Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

I hear they are bigger at Sam's Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bologna is just the American version of mortadella, which is equally gross.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I've had a bbq'd smoked bologna before and I enjoyed it a lot!

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

look at all these moneybags that didn't grow up on balogna sandwiches and bar s hotdogs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
baloney is good bitch!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

baloney is good bitch!
Baloney is literally a word kids say to signify something sucks rear end.

In fact, I don't recall my local Co selling bolognia anything.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Ghostnuke posted:

look at all these moneybags that didn't grow up on balogna sandwiches and bar s hotdogs

Fried bologna sandwiches own hard. My dad would make them for me and my sister back in the day. Couple thick slices of all-beef bologna, mustard, pickles, grilled onions... fuckin' top tier sandwich right there.

Also bologna is basically a giant hot dog cut into slices, so if you eat hot dogs, you can get down with bologna.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i went in for some groceries and there was a sample of costco store brand pesto today. it convinced me to buy a jar. it doesn't look as appetizing as the classico pesto, but it actually tastes better! the costco brand is a lot cheaper than classico too.

what a wonderful store

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Lol at anyone who goes to Wal-mart's knockoff of costco

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Maybe if Sam's Club didn't suck rear end, it'd have its own GBS thread.

How is the laundry detergent? Does it smell good? I ran out and I'd like to go Kirkland for it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AWarmBody posted:

How is the laundry detergent? Does it smell good? I ran out and I'd like to go Kirkland for it

The pods are pretty good IMHO.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
We've been using the Kirkland environmentally friendly liquid laundry detergent since we first got our membership in 2016. Scent is pleasant and not too strong and does a good job cleaning - we rarely have to run anything twice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Geoj posted:

We've been using the Kirkland environmentally friendly liquid laundry detergent since we first got our membership in 2016. Scent is pleasant and not too strong and does a good job cleaning - we rarely have to run anything twice.

Exactly the same for us. It's good stuff and last so long that we're surprised when we run out since it's been out of our minds for so long.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

that dish soap is good

i bought a 2pack of the body wash. while nice soap actually getting the thing open was very difficult

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jerry seinfel posted:

that dish soap is good

i bought a 2pack of the body wash. while nice soap actually getting the thing open was very difficult

i upgraded to the cascade pods and its noticeable how much better it is, especially on glassware.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AWarmBody posted:

works well, smells fantastic, been using it for years

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Here on the island of Kauai we call it the costcos, as in lets go to the costcos and get pizza, also we never get frozen orange juice for some reason.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Geoj posted:

It's on sale right now for like $12 for 200oz, it's an insanely good deal.

I was very excited when I bought some last year but then my kid broke out in hives from it and had to switch back to Tide :(

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My top five favorite Costco branded items:

1. Bar soap (the Dove knockoff)
2. Laundry Soap
3. Wet rear end in a top hat Wipes
4. Milk (yes, the milk... it's always super fresh, better than local super markets or Restaurant Depot)
5. the Dish Soap

Argyle posted:

Also bologna is basically a giant hot dog cut into slices, so if you eat hot dogs, you can get down with bologna.

Not really. Baloney is much softer, as it contains chicken and pork. The Costco dog has the firm snap of an all beef dog.
Baloney is also seasoned with a little bit of plain yellow mustard... so that's the flavor: pork, beef, chicken, and French's.

I can eat fried hunks of it with spicy mustard, pickles and onions, but a cold baloney sandwich? Gross.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Costco pizzas were a common fixture in birthday parties from grade school to graduation. Super cheap and filling.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i upgraded to the cascade pods and its noticeable how much better it is, especially on glassware.

First package of dish ppds we got was CASCADE PLATINUM with 3 different colored soaps on it.

The second package was not the PLATINUM and only has two. The Platinum really does work better

Geoj posted:

Ya the envi friendly soap works well and smells nice without being overpowering. However the Costco brand dryer sheets aren't great and have a weird scent

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AWarmBody posted:

It has a pretty pleasant but subtle smell, which is good if that's your thing, but I find it just doesn't clean as good as the name brands.

Personally I still buy giant things of liquid tide. It costs a lot up front but it lasts forever. I also love my clothes smelling like every brand of laundry detergent had a giant orgy on my clothes so I also buy those dippin dots looking downy things.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 28, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also I missed Bologna chat so I'm gonna add my 2 cents.

Bologna is much the same as American Cheese were all people know is pre-sliced individually wrapped garbage. If you buy it freshly cut from the deli it's a million times better. I used to poo poo on American Cheese at all opportunities until my wife made me see the light and forced freshly sliced boar's head american into my mouth. I mean, I still prefer me some pepper jack or swiss on my sandwiches, but I won't turn my nose up on some American anymore. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, American Cheese is still the go-to for a grilled cheese sandwich. Any cheese tastes good on a grilled cheese, but if it's not American, it's not Just As Mom Used To Make Good.

