Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

FAUXTON posted:

introducing the Tesla Flammenlieferungwagen

vw, not Ikea

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

an artist has to eat too :shrug:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it's funny, but I think the whole "atomicthumbs is a narc" thing is pretty dumb, too. the tesla guy making GBS threads on his company would have gotten out with or without that tweet.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

atomicthumbs is a quality yosposter, imo

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

i wonder if elon is trying to have this guy killed too, like tripp

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Chris Knight posted:

hi, grimes!

and misdemeanors

Missy Elliott?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

akadajet posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
since we're on reg chat, i regged back in high school (during a free reg period) on the advice of another goon who i was already internet friends with from the Total Annihilation forum annihilated.com

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my reg: a very sad new year's eve for 17 year old me

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pretty sure I regged to photoshop a dick on somethng and was immediately banned but reregged because it was before the paywall.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

akadajet posted:

has anyone else so effectively trolled gbs?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

TSLA down another 3% this morning. :yeshaha:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

akadajet posted:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

mrmcd posted:

TSLA down another 3% this morning. :yeshaha:

It'll be a lot easier to take tesla private if its worth nothing, another master stroke from elon playing the long con

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ADINSX posted:

It'll be a lot easier to take tesla private if its worth nothing, another master stroke from elon playing the long con

"did I say $420 share price? I meant $4.20"

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"did I say $420 share price? I meant $4.20"

nah he would try $42.00 because douglas adams get the referance aren't i the cool ceo with these referances?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wargames posted:

nah he would try $42.00 because douglas adams get the referance aren't i the cool ceo with these referances?

yeah, it's this.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1033861153204723713?s=21

note that this is the third time a Tesla on autopilot went “FIRETRUCK!” and smashed into one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is the assembly line going 30 miles an hour yet?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
maybe if they park a firetruck in sight of the line exit they'll get there

though given their recent trash fire that actually might not be a bad idea anyway

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

maybe if they park a firetruck in sight of the line exit they'll get there

though given their recent trash fire that actually might not be a bad idea anyway

hang an inflatable fire truck from the end of a fishing pole--boom autopilot 2.0.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love that in 2018 the ostensible ceo of an auto manufacturer literally doesn't know that welds need to cool

maybe he assumed the added airflow of his high speed assembly line would take care of it

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Yeah overall it's probably for the best if Teslas are designed to home in on firetrucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

akadajet posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hobbesmaster posted:

actually this is the better take

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qirex posted:

I love that in 2018 the ostensible ceo of an auto manufacturer literally doesn't know that welds need to cool

maybe he assumed the added airflow of his high speed assembly line would take care of it

just have the robots dump water on it, i mean what does it matter if the metal cools really fast or slow right, it's just metal!!!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zikan posted:

note that this is the third time a Tesla on autopilot went “FIRETRUCK!” and smashed into one

i guess the autopilot ai was based on rube waddell

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zikan posted:

That's pretty smart of the autopilot to aim for firetrucks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

akadajet posted:

yes

i also miss having my long flowing hair in my late teens and early 20s :sigh: it owned

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Back in grad school I went to a transportation human factors conference. A lot of insurance companies also have an interest in the field because a big chunk of it is researching crash risk factors.

Anyway over one of the lunches I was chatting to one of insurance folks about what they thought of autonomous vehicles and they mentioned that one they get a surprising number of claims from Tesla owners for garage door/front of house damage, presumably from the autopark/summon feature loving up and deciding it needs to go another few feet into your living room.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shameful as poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

hey they removed 400 "unneeded" welds, so maybe if they just remove a few hundred more they won't have to wait for any to cool!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

protip: you don't need any heat for jb weld. ;)

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

what did he do?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Back in grad school I went to a transportation human factors conference. A lot of insurance companies also have an interest in the field because a big chunk of it is researching crash risk factors.

Anyway over one of the lunches I was chatting to one of insurance folks about what they thought of autonomous vehicles and they mentioned that one they get a surprising number of claims from Tesla owners for garage door/front of house damage, presumably from the autopark/summon feature loving up and deciding it needs to go another few feet into your living room.

lol the coolaid man of cars

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
if Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy making poor decisions as a figurehead for his company as a cover for his secret identity as Batman, what do you think Elon’s secret identity is?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

*crashes through a load-bearing wall*

heard u were talkin poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

akadajet posted:

also lol at shaming someone for garden variety "check out my soundcloud" in the hell age of personal brands and the gig economy

some folk gotta do it for their living, literally do not hate the player hate the game?!