Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Kikas posted:

Changes inbound: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-334057-16/operation-grim-sky-test-server-balancing-feedback
Good, they reduced the Hibana pellets required for a hatch breach to 4, so no more should you get hosed by a pellet randomly bouncing off.

quote:

DURATION OF PHONE CALLS
Implementing a time limit for the phone calls (7-8 seconds and the call ends) is interesting, but requires UI development time. This is not something we can include with Grim Sky, but may be something we look at in the future.

this sucks because sometimes its fun to let it ring and use it as bait

quote:

Maverick is currently too good

:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I want clarification on the "shotguns not working as intended, can't fix until later next season" because that's vague as hell

Do their pellets go cross eyed or something, just lemme know

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The Glaz (intended to stay) bug confuses me. Is he now the only operator who cannot destroy Castle barricades with their gun?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

jyrque posted:

The Glaz (intended to stay) bug confuses me. Is he now the only operator who cannot destroy Castle barricades with their gun?

What? No one can destroy Castle barricades with their gun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

glaz's sniper rifle has been able to destroy castle walls for a while now

it's just a really huge waste of ammo but the range is insanely OP since you can use a silencer

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
What about Buck's shotgun gadget? Or shotguns in general? The wiki mentions SMB'S BOSG can shoot through the panel and that "enough damage can even destroy them".

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

glaz's sniper rifle has been able to destroy castle walls for a while now

it's just a really huge waste of ammo but the range is insanely OP since you can use a silencer

Yeah I meant that no one else's gun can. Except for meme shotgun.

jyrque posted:

What about Buck's shotgun gadget? Or shotguns in general? The wiki mentions SMB'S BOSG can shoot through the panel and that "enough damage can even destroy them".

Shotguns cannot. The BOSG can because it has pretty much identical penetration to Glaz's sniper.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Shotguns cannot. The BOSG can because it has pretty much identical penetration to Glaz's sniper.

Yep. The only place where it's not identical is the windows on plane, oddly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thief posted:

this sucks because sometimes its fun to let it ring and use it as bait

I once baited a Twitch player into a room where I set up two routers that disabled her drones and with C4 on the ceiling. I let the phone ring and... :torgue:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kazinsal posted:

Yep. The only place where it's not identical is the windows on plane, oddly.

I believe it was initially and they rolled it back because lol.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBwdXFvqt0w

:ssh:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm just starting, and I'm wondering if I'm looking at Ash wrong. Are you supposed to use her breaching charges as distractions, where you launch one, go to another angle, and once it goes off you push them while they're looking the wrong direction? It seems like the delay on her charges is a pretty big downside, especially when she has so few.

Also, is Buck kind of an upgrade to Sledge? His shotgun seems like a good alternative to the hammer and also really good for close range. It will be a while before I can afford a new operator anyway since everything is 25k for the DLC operators.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ash is for opening soft walls from a distance. Sledge and buck do the same thing but sledge does it quieter and can break a lot more stuff than buck at the cost of taking longer to do it and needing to be point blank.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sledge also has the SMG-12 murder pistol.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
they should really keep old hereford in as a different map name as the new map is hella different

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I use the SMG on Sledge basically all the time as soon as I’m indoors, it’s ridiculous. The L85 seems pretty mediocre by comparison.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's poo poo now

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's poo poo now

Incorrect. The only thing that beats it at medium-close range is a shotgun.

e: GOLD FOUR BAYBEEEEE

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 25, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the thing that makes guns like that so dangerous is their firerate. i have a feeling that ubi is going to seriously increase the recoil for these things until they are wildly inaccurate and/or make the damage drop off about as laughable as an airsoft gun

edit: and tbh they should eventually increase recoil overall anyway for everyone - with Finka's ability reducing it to what it is now at best

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm just starting, and I'm wondering if I'm looking at Ash wrong. Are you supposed to use her breaching charges as distractions, where you launch one, go to another angle, and once it goes off you push them while they're looking the wrong direction?

its situational. the thing about breaching in this game is that if someone expects it you're looking at a face-to-face shootout which is a gamble when headshots are automatic kills

as you start to face more and more experienced opponents, you'll notice that players can kind of deduce where each other are and even where they're most likely to be facing for countless reasons. this will help determine if immediately running through the breach is worth it or not.

ash is generally used as a glass cannon. most save her ability for specific gadgets that prevent them from rushing into an area and headshotting everyone ftw, but yeah, if you can find a spot that wasn't reinforced it can sometimes gently caress over entrenched defenders that have gotten too comfortable anchoring.

and as for distractions, anything that makes sound can potentially be used as a decoy. sometimes even the regular breach charges are more effective than Alibi's prisma holograms! this is because not only do they make a loud sound via remote detonation - they ALSO open up new pathways which force a defender to visualize where you might have put it, what new rotations/sight lines that hole opens up, and if you're even going to use it.

on top of all of this, you could just as easily have loving put the breach on something useless.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It seems like the delay on her charges is a pretty big downside, especially when she has so few.

Also, is Buck kind of an upgrade to Sledge? His shotgun seems like a good alternative to the hammer and also really good for close range. It will be a while before I can afford a new operator anyway since everything is 25k for the DLC operators.

there's pros & cons for each:
  • with ash the charge shoots in a laser perfect line but you have the obvious delay
  • hibana is a hyrbid between this and thermite - which means an even longer delay but more options
  • zofia's launcher explodes immediately on impact but you have to compensate for the arching trajectory

as for buck vs sledge:
  • the sledgehammer is quieter but requires melee range and there is a slight delay after swinging to pull out your gun
  • buck's skeleton key breaches well enough from a distance and can magdump in emergencies but runs out of ammo VERY quickly

ubi tries their best to make the operators with similar abilities different enough to change how they feel and what you can get away with when using them but what it really comes down to is personal preference and WHAT you want to do. even if all you want to do is sit on cameras all day there is are operators that specialize in this. as you explore each character in this game you'll start to see that many of the DLC ones are basically hybrids or mirrors/reworks to previously existing ones

fwiw stuff like pro-league pick rates only matter if you sincerely intend on ranking up to Diamond (don't do this)

the abilities are cool and are a big part of what makes Siege so replayable, but at their core, each operator has a gun and while it's fun to sperg out on things like DPS practically everything will kill in a single burst if you aim well enough.

Thief fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 25, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Penpal posted:

I want clarification on the "shotguns not working as intended, can't fix until later next season" because that's vague as hell

Do their pellets go cross eyed or something, just lemme know

So shotguns after the first shot stop having recoil. The gun recoils on the first shot, and then every shot after that has the exact same point of aim and pattern until you stop shooting.

Yes this is exactly is as broken as you think it is. Welcome to Ela's one and a half month black reign.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Orv posted:

So shotguns after the first shot stop having recoil. The gun recoils on the first shot, and then every shot after that has the exact same point of aim and pattern until you stop shooting.

Yes this is exactly is as broken as you think it is. Welcome to Ela's one and a half month black reign.

They fixed it in today's patch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

They fixed it in today's patch.

...Sure whatever.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lmao meanwhile the AA-12 continues to exist at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjlwFT3kx0k

fwiw i always run it with angled grip

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thief posted:

lmao meanwhile the AA-12 continues to exist at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjlwFT3kx0k

fwiw i always run it with angled grip

:stare:

Sure that thing compensates low damage with filling an area with lead really fast holy poo poo.

Good games last night on PS4 with a goon and some of his friends. Was fun to hop in NA servers and still get some good kills and (I hope he didn't save that) die because I was at the roof of house as Thatcher, cav got an interrogation and as last man alive while ADSing for windows I forgot to check the ground and... *splat*

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Incorrect. The only thing that beats it at medium-close range is a shotgun.

e: GOLD FOUR BAYBEEEEE

What he meant is that it's getting seriously nerfed on next update.
Same with the other secondary machine pistol

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Smg-11*

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you can go ahead and call maverick's pistol whatever tacticool designation Ubi gave it but true operators know it as the Silverballer

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Have they mentioned a release date? I want to play angry British cop lady without having to download the TTS.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah that

Krogort posted:

What he meant is that it's getting seriously nerfed on next update.
Same with the other secondary machine pistol

Oh, that makes sense. I thought they said they weren't touching the machine pistols?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Azran posted:

Have they mentioned a release date? I want to play angry British cop lady without having to download the TTS.

Next month.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I bought the starter edition and this game sucks

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDz2J6AcXE&t=515s

Really annoyed that this guy put a clip of him getting me with Blackbeard like we didn't beat his team that match. Get the gently caress out of here.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I bought the starter edition and this game sucks

lol cool who is your favorite operator tho?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thief posted:

lol cool who is your favorite operator tho?

Probably recruit, tachanka and fuze.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

*puts down rook armor bag* ...pfft, that's it? thought there'd be more to the abilities in this game

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/9a6224/this_actually_upset_me/

can you even embed these videos here?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

New operator gadget icnos, some are a bit weird, but I got a chuckle out of Pulse.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Most of them get the point across while also looking like complete poo poo.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So that's what the operator select screen is gonna look like in Season 10.

I don't see any of the psychic ops on there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the last operator in the game will be a lab experiment clone spliced between ela and zofia injected with their father's AI memories