Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know that. Is it the sort of thing where you can download it as long as you bought it when it was available? Because I bought it back in the day but no longer have a 360.

You should be able to.

I think it's high time for another digital re-release now that the Mouse owns X-Men again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

KungFu Grip posted:

are physical copies of MVC2 still going for a lot

Depending on condition you can prob get 50-70 for a PS2 copy, Xbox is a similar range but slightly cheaper

DC copies are the highest costing ones going on like 90 bucks at max, it seems

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 25, 2018

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Medullah posted:

You should be able to.

I think it's high time for another digital re-release now that the Mouse owns X-Men again.

no

even if you bought it before you cannot redownload because of licensing or something

you have to have it already downloaded

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zand posted:

no

even if you bought it before you cannot redownload because of licensing or something

Oh that's such loving bullshit and ip laws are garbage.

gently caress Disney in particular for their efforts in killing public domain and actively making licensing worse.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Google dreamcast iso

Go from there

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zand posted:

no

Huh? I got a non-broken 360 a couple of months ago and I was able to redownload it through my Download History just fine.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

The Kins posted:

Huh? I got a non-broken 360 a couple of months ago and I was able to redownload it through my Download History just fine.

this wasn't the case last I checked. I wonder when this changed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if they quietly revisited all their licensing agreements when they made mvci

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Depending on condition you can prob get 50-70 for a PS2 copy, Xbox is a similar range but slightly cheaper

DC copies are the highest costing ones going on like 90 bucks at max, it seems

I will forever remember loving up and buying a copy of MvC2 off ebay for a lot then hearing the news about MvC2 on 360.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There was a popular GD-ROM for Dreamcast that had CvS2, 3S and MvC2 all on it. I think it was called TDO2?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrNutt posted:

Is it the sort of thing where you can download it as long as you bought it when it was available?
Just so you know, that's actually never been a thing, legally speaking.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Chev posted:

Just so you know, that's actually never been a thing, legally speaking.

Pretty sure they mean redownloading it through the official shop from their prior purchases list.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Hyper Inferno posted:

There was a popular GD-ROM for Dreamcast that had CvS2, 3S and MvC2 all on it. I think it was called TDO2?

TDC Final v2, or Capcom Fighting Collection. It had CvS2, 3S, MvC2, Puzzle Fighter and Ikaruga (???). It was put together by Toodles (the mastermind behind the Cthulhu and Imp series of PCBs).

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
you can redownload mvc2 on ps3 also

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
An aside to MvC2 talk; the OST to UNIST is amazing.

That is all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

canoshiz posted:

TDC Final v2, or Capcom Fighting Collection. It had CvS2, 3S, MvC2, Puzzle Fighter and Ikaruga (???). It was put together by Toodles (the mastermind behind the Cthulhu and Imp series of PCBs).

Oh poo poo I never heard of this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Million Arthur Arcana Blood, Examu's weird mobile spinoff fighting game, is coming to PS4 at the end of November and they're adding Iori because SNK has clearly stopped giving a gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viPtpZu1kd4&t=5734s

One of the Arcana Blood characters is coming to SNK Heroines as well.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ptarmigans posted:

Pretty sure they mean redownloading it through the official shop from their prior purchases list.

Yeah this lol... I don't currently have a 360 so I can't check for myself. Sounds like licensing issues will probably prevent it from ever becoming bc on the Xbone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Million Arthur Arcana Blood, Examu's weird mobile spinoff fighting game, is coming to PS4 at the end of November and they're adding Iori because SNK has clearly stopped giving a gently caress:

Lol

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

this game looks so sick please let me play it on pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you like NPB that game is like NPB x10, it's pretty cool even though I only got to play it like twice and had zero clue what any of the system mechanics were or how the assist deck building worked.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Iori, please force SE to bring it outside Japan

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

markgreyam posted:

That is all.

I hear ya.. both literally and figuratively!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

markgreyam posted:

That is all.

FYI it's on Spotify

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dias posted:

Was MVC2 popular tho? Like, from a sales and casual consumer perspective?

at a GameWorks where everything has been gutted and replaced ten times over, the old MVC2 cabinet is still there

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

soul calibur tournament stream in like 3 hours on the bandai namco US twitch channel. Might be a character reveal, they promised some surprises

can't wait to see the new guest character uhhhh uhhhh Lord Deimos

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is this build going to have the characters who were announced since EVO?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no information on that but probably not, it'll likely just be the E3 demo again

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

So ive gathered that im poo poo at these games. With friends and AI its fun and I usually win but as soon as I get online I cant get out of even the lowest ranks. I can more or less figure out whats going on but is there actually a way to learn past that? Ive been playing for years. Should I cut my losses?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StabMasterArson posted:

So ive gathered that im poo poo at these games. With friends and AI its fun and I usually win but as soon as I get online I cant get out of even the lowest ranks. I can more or less figure out whats going on but is there actually a way to learn past that? Ive been playing for years. Should I cut my losses?

Get on goon discord, stop playing ranked. Talk about losses with opponent. Keep at it

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Everyone's bad at the beginning. Which games do you play? Which characters do you use?

It sounds like you haven't learned the basics yet so that's what you need to work on. You can start by learning your character's basic tools (which moves are good and how to use them), some simple combos and setups, and a proper gameplan i.e., how to actually *play* your character. You can look that stuff up online or you can ask in one of the threads here.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

StabMasterArson posted:

You sound like me. Pick one of your FGs and dig into some YouTube videos on the game. Watch some about fundamentals and try to get a grasp of the most basic level of the game. Something that’s working for me is switching from thinking about winning to just trying to execute one or two things per match. Like properly defending via an anti air attack or making the opponent whiff. Most of my recent comfort with these games came from understanding how to move around and punish whiffs. Learn to bait your opponent and make them miss. Learn what to do after you successful block a move or combo. As soon as you get past the first level of discomfort you’ll be able to learn much easier though it doesn’t actually get easier, only less foreign to you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Babe Magnet posted:

no information on that but probably not, it'll likely just be the E3 demo again

I need to see Voldo in action :supaburn:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I need to see Voldo in action :supaburn:

lmao your wish has been granted

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
NEW CHARACTER

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yellow Turban Leader rules

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I saw that Azwel name leaked months ago, in this timeline I think he's related to the Groh/Kilik plot somehow. Looks okay but I don't like it when SC6 leans too far into a magical direction.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iZPsdQyII

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I dig his look and voice a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

drat this wizard daddy is awesome.