Costco needs a Deli section like BJ's has. I loving love me some deli meat.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 28, 2018

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have reason to believe my local Costco provided me with bad gas, putting my car in the shop and costing me an insurance deductible and some other bs :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whoa how can you even tell if you've gotten bad gas? Does your mechanic pull some out of your car and do SCIENCE on it? I'm actually curious since I've never heard of someone with that problem.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whoa how can you even tell if you've gotten bad gas? Does your mechanic pull some out of your car and do SCIENCE on it? I'm actually curious since I've never heard of someone with that problem.

All I know so far:

- Aug 19 fill up from E (like not enough gas to get home) on Costco gas
- Van takes three trips during the week totaling ~30 miles
- Vehicle fails Aug 24 after traveling quarter mile

The mechanic discovered that the gas is not normal looking gas, possibly e85 (my local Costco does not offer e85). Waiting on insurance claims person, who took a sample of the gas, to get to the bottom of it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Most modern vehicles can run on E-85 even if they're not "flexfuel" capable. They just won't be happy about it and will likely run poorly/rough, potentially with a check engine light - but it shouldn't cause any permanent damage.

There's rumors about how the ethanol will eat at rubber seals and hoses but again, modern vehicles have been designed to accept ethanol in the fuel (most pump gas is E10 or E15 unless you buy it at an airport, marina or race track) and can handle E-85. I'd be surprised if the fuel actually caused the problem - at least assuming the truck delivered E-85 in place of 87.

e: the story linked below is a much more likely scenario.
VVV

Geoj fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 28, 2018

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It isn't the first time Costco has messed up with their gas

http://www.waff.com/story/8687919/premium-gas-at-costco-july-8th-caused-damage-to-some-cars/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Well at least Costco comped to the mistake, so it sucks it happened but hey! Accountability!

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Most modern vehicles can run on E-85 even if they're not "flexfuel" capable. They just won't be happy about it and will likely run poorly/rough, potentially with a check engine light - but it shouldn't cause any permanent damage.

There's rumors about how the ethanol will eat at rubber seals and hoses but again, modern vehicles have been designed to accept ethanol in the fuel (most pump gas is E10 or E15 unless you buy it at an airport, marina or race track) and can handle E-85. I'd be surprised if the fuel actually caused the problem - at least assuming the truck delivered E-85 in place of 87.

e: the story linked below is a much more likely scenario.
VVV

My 14 Sienna definitely cannot take e85. My 11 Charger was able to take it though.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

My local Costco once accidentally filled their tanks with diesel instead of gas, my mom’s car got proper hosed

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Local Costco said they haven't had any reports and had an inspector come through last week. So idk what hosed up my van still, but Costco continues to be a good store that pays its employees well

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

"bad gas" is generally mechanic for "I don't know wtf"

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Costco sources its gas from the local refineries/distro points. Usually multiple brands use the same local gas distro point, just mixed with whatever additives that brand uses.
Also, the gas drivers are not Costco, and if they make a bad drop or whatever, Costco has to deal with it.

Usually gas drops are requested/purchased a few days ahead of time, and pre scheduled. Prices are set each morning after a round of comp shops to local stations. Generally Costco matches the lowest comp shop, unless they are obviously trying to undercut. Sometimes local stations will raise their price after Costco does the comp shop just to mess with them.

I used to do early morning station support, and sit next to a guy who used to be a gas buyer.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I have experience with fuel claims like that and it’s usually from filling up your car after a heavy rain when water leaked into the fuel supply, or if the suppliers puts diesel in the gasoline tank in which case you will have a ton of claims.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
There is a certain amount of water allowed in the tank, bu tif they run it low, then that causes problems.
Sometimes if they supplier runs out of regular, they will drop premium in the regular, but yeah Diesel will gently caress everything up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/victorialoopz/status/1032148518650097666

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Going to Costco tonight for communion and tons of poo poo I don't need but can't live without. PBUC

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
The Costco mailer came today. I'm looking forward to the $4 discount on Izze, which is a personal staple.

Sometimes I lie in bed and imagine shopping at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I got a thing of coupons in the mail from Costco. Part of it was for a $20 gift card for new members even though I've had a membership for years. The other coupons are for a free food court pizza, 3lbs of Kirkland brand Colombian coffee, a 72 pack of Kirkland AA batteries, and a 6 pack of canned chicken breast.

I've never gotten coupons like this for free stuff, weird.