Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mouse Dresser posted:

My husband and I eloped to New York City and had a small city hall ceremony with an intimate dinner with a few friends. :shrug: Members of his family and mine are still upset we didn't go into debt to buy them booze and dinner.

That's my plan in the increasingly slim chance that I ever get married, except the dinner might just be doing shots at a dive bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My fiance and I are doing a small destination thing in Skye, and we both keep getting pressured by our families to invite more people. Like, no, this poo poo is already costing a lot and the fact we're doing it at all instead of eloping is just a courtesy to our immediate families anyway. The problem is all our extended family can all afford to go so they might do it if we let that foot in the door. Weddings are a pain and dammit we're trying to keep it small and simple.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

gey muckle mowser posted:

there isn't a :stonk: big enough for this

I remember when Hoarders was originally airing those episodes and that one really stood out even amongst all the other gross houses. Like, there was another house that had multiple dead desiccated cats buried under newspapers and that seemed like a paradise compared to what this woman was living in. She really should've been institutionalized, the mental illness is obviously preventing her from doing the basic maintenance functions of life.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

shelley posted:

That’s a blog that belongs to a diabetic person, which has embedded the dumb post about how diabetes is a fake idea, in order to make fun of the dumb post :geno:

fuckin new fangled websites

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

fuckin new fangled websites

yeah, tumblr is basically held together with duct tape and chewed gum, it’s amazing that the website functions at all

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Iron Crowned posted:

That's my plan in the increasingly slim chance that I ever get married, except the dinner might just be doing shots at a dive bar.

:ssh: We did that too

ReidRansom posted:

My fiance and I are doing a small destination thing in Skye, and we both keep getting pressured by our families to invite more people. Like, no, this poo poo is already costing a lot and the fact we're doing it at all instead of eloping is just a courtesy to our immediate families anyway. The problem is all our extended family can all afford to go so they might do it if we let that foot in the door. Weddings are a pain and dammit we're trying to keep it small and simple.

I don't understand why people are so gung-ho to attend weddings. Going to weddings kinda sucks. Yeah there's food and booze (usually), but you've got to get dressed up and spend the whole evening talking to people you either don't know or don't really like all that much. Why the hell do they care about attending?

Mouse Dresser has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Aug 28, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Basebf555 posted:

I remember when Hoarders was originally airing those episodes and that one really stood out even amongst all the other gross houses. Like, there was another house that had multiple dead desiccated cats buried under newspapers and that seemed like a paradise compared to what this woman was living in. She really should've been institutionalized, the mental illness is obviously preventing her from doing the basic maintenance functions of life.

I love how the family member or friend is like "She's doing this because she's lazy" as if hoarding your excrement were somehow easier than using a toilet.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Mouse Dresser posted:

:ssh: We did that too

I don't understand why people are so gung-ho to attend weddings. Going to weddings kinda sucks. Yeah there's food and booze (usually), but you've got to get dressed up and spend the whole evening talking to people you either don't know or don't really like all that much. Why the hell do they care about attending?

Dang man, most weddings i've been to has been a grade A party full of my favorite people. But no one made me fly to another country, so

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

text me a vag pic posted:

Dang man, most weddings i've been to has been a grade A party full of my favorite people. But no one made me fly to another country, so

I am also a misanthrope, and come from a family of trashy people. So my family's weddings are a lovely experience that I'm already predisposed to hate.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

I love how the family member or friend is like "She's doing this because she's lazy" as if hoarding your excrement were somehow easier than using a toilet.

They were just in denial, they even used the word "hope".

The amount of effort involved in draining her poop buckets probably clued them in before she admitted to finding emotional comfort in eating fecally-contaminated food to remind her of her hoarder mother.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

shelley posted:

yeah, tumblr is basically held together with duct tape and chewed gum, it’s amazing that the website functions at all

That describes literally every website. It's baffling that the internet works at all. Really the whole thing is constantly on fire all the time.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'll absolutely believe that wedding story. People turn into utter children when it comes to weddings.

shelley posted:

I've been using tumblr for like, eight years, and woo-ee, there have been some incredible bugs on that site. My favourite one was the one where every quoted text became extra-large and would spill over into the margins. I don't think the developers test their code before launching it, but it's gotten a lot better.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Weldon Pemberton posted:

They were just in denial, they even used the word "hope".

