Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

where i'm from everyone knows that one guy who accidentally drank from the spit bottle once.

the only poeple who chaw are scumbags and WW2 vets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i'll support that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he absolutely paid for that plug

they even have paid product placement in novels these days

dude isn't funny or charismatic enough to be asked for a cameo, a guarantee he paid for every single mention or cameo he's ever had

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

for real though I'm such a loving nerd I have multiple pete seeger vinyl records and listen to them

this sounds awesome though, not nerdy

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Endless Mike posted:

it's not like he's not used to paying for plugs

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

a really dumb bartender once crushed up a lozenge to powder and took it as a rail which ended with him running out the back screaming with blood pouring down his nose

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

a really dumb bartender once crushed up a lozenge to powder and took it as a rail which ended with him running out the back screaming with blood pouring down his nose

ahahahahaaha

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

you know what your sinus cavity really loves? powdered menthol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
[RESISTS URGE TO POST ABOUT THE MOST PAINFUL THINGS TO RAIL]

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

[RESISTS URGE TO POST ABOUT THE MOST PAINFUL THINGS TO RAIL]

elon musk thinks he did acid but it was probably weird garbage a chinese person whipped up in a barn

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol

idunno real lsd and 1p-lsd is everywhere now

the idea of the muskrat blasting bromo-dragonfly and losing his hands like the children in his parents emerald mine is pretty great though

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

are you roleplaying a moonshiner from the 20s or are there legitimately still places that call it "chawing" instead of dipping

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

lol

idunno real lsd and 1p-lsd is everywhere now

the idea of the muskrat blasting bromo-dragonfly and losing his hands like the children in his parents emerald mine is pretty great though

dude can't even manage his day to day you think he can get real acid? grimes probably just gave him a torn off piece of a post it note

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

are you roleplaying a moonshiner from the 20s or are there legitimately still places that call it "chawing" instead of dipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFSAc3E1hWc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9GzQ7331w

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pham Nuwen posted:

he's just a retarded canadian

anyone that works in construction or hunts is likely to dip

i saw it a lot at the chemical plant too, it's extremely common in the south

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

sounds like a challenge

seriously this: don’t gently caress around with nicotine. when people who have used it a ton are telling you to stay the gently caress away we’re not kidding. don’t touch that poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i liked the videos that smoka posted a few months back about that loving insane redneck musician who's also very talented.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

i liked the videos that smoka posted

ew

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i'm gonna give them about a 35% success rate with me. just bein' real here.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

you're a fed-rear end narc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also it's super rude to call people retarded

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

where i'm from everyone knows that one guy who accidentally drank from the spit bottle once.

it's me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rex-Goliath posted:

seriously this: don’t gently caress around with nicotine. when people who have used it a ton are telling you to stay the gently caress away we’re not kidding. don’t touch that poo poo

nah nicotine is cool and makes you look and feel cool

it's really easy to quit, certainly not harder than, say, heroin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thank you for your service.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

i found cigarettes pretty easy to quit so i may be a poor sample but i've also tried cigars, cigarillos, and pipes and none of them felt as habitual as cigarettes became for me. maybe because you're not supposed to inhale them. so if you want to gently caress with nicotine maybe try that? an added bonus is that if you try to smoke a pipe you'll presumably have the good sense never to be seen in public smoking it, so that should cut down on your opportunities for addiction somewhat.

but obviously only do this if you're trying to be a drug completionist and it's a choice between like nicotine or chinese research chemicals

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
a true gentleman ingests his nicotine from a tobacco bong

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

narccccc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1033543361787977728

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

look, your posting is like some home school poo poo where your parents never let you play doom or watch PG-13 movies

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:ughh:

sometimes the internet makes me feel very tired.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pham Nuwen posted:

i found cigarettes pretty easy to quit so i may be a poor sample but i've also tried cigars, cigarillos, and pipes and none of them felt as habitual as cigarettes became for me. maybe because you're not supposed to inhale them. so if you want to gently caress with nicotine maybe try that? an added bonus is that if you try to smoke a pipe you'll presumably have the good sense never to be seen in public smoking it, so that should cut down on your opportunities for addiction somewhat.

but obviously only do this if you're trying to be a drug completionist and it's a choice between like nicotine or chinese research chemicals

nicotine is more dangerous than the research chemicals, unless you get carfentanyl or fentanyl and gently caress up dosing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

sometimes the internet makes me feel very tired.

only rich people are allowed to use the internet

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:thunk:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

"if i accuse someone of a crime and they don't sue me, that proves my accusation was true" wow this is the sort of brain genius logic that makes musk the smartest man on the world

i mean that is a sort of valid strategy if your goal is to force public opinion

e.g. what happened to jian ghomeshi, canadian celebrity radio host and notoriously violent sex creep. he wasn't convicted in criminal court because there wasn't enough evidence for the jury to eliminate all reasonable doubt. but like the day after he was acquitted, the prosecution's lawyer published in the newspaper a statement from one of his victims explaining in great detail everything he had done to her. he could either respond to that by suing for libel, but as a civil case the burden of proof is lower and you don't need a unanimous jury, so it's far more likely that he'd lose; or he could just make no comment on the claims, and the public would draw the obvious conclusion. he chose the latter and, as expected, everyone in canada except the jordan petersons are now sure that jian is rapist. the lawyer was a real smart lady imo.

anyway one thing that elon does understand quite well is how to be the center of attention and get legions of fans on his side

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lonoxmont posted:

At least in the (small) metro system in my town, they just have one track on each side of the platforms, one for one direction and one for the opposite. Turnaround loop at each end of the line. Kind of wish they would let people ride during the turnaround, but they make everyone get off of the trains. I guess it has to do with a noise thing? It is pretty noisy from what echoes out of the tunnel.

That's a ski lift

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bob dobbs is dead posted:

nicotine is more dangerous than the research chemicals, unless you get carfentanyl or fentanyl and gently caress up dosing

you mean the chemicals that they're performing research on? yeah we know exactly how dangerous those are

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

https://i.imgur.com/M02sWuz.jpg

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you mean the chemicals that they're performing research on? yeah we know exactly how dangerous those are

risk of being hosed vs. 100% knowledge that you're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elon's digging a hole faster than his stock price