Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I want a track of my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

The Maine DOT decided my car needed more black.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
How did that happen?

Leave it on behind the rear wheels for instant dragstrip cred.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
Just tell people you converted it to AWD and have so much horsepower you can't stop roasting the tires.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
At least the underside will never rust. Might forever smell like you hosed a railroad tie in the backseat, but it'll never rust.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love it!

Kinda makes me wanna drive through paint.

This thing still makes me go daaaaaaaaaamn all the time.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Dagen H posted:

How did that happen?

Leave it on behind the rear wheels for instant dragstrip cred.

A road i drive on to get to work in ME has been getting paved. They paved the travel lanes first and did the shoulder separately last night. Maybe it was to save money I think they just tarred over the old asphalt. They must have done it about an hour or two before I went through at rush hour. I was wondering why just the side of the road was wet. No cones or signs.

I took this near where it must have happened. You can see the difference in the shoulder.

It was only the passenger side, I didn't even notice until after I got out of work. I was pissed but some WD-40 took care of it.

Powershift posted:

I love it!

I've been hemming and hawing over selling my '71 LTD for the last four years. I drive it once a year but whenever I see it or do drive it I want to keep it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SFH1989 posted:

A road i drive on to get to work in ME has been getting paved. They paved the travel lanes first and did the shoulder separately last night. Maybe it was to save money I think they just tarred over the old asphalt. They must have done it about an hour or two before I went through at rush hour. I was wondering why just the side of the road was wet. No cones or signs.

I took this near where it must have happened. You can see the difference in the shoulder.

It was only the passenger side, I didn't even notice until after I got out of work. I was pissed but some WD-40 took care of it.

I've been hemming and hawing over selling my '71 LTD for the last four years. I drive it once a year but whenever I see it or do drive it I want to keep it.

Don't. Every time you post about some stupid modern car you have now, I think "oh no, he didn't get rid of the LTD, did he?"

You can always get another modern whatever, but you'll never get that car back if you change your mind after selling it.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Before I moved three years ago it was close to getting sold. The first time I went to go to a car show with a for sale sign the distributor died. By the time we figured out what was wrong and got the distributor back from MSD there was no time to do anything. At this point I would want more than it's worth to feel good about letting it go. I've never sold a car in 13 years or driving but my '11 Fiesta is for sale.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'll post some more pictures of my Stinger GT2 after this weekend (I'm driving it up Vancouver Island) now that I'm several months into ownership, but this just arrived out of the blue in my mailbox. I was wondering what in the world Kia had just sent me (it was a brown box with a Kia service center return address) and opened it up and...

Huh.

That's nice of them.

From looking around online they appear to be harman/kardon re-branded JBL DUET NC headphones, which retail for $250. Not too bad. Sound good, too.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Big old image dump coming as I’m on a road trip around Germany and Switzerland again and having a great time and seeing lots of cool things.

Like fairy tale towns.

Fairy tale castles.

Stopping off on the Deutsche Alpenstrasse to view the river Isar.

Or stopping off on the Sylvensteinsee Dam.

The gorgeous Lake Kongisee is just down the road.

I’d post the incredible view from my balcony but Imgur is making GBS threads the bed and internet speeds are awful.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Big old image dump coming as I’m on a road trip around Germany and Switzerland again and having a great time and seeing lots of cool things.

Man I miss Germany so much. We had to cancel our one year anniversary honeymoon due some life BS but I need to get back over there.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kenshin posted:

I'll post some more pictures of my Stinger GT2 after this weekend (I'm driving it up Vancouver Island) now that I'm several months into ownership, but this just arrived out of the blue in my mailbox. I was wondering what in the world Kia had just sent me (it was a brown box with a Kia service center return address) and opened it up and...

Huh.

That's nice of them.

From looking around online they appear to be harman/kardon re-branded JBL DUET NC headphones, which retail for $250. Not too bad. Sound good, too.

I enjoyed mine although I doubt I'll use them too often. The universe somehow didn't want me to have too many headphones at once because they arrived last Friday and Saturday I put my earbuds through the wash in a pants pocket.

FYI If you got your Stinger early enough they should also be sending you a coffee table photo book that's mostly just nice prints of all the publicity photos they used in brochures and stuff. I don't believe they've started shipping them out yet. My yellow one goes in Sept 10 for probably a month to get the respray. Hoping all goes well.

Goons who own Stingers: davebo, Kenshin, KillHour, who else?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

I love it!

To me, those wide-rear end fenders with the wheels sunk in like that just BEG for some fat-rear end meats in there. Like the river jump Mark III IV. Something with a deeeeeeeeep dish.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

To me, those wide-rear end fenders with the wheels sunk in like that just BEG for some fat-rear end meats in there. Like the river jump Mark III IV. Something with a deeeeeeeeep dish.

I found a set of 15x15 centerlines but the guy raised the price from $400 to $500 and now to $600 :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Just want to say that I loving love the Stinger and y'all should post more pics of your rad rear end sedans.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

I found a set of 15x15 centerlines but the guy raised the price from $400 to $500 and now to $600 :(

Huh. He must live in backwards-ville. The usual response to a thing not selling it to lower the price.
Other than that, those would be perfect. I'm going to guess they were intended for a 4x4, if it's a set of 4.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

Just want to say that I loving love the Stinger and y'all should post more pics of your rad rear end sedans.

