machine Breaks

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "Cadash"

Cadash is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG made by Taito. I rarely see anyone talk about it, which is kind of a shame! It's a nice game, in a lot of ways. It's very friendly and considerate toward the player, and it's one of my personal favorite Sega Genesis games. It's very dear to my heart, and I'm glad to be able to share it with people. There isn't a lot to it, but I could talk about it for hours.

Videos

1. The whole darn Genesis game
2. The whole darn TurboGrafx game

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 20, 2018

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
As well as the black pudding and balrog, a bunch of other monsters are also just straight taken from D&D. The Eyeball things you encountered underwater are Eyes of the Deep, the rock guys are Galeb duhr, and the evil trees are Ropers, all based on the 1st edition artwork. I think the spiky things were land urchins as well.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I was gonna say the same thing! Man, fantasy video games all the way up to the early nineties were just a long string of tests to see how far they could push copyright infringement without actually getting a cease-and-desist from Wizards of the Coast.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I was gonna say the same thing! Man, fantasy video games all the way up to the early nineties were just a long string of tests to see how far they could push copyright infringement without actually getting a cease-and-desist from Wizards of the Coast.

TSR. WOTC didn't purchase them until 1997.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tindalos posted:

As well as the black pudding and balrog, a bunch of other monsters are also just straight taken from D&D. The Eyeball things you encountered underwater are Eyes of the Deep, the rock guys are Galeb duhr, and the evil trees are Ropers, all based on the 1st edition artwork. I think the spiky things were land urchins as well.

it's good to know i was right about the game just straight up bein' a DnD love letter at least

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cave Story has a character named Balrog.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Cave Story has a character named Balrog.

what is it about Cave Story and Street Fighter that makes them immune to copyright

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Sonic 06

We begin Silver's story with much the same attitude we did the last two. We'll soon find that wasn't low enough.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

cadash 2: the last laugh

2. The whole darn TurboGrafx game

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
The coolest thing about Cadash was that the arcade version had a "link mode" where you could link two cabinets together, and have all four characters playing at the same time. Characters were limited to their own "screen" (both players on the same cabinet couldn't venture far from each other), but each pair could operate independently of the other pair.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Olesh posted:

The coolest thing about Cadash was that the arcade version had a "link mode" where you could link two cabinets together, and have all four characters playing at the same time. Characters were limited to their own "screen" (both players on the same cabinet couldn't venture far from each other), but each pair could operate independently of the other pair.

That is so cool! I didn't even know that was possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

That is so cool! I didn't even know that was possible

There's no way to replicate this on emulator yet as far as I'm aware, and it's not like Cadash is sufficiently open-ended that the 2x2 setup would let you do things/require things like having one group split off and open up shortcuts for the other group or anything. But it's still a neat footnote to what was at the time a pretty unique feature.