Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Good start for Gray so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

DaStampede posted:

Good start for Gray so far

Way to jinx it.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

7 strike outs in 6 innings. I'm good with that jinx.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Beat the Orioles. Weird.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
5 out on the loss side..

Edit: There are people here who wanted to trade Andujar...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 27, 2018

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Luke Voit was the sparkplug we needed!

But seriously I can't hate a guy that does the Sosa hop on home runs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Troxartas posted:

Luke Voit was the sparkplug we needed!

But seriously I can't hate a guy that does the Sosa hop on home runs

Every team needs a husky lad, it was a glaring weakness of the roster for a while now.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
This season is crazy. we can pass them if we play well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's good to see the team finally beating the teams they should beat.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Edit: There are people here who wanted to trade Andujar...

Still do! But he still sucks on defense, and he's been way hotter in the second half.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

It makes me sad that Shane Robinson is still on this team. It makes me more sad that he gets so much playing time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

It makes me sad that Shane Robinson is still on this team. It makes me more sad that he gets so much playing time.

It's unbelievable the number of AAA players they are starting every night in a pennant race. Cashman could've filled some of these holes...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Torres being a 30 homer guy at his peak seems like a cool and good thing that'll happen

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Engel is a piece of poo poo.

Turns out that when you try to win big games with multiple players in your lineup who aren't major league hitters, those guys come up in big spots and cost you games. Who would've thunk it...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 28, 2018

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

mcmagic posted:

Engel is a piece of poo poo.

I was climbing, is this an actual "Engel is an rear end" thing where I need to be sad or did he rob another dinger?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pancakes posted:

I was climbing, is this an actual "Engel is an rear end" thing where I need to be sad or did he rob another dinger?

Dirty takeout slide of Torres at second. They should bean him.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

mcmagic posted:

Dirty takeout slide of Torres at second. They should bean him.

There's no video on Gameday so absent any evidence to the contrary I'll assume my beautiful home run-robbing son with the creepy circus walk-up music was just moving faster than his teeny frame could stop and is now sorry if he scared you.

E: Careful what you wish for, E1 nailing him in the rear end on the pickoff attempt.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 28, 2018

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Im really glad I tuned in just in time for the 1st and 2nd, no out rally with higeshioka and torreyes due up next.

Are any of the injured guys coming back any time soon or is this it for the foreseeable future?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Iodised QQ posted:

Im really glad I tuned in just in time for the 1st and 2nd, no out rally with higeshioka and torreyes due up next.

Are any of the injured guys coming back any time soon or is this it for the foreseeable future?

Gary went 2-4 with a single and HR in a rehab appearance tonight.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You don't get a consistent effort from this team every night. That's why they keep embarrassing themselves vs the dregs of baseball over and over.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Iodised QQ posted:

I’m a little worried about Judge. He is still experiencing pain in his hand, so he hasn’t even started swinging a bat yet. The minor league seasons are pretty much done, too, so he’ll have to rehab in simulated games (or up in the majors). He probably won’t be 100% for the playoffs.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mcmagic posted:

You don't get a consistent effort from this team every night. That's why they keep embarrassing themselves vs the dregs of baseball over and over.

did u ever think it's because they're missing a third of the lineup and are playing AAA bats to keep the flexibility alive

like seriously the team is 15-11 this month, and 16-6 since the five game losing streak, give it a rest already

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

did u ever think it's because they're missing a third of the lineup and are playing AAA bats to keep the flexibility alive

like seriously the team is 15-11 this month, and 16-6 since the five game losing streak, give it a rest already

No they are the worst team in baseball, a good baseball team goes 162-0 and if the yankees dont go undefeated then the team is an unmitigated failure.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Judge should be back around September 11 (never forget) and Gary and Didi are back next week. This team is going to be fine and healthy in time for the playoffs, which is all that matters.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Judge should be back around September 11 (never forget) and Gary and Didi are back next week. This team is going to be fine and healthy in time for the playoffs, which is all that matters.

I'm not taking any Judge return dates seriously until he's at least taking BP.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm not taking any Judge return dates seriously until he's at least taking BP.

Worst case he just hits one-handed and the ball only goes 405 feet instead of 450.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

They were 5 back yesterday and had at least a longshot chance of catching Boston and not having to play the WC game...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Congratulations to mcmagic for being the first poster I have ever put on ignore in my 11 year SA career.

:byewhore:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RCarr posted:

Congratulations to mcmagic for being the first poster I have ever put on ignore in my 11 year SA career.

:byewhore:

This post is as good as Greg Bird this season.

Getting knocked around the park by a bottom 3 lineup in baseball while getting 1 hit by a pitcher who has been TERRIBLE all season. Blocking me won't change any of that...

Andujar is the only yankee with a pulse as usual these days.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 29, 2018

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Hicks' lefthanded swing looks so much like Barrold's, it's kinda uncanny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good win tonight. Keep the pressure on Boston at least.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mcmagic posted:

Your relentless positivity is exhausting, mcmagic!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Actually they only won by one against a bad team, it was an abject failure and the whole team should be fired

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Paul Zuvella posted:

Actually they only won by one against a bad team, it was an abject failure and the whole team should be fired

Fired into the sun.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god its contagious

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/mike-francesas-app-is-going-to-cost-8-99-per-month-for-some-stupid-reason.html

ahaha what the gently caress

mike francessa does this poo poo for free on the radio

what in the world

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monkey Wrangler posted:

Hicks' lefthanded swing looks so much like Barrold's, it's kinda uncanny.

His bat drops give me life.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Monday_ posted:

Fired into the sun.

:yeah:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

ZenVulgarity posted:

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/mike-francesas-app-is-going-to-cost-8-99-per-month-for-some-stupid-reason.html

ahaha what the gently caress

mike francessa does this poo poo for free on the radio

what in the world

I just gotta have those Hot Takes™ at my fingertips 24/7 bro. You can't put a price on that.

Betting subscriptions will be subsidized / bundled by other parties and no user will ever pay near that. Because actually expecting people to pay that..... wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I just gotta have those Hot Takes™ at my fingertips 24/7 bro. You can't put a price on that.

Betting subscriptions will be subsidized / bundled by other parties and no user will ever pay near that. Because actually expecting people to pay that..... wow.

Nope. It's not lumped. You actually have to give your credit card and it's charged 9 bucks a month.

• Locked thread