I wish I could afford to buy one to reward Kia for actually building it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Darchangel posted:

I wish I could afford to buy one to reward Kia for actually building it.

:same:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

davebo posted:

I enjoyed mine although I doubt I'll use them too often. The universe somehow didn't want me to have too many headphones at once because they arrived last Friday and Saturday I put my earbuds through the wash in a pants pocket.

FYI If you got your Stinger early enough they should also be sending you a coffee table photo book that's mostly just nice prints of all the publicity photos they used in brochures and stuff. I don't believe they've started shipping them out yet. My yellow one goes in Sept 10 for probably a month to get the respray. Hoping all goes well.

Goons who own Stingers: davebo, Kenshin, KillHour, who else?

Respray? Your poo poo all hosed up?

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Darchangel posted:

Some black Crager D-windows on it would look good.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Respray? Your poo poo all hosed up?

He got one of the bad yellow ones :(

https://www.motor1.com/news/252396/kia-stinger-sunset-yellow-paint/

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Yeah they tell me the paint was messed up and not properly bound to the metal bits, so easily prone to chipping. Mine still looks perfect but others have had problems. No biggie, I'll drive an Optima loaner for a month then take the $5k back they're giving for the inconvenience. Then get a ceramic coat just to be safe.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

They're giving you $5k, a loaner, and respraying the car?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. Nice that they're being generous and making it right.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

angryrobots posted:

They're giving you $5k, a loaner, and respraying the car?

Yes, all this after they finally made the practical sporty affordable sedan enthusiasts have been clamoring for for years. Kia is cool and good.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Wow I had no idea the yellow ones were that rare, there is one in my tiny-rear end little town. I stare at it longingly whenever I see it.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Just bought it so the License tags are irrelevant.
New to me, 2000 Acura CL 3.0l. The great news? Only 100,000 original miles. First time owning that VTEC power in my life. Nice leather interior, great sound system, heated seats, power everything, ice cold a/c., new tires. Feeling like I did pretty good for myself.
I could do without the retina-burning laser red paint, but meh, what are ya gonna do.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 1, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dem guns though.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I wish more cars burned my retinas. So sick of all the white/grey/silver/black out there. A few days ago I was right behind an orange lexus 350. I kept hoping the red audi in the other lane would merge in front of us, then some green and blue cars notice and get behind us so we could be a rolling gay pride rainbow.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dennis McClaren posted:

Just bought it so the License tags are irrelevant.
New to me, 2000 Acura CL 3.0l. The great news? Only 100,000 original miles. First time owning that VTEC power in my life. Nice leather interior, great sound system, heated seats, power everything, ice cold a/c., new tires. Feeling like I did pretty good for myself.
I could do without the retina-burning laser red paint, but meh, what are ya gonna do.

how many times has the transmission been replaced on it :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My car was filthy after driving through the British Columbia interior.

About $15 in quarters later....

It may be boring old silver, but I still love this car like the day I bought it. It always gets me where I need to go.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

BraveUlysses posted:

how many times has the transmission been replaced on it :v:

For real right. I was well read on the subject before I bought. I got it at a steal price, so I was willing to roll the dice.
But after driving it all day in various conditions, it hasn't given me any cause to worry. Shifts clean and smooth like a dream.
The plan is to just do a trans fluid change with every oil change. Hopefully it can stay in the shape it's in.

Very clean hatchback above.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Charles posted:

My car was filthy after driving through the British Columbia interior.

About $15 in quarters later....

It may be boring old silver, but I still love this car like the day I bought it. It always gets me where I need to go.

Are those 17" steelies? Look much bigger than the 16's I used to run in winter on my MS3

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

Are those 17" steelies? Look much bigger than the 16's I used to run in winter on my MS3

Yeah. I had 17x8 RPF1s on before but I didn't want to bend another wheel on unpaved roads. Also parking with wheels that made the car 3" wider than stock was really annoying when parking in Seattle.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Man I miss Germany so much. We had to cancel our one year anniversary honeymoon due some life BS but I need to get back over there.

It’s arguably my favourite holiday destination, particularly Bavaria. Good sights, good beer, the best roads in Europe and not particularly expensive.

So when we rocked up the view from our balcony was this. If you look at the peak on the left you can see the Eagles Nest.

Which led to some pretty gorgeous sights on Lake Königssee.

Next morning however the clouds started rolling in.

Which meant some pretty atmospheric sights back at Lake Königssee while we did some shopping.

Unfortunately the cloud cover rolled in completely and didn’t go for the rest of our time there so our plans to visit the Eagles Nest were scuppered yet again.

All the rain gave my other half the perfect excuse to “get the car warmed up”.

I’m now at the top of a mountain in Damuls Austria and it’s actually pretty nice up here.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

This picture really reminded me of ricers posing in front of their cars in the 2000s.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Larrymer posted:

This picture really reminded me of ricers posing in front of their cars in the 2000s.

Icy Hot Stuntaz

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LeeMajors posted:

Icy Hot Stuntaz

Oh hell yeah

Someone has uploaded all their photos in a Imgur gallery: