Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what about a stateless person though

id like to sea the answer to this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

weren't you the goon whose family has land on a desirable california lake location but oh no my family has no money at all no sir i have had no privilege in life

the lake is literally poisonous (mercury year-round and cyanobacteria blooms to spice it up during the summer) and the area's economy has been in continuous decline since the 90s; the lake used to be a major tourist destination but that stopped and the resort closed. the only remaining major industry is wine and most everything that's not a winery is either trailers or has burned down. most of the streets in the county seat, Clearlake, aren't paved.

but yes, I am still comparatively privileged, and I understand most people wouldn't be able to spend the summer living with their dad even in exchange for cutting firebreaks and being afraid of fires for the entire summer and having to wear a respirator to go outside for a subset of that

doesn't change the fact that my only in-person social interaction is with my dad and I can't afford gas money to go anywhere else, a timing belt, or a bed

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 28, 2018

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

hobbesmaster posted:

most countries don’t “recognize” dual citizenship so this doesn’t come up

in australia we had several (like 8?) members of parliament/senators have to resign because they had dual citizenship it was pretty funny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

the lake is literally poisonous (mercury year-round and cyanobacteria blooms to spice it up during the summer) and the area's economy has been in continuous decline since the 90s; the lake used to be a major tourist destination but that stopped and the resort closed. the only remaining major industry is wine and most everything that's not a winery is either trailers or has burned down. most of the streets in the county seat, Clearlake, aren't paved.

but yes, I am still comparatively privileged, and I understand most people wouldn't be able to spend the summer living with their dad even in exchange for cutting firebreaks and being afraid of fires for the entire summer and having to wear a respirator to go outside for a subset of that

doesn't change the fact that my only in-person social interaction is with my dad and I can't afford gas money to go anywhere else, a timing belt, or a bed

☹️

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

main saving grace is that it's pretty as hell, but you'll have to take my word for that. there's a mountain behind the wildfire smoke in this pic, which i took from the road. looking down you can see my dad's occasional neighbor's vacation home, which i fantasize about squatting in

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ZeusCannon posted:

So I wandered in when everyone else did but I just gotta ask there's no loving way that rear door thing is real right?

Around page 24:

http://assets.teslastatic.com/2016_Model_X_Emergency_Response_Guide.pdf

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/2017_Model_3_Emergency_Response_Guide_en.pdf

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

infernal machines posted:

elon "elon musk" musk: hey guys, another brilliant idea here, why is nobody doing <x>?
twitter: drat you are smart #TSLA #SHORT_SELL_SHORT_SIGHT

subject matter experts: because that's dumb as poo poo and won't work at all
twitter: pedos the lot of them!!!

he's like a 12 year old with billions of other people's dollars

fixed

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wait.. how many slaves does viral twitter sensation atomicthumbs have?

1.21 gigaclintons

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

the Minecraft school of engineering

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i'd like to take this opportunity to share some helpful information with everyone who came to this thread from another subforum, or even from offsite

yospos is a forum for people who love to gently caress our computers and cum in them

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 28, 2018

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

don't reveal the yospos secret

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

you're right, of course. post edited.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

wait.. how many slaves does viral twitter sensation atomicthumbs have?

one. its me and im a slave to capital

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

the Minecraft school of engineering

At least he's trying!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
he’s trying alright. trying my freakin patience!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i'd like to take this opportunity to share some helpful information with everyone who came to this thread from another subforum, or even from offsite

yospos is a forum for people who love to gently caress our computers and cum in them

this is unironically true.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sometimes i accidentally bump the turbo button with my wangdoodle and get a little shock!

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

wait is that a bios setting or something i want that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm already disqualified by my tweets with pictures of the ESET NOD32 android alleging that he's "ready to gently caress" and with the NOD32 tagline replaced with "INDOMITABLE BIONIC PENIS"

e: re, the linking to post thing: i do that because a cool guy i follow on twitter (gravislizard) got in a habit of linking his ko-fi page after his rants about how lovely software design is and made a small amount of money off it, and because i will do anything i'm able to in order to monetize my art skills while i can't actually do my art

i drive 100 miles each way to my job, one day a week, which doesn't pay all of my bills. i'm going to be switching to full time as soon as the fire season ends; until then I'm living with my dad (doing house/yard labor for him in lieu of rent) so that I can help him pack if he needs to evacuate. all my valuable belongings, negatives, prints etc are still in a pile in the living room, having prepared them during the Mendocino Complex fire as the border of the evacuation zone crept closer and closer to the house

if you want to help me not have to beg for money so i can sleep on something other than a camping cot that's slowly becoming concave as the months go on, i can link you to my ko-fi

you don't have to justify yourself

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you don't have to justify yourself

maybe hes convincing himself

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a friend of mine just got a model 3 and is having a kid soon. i hope he doesn't ever get in a wreck.

he also will defend literally anything his definitely not too good employer does, so he's as dyp as is humanly possible

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

a friend of mine just got a model 3 and is having a kid soon. i hope he doesn't ever get in a wreck.

that scenario legit terrifies me. i was thinking of this the other day during door handle chat.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

he also will defend literally anything his definitely not too good employer does, so he's as dyp as is humanly possible

print out that page and conveniently leave it near his wife

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

teslas are not healthy for children and other living things.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

exploded mummy posted:

print out that page and conveniently leave it near his wife

Give his wife a listing of common problems and how to mitigate them safely.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol it’s not ‘concern trolling’ if you actually are (mostly) concerned; now you guys have a Tesla you both need to know this stuff /hands door protocol printout

see how long he ‘endlessly defends’ to an incandescent wife :o:

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
the classwarfare game has material implications for millions of human beings

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he lives far away so it's not really an option. oh well!

mystes
May 31, 2006

endlessmonotony posted:

Give his wife a listing of common problems and how to mitigate them safely.
Common problems and how to mitigate them safely:
Your husband buys a Tesla -> divorce

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's rapidly becoming the bitcoin of cars lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

i always thought of it as the android of cars

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'd still own a Tesla, but I'd laugh about the people praising its quality.

akadajet posted:

Nah, its the iPhone accessories pack of cars.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if i were in the market for an ev i'd buy something from a reputable car manufacturer like gm

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

akadajet posted:

sacrificing functionality in favor of form and aesthetic design make it the apple

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

nah it's the mlm of cars. they have referral links and everything

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

CommieGIR posted:

I'd still own a Tesla, but I'd laugh about the people praising its quality.

Nah, its the iPhone accessories pack of cars.

If someone like gave me one I'd probably drive a few times at least, because it looks kinda fun. But lol @ spending 80k real earth dollars or whatever on garbage build quality and all the other half-assed poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Endless Mike posted:

nah it's the mlm of cars. they have referral links and everything

Lol okay that's an even better embarrassing money sink for rubes comparison

Lonoxmont
Aug 28, 2018
I'm too stupid to put something witty here. Sorry. :canada:

Waffle House posted:

no dont ruin my headcanon, I want the future with the Lowtax Superspine

If it helps any, this thread is the one that finally got me to stop lurking and get an account. So there should be at least a little more income for the site now.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

jeffery posted:

the classwarfare game has material implications for millions of human beings

no war but class war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lonoxmont posted:

If it helps any, this thread is the one that finally got me to stop lurking and get an account. So there should be at least a little more income for the site now.

ONE !

welcome lol