Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

That's entirely normal and fine.... unless she's writing Bakugo/Uraraka fanfiction..... :argh:

To quote, "ew." Then she went on for two minutes about the ships she prefers and I had no clue what she was saying.

Is...is this what getting old and out of touch feels like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The only thing I know about Boku No Hero Academia is that you have to be very careful googling it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CobiWann posted:

To quote, "ew." Then she went on for two minutes about the ships she prefers and I had no clue what she was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MrDalekEmperor/status/1034178574440431616

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, I gotta admit I'd never heard of him before this but I absolutely love that design. Judging by that picture he wasn't all that old either?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I am so loving pumped.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
73. Son of the guy who played Charles Summer in The War Machines, for a bonus fact

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/StuartHumphryes/status/1034157406111129600

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" is science fiction's Wilhelm scream. Discuss.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man, I gotta admit I'd never heard of him before this but I absolutely love that design. Judging by that picture he wasn't all that old either?

Heck, judging by that pic, he could easily have played The Doctor.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CobiWann posted:

"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" is science fiction's Wilhelm scream. Discuss.

I think the Wilhelm Scream is sci-fi's Wilhelm Scream.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

73. Son of the guy who played Charles Summer in The War Machines, for a bonus fact

Oh wow, that's pretty awesome. Also 73 isn't a bad age but that's still too young :(

Gimme a new reconstruction! Also THE AIRDATE

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Judging by that picture he was also Doctor Who IRL.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oh wtf all that work and fkn BEAKER wins the short story contest?!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I know this is babby's first DW trivia but finding out Zoe was/is Colin's agent was kind of a weird moment for me

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I love the story of David Tennant calling Wendy Padbury's agency when he was starting out and looking for representation, and when he realised who he was talking to he went all OH MY GOD YOURE ZOE FROM DOCTOR WHO :byodood: and she just hung up on him :laugh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I know this is babby's first DW trivia but finding out Zoe was/is Colin's agent was kind of a weird moment for me

Janet Fielding becoming an agent and her first phone call was "We'd like to talk about hiring Paul McGann to star in a Doctor Who movie."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also the first job Janet Fielding got for anybody (I think) as an Agent was Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor? And after she took the call she hung up and shouted,"Can't I ever get away from this loving show?" :haw:

Edit: Beaten

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm worried about the 18 people that read enough of that review to be able to say "yes, I found that helpful".

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I got as far as Zagraius and the start of the Divergent universe before I hit the end of what's free on Spotify from main range. Now I have to pay money and I'm extremely cheap :sigh:

At least I still have Master and Davros left! I skipped Flip Flop though, just from what little I've heard I feel like my brain would eat itself trying to get to the end of both discs.

A post for way back but thanks for this, I never knew some of them were free on spotify. I haven't listened to them in ages.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Okay, okay, calm down Gareth Roberts.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Starting to feel like the release date must be trapped in Mugabe's vault

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Always amusing when you see Moffat of all people (with all his various foibles) accused of being the perpetrator of an SJW gay feminist agenda.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CobiWann posted:

No... It's the children who are wrong.

Actually, THIS is what being out of touch looks like.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

This is...something, alright :catstare:

Great gif. :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People constantly harp on about how uniquely GRITTY and VIOLENT the Tom Baker era was and seem to deliberately ignore how much humour there was in a lot of those scripts.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The office website just posted a very glowing appreciation of Pickwoad by Moffat
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1034454534897238017

quote:

If Doctor Who had been a designer, instead of a rebel Time Lord, she’d have been Michael Pickwoad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, he did Withnail & I and The Krays. That's an interesting fact and a couple of pretty cool achievements.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Matt’s been cast in Episode IX. :tviv:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

TinTower posted:

The second Doctor Who x Star Wars crossover after the original trilogy!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TinTower posted:

Well, that ups my incentive to try to see it right away upon release.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I will admit I was more excited at my immediate assumption that this was spoiler about the 9th episode of the next season but still, hooray!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The second Doctor Who x Star Wars crossover after the original trilogy!

Richard E Grant, Tosin Cole...?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Richard E Grant, Tosin Cole...?

The only two The Doctor x Star Wars crossovers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Peter Cushing
David Tennant
TOM
Matt Smith

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
David Prowse has a role in the Time Monster, where he speaks a similar amount as in his appearance as Darth Vader

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
what if Matt Smith is ALSO playing the Bendu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

what if Matt Smith is ALSO playing the Bendu