Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Eej posted:

Considering the only knifecrimer in MHA is Toga that's probably a really good idea for Deku

Stain?? My boy even had a special knife licking tongue like he was half frog or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I try not to over think this comic too much but I really can't imagine how Stain discovered his ability.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I try not to over think this comic too much but I really can't imagine how Stain discovered his ability.

maybe he bit another kid when he was 4-ish and the other kid couldn't move for a bit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Maybe there’s a special quirk doctor that has a quirk to find out other quirks.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Stain?? My boy even had a special knife licking tongue like he was half frog or something

He had a sword so clearly his knives were sidearms

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his knife was actually just laced with a numbing agent and he was bullshitting at the speed of light when deku "figured his quirk out"

"I get it! your quirk has to do with blood types!"
"sure dude"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, Shinso's tall.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Please do not give BNHA conspiracy theorists any ideas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Manatee Cannon posted:

his knife was actually just laced with a numbing agent and he was bullshitting at the speed of light when deku "figured his quirk out"

"I get it! your quirk has to do with blood types!"
"sure dude"
Follow-up idea, Pressure is his real quirk, he just uses the knife to pretend he's weaker than he actually is.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

chiasaur11 posted:

You'll notice that none of them are on his team. And it gets worse, because the rest of the team is Jiro, Sato, and Cero. As in three of the people in 1-A least likely to take charge of a situation on their own. Momo, Shoto, or Iida might not be able to get Bakugo to play nice, but they could at least account for him as an independent actor, plan around him. This team does not have that kind of capability.

I'm predicting a tire fire.
I think he must have some level of like/respect for Jiro (and she in turn must have some ability at managing him), otherwise the band performance would also have been a tire fire. Not sure if that'll translate into teamwork on the battlefield as well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was going to make a comment suggesting each dorm will look after a kid and show them the ropes or something, but looking over it again each dorm has enough space for 32 people, and each class currently has 20. This makes me wonder if the whole "do poorly and you'll get replaced by a kid from General or even Support" is going to be another "ruse" by Aizawa.

I suggested earlier that there might be a reshuffling of the two classes, but now that you mention 32, I wonder whether it won't be that the two classes merge while dropping the 8 worst-performing students or something.

Aizawa's penchant for expelling students has to come up at some point, right?

We haven't heard much about UA's second- and third-year students outside the Sannin, but there's no mention of Class 2-A or 3-B.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I bet Aizawa has never actually expelled a student

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carlosologist posted:

Turns out this is Aizawa's first year of teaching.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Wasn't there a thing where All Might was looking him up when he first found out Deku would have Aizawa for homeroom, and he once expelled an entire class?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

JahRoo posted:

Wasn't there a thing where All Might was looking him up when he first found out Deku would have Aizawa for homeroom, and he once expelled an entire class?

I wonder if that meant he didn't do anything that year, or if he just called up a whole class of General Education students to replace them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

I think you mean Eri gets a new older brother.

I'm loving the Aizawa family.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

And stray cats like they're wayward children, probably.

Stray cats aren't very receptive of our boy Aizawa.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Joke also was surprised to see that Aizawa had a full class.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at this point the class is well-established enough that i doubt any of them will be going anywhere until the other shoe drops on this traitor nonsense

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carlosologist posted:

Spoiler...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's odd the students are still not allowed to ever leave campus for any reason that isn't hero related. At this point it has been months since the whole kidnapping disaster and the kids are fighting actual villains as semi-licensed pros anyway.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The teacher expelling policy at UA is super stupid. I get that as a plot device it was introduced to give a sense of danger to Deku being not used to his power early on but it's always goofy when Eraserhead has to figure out why he's not excelling people. The entire "I'm going to expel the worse person in this class regardless of how good they actually are" was especially ridiculous. Like imagine getting into a top school full of other similarly gifted students and then getting hosed because your homeroom teacher wanted to make a point about how he could kick anyone out leaving you without any options for highschool for at least a year.

It's kind of like Bakugao telling Deku to kill himself. It's still something there but you probably aren't supposed to really think about it very hard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Ever suck on a finger after cutting it by accident?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not another person's!

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It never said he was immune to his own quirk so obviously he absentmindedly sucked on a cut finger or bit his tongue and suddenly got frozen and freaked out.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Radish posted:

The teacher expelling policy at UA is super stupid. I get that as a plot device it was introduced to give a sense of danger to Deku being not used to his power early on but it's always goofy when Eraserhead has to figure out why he's not excelling people. The entire "I'm going to expel the worse person in this class regardless of how good they actually are" was especially ridiculous. Like imagine getting into a top school full of other similarly gifted students and then getting hosed because your homeroom teacher wanted to make a point about how he could kick anyone out leaving you without any options for highschool for at least a year.

It's kind of like Bakugao telling Deku to kill himself. It's still something there but you probably aren't supposed to really think about it very hard.

Wondering if the way they would deal with that would be to just move the "expelled" students to general studies. Giving them another shot to shine at the sports festival to prove that the expelling teacher was wrong about them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Vigilantes is up.

Koichi, buddy, I think you have a problem.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
are there hero colleges or do you just start work full time after high school or is it somewhere in between like in the nba

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you had told me Pop would wind up being my favorite part of Vigilantes back when it started, I probably would have laughed myself to death. But she's fun, and I enjoy all the crap she has to put up with.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

tbp posted:

are there hero colleges or do you just start work full time after high school or is it somewhere in between like in the nba

I don't think there are any colleges, they just go straight into it after high school.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
As slways, imgur mirror of Vigilantes.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

If you had told me Pop would wind up being my favorite part of Vigilantes back when it started, I probably would have laughed myself to death. But she's fun, and I enjoy all the crap she has to put up with.

Interesting how the artist has started drawing her more cute/expressive even when she isn't in costume. Like, now she's in her element she's coming out of her shell.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't think there are any colleges, they just go straight into it after high school.

Sort of like having technical/trade schooling during high school, I suppose.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MHA Volume 20 has a little section that switches everyone's hair and you have to guess who's hairstyle is who.

Answers:
1) Deku (Mineta)
2) All Might (Shouji)
3) Bakugou (Iida)
4) Ochako (Aizawa)
5) Aizawa (Ojiro)
6) Todoroki (Satou)
7) Iida (All Might)
8) Yaoyorozu (Todoroki)
9) Tsuyu (Kirishima)
10) Sero (Kaminari)
11) Ojiro (Jirou)
12) Jirou (Bakugou)
13) Kaminari (Ochako)
14) Kirishima (Ashido)
15) Ashido (Yaoyorozu)
16) Kouda (Tokoyami)
17) Shouji (Tsuyu)
18) Satou (Aoyama)
19) Hagakure (Sero)
20) Tokoyami (Deku)
21) Aoyama (Hagakure)
22) Mineta (Kouda)

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Confirmation that Hagakure is bald I guess. Or at least that she has invisible hair.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It took me a moment to realize that was Sero with Kaminari's hair and not just Kaminari. :psyduck:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Interesting that Tokoyami and Kouda qualify as having hair

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I don't think I ever quite realised that Ashido and Momo have super similar faces.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Neito posted:

I don't think I ever quite realised that Ashido and Momo have super similar faces.

Ashido's really rockin' Momo's hair, actually. Meanwhile, Jirou's actually rockin' an impressive drag impression of (a theoretically subdued) Bakugou, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Todoroki with that hair is literally just circa-Book 2 Zuko.