Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hes kinda fuckin dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

He made me realize something though

Micolash in SC when

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It is cool that they finally put Aris in a Soul Calibur game though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cool, they brought back Necrid as a JRPG dracula.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

This Taki player is really good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gonna be honest i like algol's style of not wearing clothes and sitting his chair on people more but i think this guy is cool

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I remember that guy's name from an old leak, I guess this is the roster after all:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hyper Inferno posted:

There was a popular GD-ROM for Dreamcast that had CvS2, 3S and MvC2 all on it. I think it was called TDO2?

The best thing about doing this was that Capcom and SNK's and FIRE PRO WRESTLING's (and several other but not all Dreamcast games) had ADX files as their music tracks so it was relatively easy to customize their soundtracks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
UNIST is fun. Whip Girl is cool. That's all, really.

Apparently there's more than two people interested in playing it in my local scene so maybe we can make it a staple at the meetups.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
After making a drunk purchase during Evo of a Terry Bogard hat I finally loaded up KOF13 on Steam. After DBFZ and T7 this feels uhh really hard to play and for fuckin around I think I'll hop back to Tekken. Looks real cool though after not playing a FF since SNES! And retroactive mad props to the tourney players for being crazy good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kilometers Davis posted:

drat this wizard daddy is awesome.

Geralt looks sick. IDK about that other dude

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

Geralt looks sick. IDK about that other dude

He looks so fun, they really nailed him imo

I’m planning on restarting and potentially beating The Witcher 3 soon so my Geralt hype is gonna be dumb as gently caress by the time SCVI is out :D

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Clothes are destructible so you can mess up Sophitias top and make her boobs even more out :negative:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mango sentinel posted:

Clothes are destructible so you can mess up Sophitias top and make her boobs even more out :negative:

Good but I want to see Geralt’s thick powerful pecs popping out too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rock had the best pecs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Voldo will put on more clothes

Mr Cow
Oct 6, 2007

mooty dollars :3
Nap Ghost

teh_Broseph posted:

After making a drunk purchase during Evo of a Terry Bogard hat I finally loaded up KOF13 on Steam. After DBFZ and T7 this feels uhh really hard to play and for fuckin around I think I'll hop back to Tekken. Looks real cool though after not playing a FF since SNES! And retroactive mad props to the tourney players for being crazy good.

i would like terry to be in tekken, i guess with geese already in tekken its unlikely they will double dip into snk for more guest characters at least he is coming to fexl i suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU this is a good guide to kof if you want to give it another shot some way down the line.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Spanish Manlove posted:

FYI it's on Spotify

It came with the Steam release if you buy it early enough. Even with that key from Voidu.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Getting a full view of Mitsurugi's rear end right now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

Voldo will put on more clothes

Business Voldo

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I remember that guy's name from an old leak, I guess this is the roster after all:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

22 characters in that list. There should be at least one more to reveal, two if Tira's space only appears after download (and assuming Inferno's space doesn't appear after unlock). I do remember early on hearing a rumor about Maxi having a boyfriend, which tracks with him having a "sword brother" on his pirate crew before Astaroth killed them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the zoro rumor was cool i hope its zoro

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
azwel is just "azrael" but said in the owo whats this voice.

anyway thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Ugh, when can I get some wizard/witch representation that isn't also evil? Wake me up when Soul Calibur 7 gets announced.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

Cervantes is 100% in because when they were previewing the Create-A-Soul feature they showed off a custom character with his moveset, which would be really weird otherwise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dracula Factory posted:

I guess keeping the ability to doll up the base characters is good but no prepackaged alternates does suck, but that seems to be the trend nowadays. I just hope there isnt paid dlc for more pretty princess dress up items because I will angrily buy it.

This is an old post, but the first season pass is Tira, three other characters, and two customization gear sets. They're still nailing down what the other three characters are gonna be, but they're open to another guest.

Also, you can share your created characters, so I'm looking forward to Create a Soul side events.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

teh_Broseph posted:

Yeeeeaaahhh.... You'll be pretty hard-pressed to find players just starting out in that game too. There are a couple though.

The game is kind of hard compared to other KoFs, but if you're used to other KoFs you can kind of get away with playing it like you play older ones, it just doesn't work as well. If you do stick with it, I recommend learning a couple of combos per character: meterless BnB, preferably from a low light, meterless punish combo, good damage combo for 1 or 2 bars, and a useful drive cancel. After learning those basics you can kind of freestyle with the combos and see where EX moves fit and where they don't, but there's a lot more to the combo system than in most fighting games. Don't even bother touching HD combos at first.

As for execution, if you've never played a KoF it's pretty difficult. Know that most combos don't require timing with any degree of proficiency and all of the difficulty stems from complex motions done relatively quickly. There are exceptions to this, but the vast majority don't need timing. You can hold the punch or kick button at the end of the motion to have the special move you're trying to do come out on the first possible frame; this so-called "button-hold trick" is tremendously useful during combos. So for Kyo's BnB, for example, you can do cr.B, cr.A, df+D cancelled into qcf+D, which has to be done really quickly from df+D, and then you do his run grab (hcb+K). There's no timing required for the run grab. As you're finishing up the qcf+D upkicks, just do hcb+K and hold the kick button, and it'll come out when it can, within reason. You can't do it IMMEDIATELY, but it gives you a ton of leeway on the combo.

Or, barring that, play Shen and don't worry about hard combos for damage. As HoboWithAShotgun told me when I was getting into the game, BIG MAN PUNCHES. BIG MAN DAMAGE.

Let me know if you want to actually learn a bit about the game though. The difficulty of the game has become a bit overblown over the years, but it is still pretty difficult. It was my first fighting game that I learned, alongside SFIV, so you can go from complete beginner to not terrible with it. It just takes a lot of effort.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
a lot of ppl keep saying that if the moves and stuff are in the create a fighter option they would be in the game but SC is infamous for putting things in from fighters that arnt actually in the game and letting you make something close to the real thing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna play that sword wizard

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Azwel's going to be hype as gently caress, weapon summoning evil wizard that hits you with that Kinniku Buster got dang

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fuckin' Gate of Babylon-rear end wizard

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Azwel's moveset should be usable with custom characters right? So I can make a...lizard wizard

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Maybe. Algol's wasn't and he looks like he fills the same role as Evil Wizard Fighting Game Final Boss. You'll probably still be able to play pretty princess with him, just not make him into the other races.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Flinger posted:

Azwel's moveset should be usable with custom characters right? So I can make a...lizard wizard

While blasting some King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard tunes!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wanna know what the rest of the races are. I know we got peoples, catgirls, elfs, lizards, mummies, robots, angels, and skellymen, but I can't tell what the others are supposed to be.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think theres bunny people and what i think are supposed to be 3 different types of malfested. not sure on the rest

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Babe Magnet posted:

Yellow Turban Leader rules

"YOU FLAMING IDIOTS"

So this is where Zhang Jiao has been

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Well you know what they say, "All's well that Azwel"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whoever said "yup that's the new Necrid" was spot on. Weird "I have like 6 ghost weapons" characters are odd and almost break the fantasy limits for me in SoulCal but he's so loving nuts that I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Broken Loose posted:

Ugh, when can I get some wizard/witch representation that isn't also evil?