The amount of effort involved in draining her poop buckets probably clued them in before she admitted to finding emotional comfort in eating fecally-contaminated food to remind her of her hoarder mother.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I watched the whole episode afterwards and it was all really sad.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

cash crab posted:

I've been using tumblr for like, eight years, and woo-ee, there have been some incredible bugs on that site. My favourite one was the one where every quoted text became extra-large and would spill over into the margins. I don't think the developers test their code before launching it, but it's gotten a lot better.

Way back in the day, Tumblr conversations were displayed as quote ziggurats, so text would inevitably get mangled as more and more quotes accumulated. Relatively recently, it was sort of unfucked, and posts now appear attached to and below each other, more like traditional forums.

For a long time, if someone created a text post, later rebloggers could edit the text. Like that one SA poster who everyone could edit his posts.

I do not envy the Tumblr developers. It’s less broken now than it used to be, but maaaan.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, yeah. They got rid of that function once someone edited one of John Green's posts to this:

"fishingboatproceeds" posted:

Cock is one of my favorite tastes. Not only that, but balls smell amazing. It makes me go a little crazy on it to be honest. Like, I cannot get it far enough down my throat to be satisfied. I’m only satisfied when I feel those intense, powerful, salty, hot pumps of cum down my throat. When I sit back on my heels, look up at you with cum all over my mouth and slobber running down my neck, hair all hosed up and wipe my mouth with the back of my arm and ask you if I did a good job and you cannot even speak because I’ve drained all of your energy out the tip of your dick….. That’s when I’m satisfied.

G-d bless whoever did that

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

I'll absolutely believe that wedding story. People turn into utter children when it comes to weddings.

An ex-friend of ours tried to steal $800 from us because his harpy of a fiance wanted to get married before we did.

We're getting married in a field with a bunch of dirty hippies, our parents, a bonfire and food. Probably some cows in the background.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

shelley posted:

Way back in the day, Tumblr conversations were displayed as quote ziggurats, so text would inevitably get mangled as more and more quotes accumulated. Relatively recently, it was sort of unfucked, and posts now appear attached to and below each other, more like traditional forums.

For a long time, if someone created a text post, later rebloggers could edit the text. Like that one SA poster who everyone could edit his posts.

I do not envy the Tumblr developers. It’s less broken now than it used to be, but maaaan.

so many social media sites have horrific code-bases that are just unfixable now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Here is some classic brand cringe

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1033786041684164610

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mouse Dresser posted:

I don't understand why people are so gung-ho to attend weddings. Why the hell do they care about attending?

If you're single, weddings are good place to hook up. And usually fun too so ...I dunno.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I can be your angle... Or yuor devil... :wink:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Is it bad that I just shake my head at these things now?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rudecyrus posted:

Is it bad that I just shake my head at these things now?

That one is practically goatse and tubgirl level hello old friend at this point

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It's not the one where the pony plushie has a Fleshlight in it and the guys into bondage with it. And posts a pic with his dick in the tied up blindfolded plush

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I don't understand how he's dating Chloe Bennett!!!

It makes me sad that he thinks that dinner is a fancy, special dinner. That pasta is orange.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HOW THE gently caress IS THAT YOUR loving WAIFU IF YOU HAVEN'T MARE-RRIED HERE YET YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH

MOTHERFUCKER

gently caress YOU

AAARGH

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Screaming Idiot posted:

HOW THE gently caress IS THAT YOUR loving WAIFU IF YOU HAVEN'T MARE-RRIED HERE YET YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH

MOTHERFUCKER

gently caress YOU

AAARGH

I'm sorry, but she's married now. You need to move on, there's plenty of plushies in the Wal-Mart.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

I'm sorry, but she's married now. You need to move on, there's plenty of plushies in the Wal-Mart.

SHE'S TOO GOOD FOR HIM

*sobs into a well-soiled Dr. Eggman plush doll*

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You're living up to your screen name today

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

He's just a loud boy and sometimes it be like that

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The descriptor "that fanny pack looks awesome" was uttered during this shoot

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

How do i get this dark souls amror??
I can only find this but it's got poor def

I'm grinding to get this one tho

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You should never have to grind in Dark Souls

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

text me a vag pic posted:

I'm grinding to get this one tho

That looks like it's made of six pack rings.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Heath posted:

Look at this guy who’s never fought 12,000 silver knights to 100% DS3.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Heath posted:

SHUT UP NERD

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I have that same shirt :negative:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Iron Crowned posted:

I have that same shirt :negative:

I LIKE YOUR SIDEBURNS

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I did. Then I went to the facebook page. I am intersted in their videos but I am afraid that if I hit play I will begin to poo poo and never stop making GBS threads and then drown in the poo poo.