Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lonoxmont posted:

If it helps any, this thread is the one that finally got me to stop lurking and get an account. So there should be at least a little more income for the site now.

now buy an av or forever be cursed to be a whitenoise poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Lonoxmont posted:

If it helps any, this thread is the one that finally got me to stop lurking and get an account. So there should be at least a little more income for the site now.

can you like defend elon a little bit please? we were really hoping for a greater turnout but now that you're here at least play the part.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i want fart power cars to come back and tell more stories :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sorry, he's dead now. atomicthumbs got him murked

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

musk not being able to have people killed is the only evidence that we are not in a cyberpunk dystopia

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i seriously cant wait to play that fuckin game

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lonoxmont posted:

things are finally looking up uP UP!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Roosevelt posted:

i want fart power cars to come back and tell more stories :(

i still believe it's cause he logged out and didn't remember the username change.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034458577346260992

it's okay elong ur allowed 2 cry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hopefully about his attempt at a threesome back firing completely

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
haha I can’t believe that’s real

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ol qwerty bastard posted:

it's okay elong ur allowed 2 cry

check out the toot right after this, hyping his butt coin give away! an amazing surprise!!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

teslas are not healthy for children and other living things.

nice astroturfing but im onto you edison

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
fyi elon still thinks the cave rescue guy is a pedo

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034481160783585280

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034482379992301568

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034483805397114882

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034486631351242752

Lonoxmont
Aug 28, 2018
I'm too stupid to put something witty here. Sorry. :canada:

rapeface posted:

now buy an av or forever be cursed to be a whitenoise poster

Is this any better? Also, at least Tesla can never be accused of making the same slow rolling coffins as their competition. You can get a speeding ticket on the way to the grave!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

clearly he's guilty until proven innocent, and the only way to prove that innocence is by being in the global spotlight for weeks or months as he sues me, a billionaire who is beloved by thousands of gross toxic dorks that will ruin the lives of anyone who opposes me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ah, yes, the standard as old as time--it's up to others to disprove your insane claims. the very foundation of our legal system, handed down from hamurabbi. dang.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Endless Mike posted:

he lives far away

after some time in the Tesla, that'll only be half true.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh yeah, well did you spend any time investigating the claim i obviously made up off the cuff when he hurt my feelings? no? well then how do you know it's untrue?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

poty posted:

fyi elon still thinks the cave rescue guy is a pedo

epic notch disease

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

he seems hung up on the pedo thing. maybe it's projection. I mean he is dating a chick that looks like a 17 year old

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

https://twitter.com/politeworkacco1/status/1034488643841417217

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/politeworkacco1/status/1034488643841417217

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
damnit

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

klafbang posted:

after some time in the Tesla, that'll only be half true.

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lonoxmont posted:

Is this any better? Also, at least Tesla can never be accused of making the same slow rolling coffins as their competition. You can get a speeding ticket on the way to the grave!

that's better, thank you. :)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yew still lev me dent yew grehms

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
"if i accuse someone of a crime and they don't sue me, that proves my accusation was true" wow this is the sort of brain genius logic that makes musk the smartest man on the world no wonder he can make all the best inventions like cars that automatically catch fire or a subway that only goes in one direction

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

grahms. meh mand hes bean expended frahm de ecid. i em de messiah.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
chappie is the only good south african

Lonoxmont
Aug 28, 2018

ol qwerty bastard posted:

"if i accuse someone of a crime and they don't sue me, that proves my accusation was true" wow this is the sort of brain genius logic that makes musk the smartest man on the world no wonder he can make all the best inventions like cars that automatically catch fire or a subway that only goes in one direction

Well, to be fair, as long as you have another subway line running the other way running somewhat close to it, and some method of transferring trains from one tunnel to the other at each end, could still work. Still not the best solution, mind you, but theoretically fixable. As I understand it, most actual subway systems tend to run somewhat like this anyways, at least the smaller ones I have personally been on. Can't speak for the larger, more complex ones.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Lonoxmont posted:

Well, to be fair, as long as you have another subway line running the other way running somewhat close to it, and some method of transferring trains from one tunnel to the other at each end, could still work. Still not the best solution, mind you, but theoretically fixable. As I understand it, most actual subway systems tend to run somewhat like this anyways, at least the smaller ones I have personally been on. Can't speak for the larger, more complex ones.

LRTs have an engine on both ends so they can go back and forth on the same track easily, instead of doing some convoluted hyperloop u turn

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

President Beep posted:

grahms. meh mand hes bean expended frahm de ecid. i em de messiah.

lmao its dune but it's elon musk riding a loving tunnel boring machine

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lmao its dune but it's elon musk riding a loving tunnel boring machine

the BORING company! haha get it!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

*in extremely gurney halleck voice*

AUTOPILOTS!

*1000 teslas charge in and run over the sardokar*

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I hate him so much

Lonoxmont
Aug 28, 2018

SmokaDustbowl posted:

LRTs have an engine on both ends so they can go back and forth on the same track easily, instead of doing some convoluted hyperloop u turn

Which is fine for systems where you can ensure you will never have more than one train in the same block at the same time, or two trains approaching each other without a passing track/siding. At least in the (small) metro system in my town, they just have one track on each side of the platforms, one for one direction and one for the opposite. Turnaround loop at each end of the line. Kind of wish they would let people ride during the turnaround, but they make everyone get off of the trains. I guess it has to do with a noise thing? It is pretty noisy from what echoes out of the tunnel.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lonoxmont posted:

Which is fine for systems where you can ensure you will never have more than one train in the same block at the same time, or two trains approaching each other without a passing track/siding. At least in the (small) metro system in my town, they just have one track on each side of the platforms, one for one direction and one for the opposite. Turnaround loop at each end of the line. Kind of wish they would let people ride during the turnaround, but they make everyone get off of the trains. I guess it has to do with a noise thing? It is pretty noisy from what echoes out of the tunnel.

just have the trains go up on two wheels to go around each other like in cartoons, problem solved

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im sure computer vision and AI and big gyroscopes could do that just fine, it's a solved problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Lonoxmont posted:

At least in the (small) metro system in my town, they just have one track on each side of the platforms, one for one direction and one for the opposite. Turnaround loop at each end of the line. Kind of wish they would let people ride during the turnaround, but they make everyone get off of the trains.

what's it like living at the kiddie ride section of an amusement park