Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The only two The Doctor x Star Wars crossovers.
Ahem, you're forgetting BRIIIAAAANNNN BLESSSSSSEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!. And Julian Glover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If he throws Simon Pegg in there we can get a Star Trek/Star Wars/Doctor Who scifi singularity.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Astroman posted:

If he throws Simon Pegg in there we can get a Star Trek/Star Wars/Doctor Who scifi singularity.

Pegg was in ep 7

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Michael Sheard was in "The Ark," "Pyramids of Mars," "The Invisible Enemy," "Castrovalva," and "Remembrance of the Daleks," but nobody thinks of him. :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

After The War posted:

Michael Sheard was in "The Ark," "Pyramids of Mars," "The Invisible Enemy," "Castrovalva," and "Remembrance of the Daleks," but nobody thinks of him. :smith:

He’s as clumsy as he is stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TinTower posted:

Matt’s been cast in Episode IX. :tviv:

That's awesome, hopefully it's more than just a minor background role. I actually think he'd be a pretty good First Order rear end in a top hat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Well REG won’t confirm/deny he’s Admiral Thrawn.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

The_Doctor posted:

Of course not, Richard E. Grant is Thrawn.

My money is on Matt Smith playing the Doctor in the most ambitious crossover event of all time.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Stick Smith in some alien prosthetics and really take advantage of that bizarre bone structure

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TL posted:

Of course not, Richard E. Grant is Thrawn.

That's pretty rude to poor Lars Mikkelsen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Thrawn being literally the only reason these dipshit First Order idiots have been able to achieve anything would be pretty hilarious.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Stick Smith in some alien prosthetics and really take advantage of that bizarre bone structure

"My god, they shaved that wookiee - oh, wait, no. That's just Swole Smith".

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Pegg was in ep 7

Yeah, but in the same movie would be bigger.

You could vaguely make the case that Greg Grunberg counts, though he was voice only in Star Trek. So if he were in this one...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've heard that Pegg will be back in IX.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Astroman posted:

You could vaguely make the case that Greg Grunberg counts, though he was voice only in Star Trek. So if he were in this one...

Greg Grunberg as a companion in the next series. Who's with me?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Astroman posted:

Grunberg definitely counts since he also had a small part in Beyond.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Marked off Liv Chenka on my Jonathan Creek Whowatching chart tonight :neckbeard:

Maybe by the time I'm through with this show we'll have the air date.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've never watched Jonathan Creek. Is it good?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never watched Jonathan Creek. Is it good?

I've been enjoying it so far. The chemistry between Alan Davies and Caroline Quentin is great (though I understand she leaves halfway through the show. Dunno how I'll feel about the idea of replacing her given the interplay of Jonathan and Maddy is kind of key to the show so far but I'm open to giving it a chance to move on and grow away from that, especially with Lucie Bleedin' Miller coming up later on) and it's fun trying to puzzle cases out as the characters learn more about them.

My impression from watching the first two series so far is that it's a fun, quirky mystery series that most fans of Doctor Who would probably find something to enjoy about it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Thrawn is dead, he died in Rebels.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

He’s not dead according to Dave Filoni.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
My favourite Jonathan Creek episode is the one about the alien that mysteriously disappears. Because it’s made of mercury.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that reminds me, I need to watch the back half of the last season. I dug the show but then it just suddenly went on hiatus mid-season for several months and then apparently came back and finished.

This is why Netflix is beating you up and taking your lunch money, basic cable :argh:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

TinTower posted:

My favourite Jonathan Creek episode is the one about the alien that mysteriously disappears. Because it’s made of mercury.

Black Canary is my forever favourite, largely due to the guest star

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

2house2fly posted:

Black Canary is my forever favourite, largely due to the guest star

Bilis Manger?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

Thrawn is dead, he died in Rebels.

What, Rebels will have anyone survive ANYTHING so long as they're not explicitly, totally and completely dead

How they never had Maul and Vader fight, I will NEVER understand

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/f6239164-b00e-48ea-824f-94ff6de67428

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/28/michael-pickwoad-obituary/

Really, really sad to hear Michael Pickwoad is dead. The guy was literally the Doctor, he knew everything about everything. Every time we did a period episode he'd just pull out a 200 year old book he had lying around and we'd use that for reference. He was full of mad, mad ideas. Best boss I've ever had. The only man in that room with any joy in him (me included) which is key to designing DW.

His favourite way of annoying me would be tell me to make it "The Rolls Royce of spaceships... not a DeLorean motorcar", and then he'd steal my cake.

echoplex fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 29, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

echoplex posted:

and then he'd steal my cake.

I'm reminded of one of the Doctor Who Confidentials

"David, I've got cake."
"Whoohoo!"

Really need to watch those again - they were a lot of fun

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Is there just a bunch of cake on the Doctor Who sets at all times?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

New Who fact: Jamie was a grave robber:

https://twitter.com/WhoFrazer/status/1034834007626788865

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rhyno posted:

Is there just a bunch of cake on the Doctor Who sets at all times?

There was during RTD’s tenure. Moffatt was a pudding man.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Finished up the Lady Christina box set today. Surprised at how much I enjoyed it. They really just ended up making a fun little set of stories without trying to make anything big or universal impacting. I also loved the through line of UNIT's Sam Bishop showing up to try to recapture all her stolen alien goodies.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They've reorganized the Wikipedia page of Big Finish's audio plays, and now you can find out how many main-line Doctor Who stories they've done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

How they never had Maul and Vader fight, I will NEVER understand

I assume that they were told they couldn't have that because they thought they might be able to pull it off in a Solo sequel (sorry if I spoiled that, but all indications are that everybody who was ever gonna see that film already did) which is probably not ever gonna happen now.

echoplex posted:

Every time we did a period episode he'd just pull out a 200 year old book he had lying around and we'd use that for reference.

Please tell me the title was,"200 YEAR DIARY" :allears:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Jerusalem posted:

I assume that they were told they couldn't have that because they thought they might be able to pull it off in a Solo sequel (sorry if I spoiled that, but all indications are that everybody who was ever gonna see that film already did) which is probably not ever gonna happen now.

Which is a pity because it was a pretty good heist style film.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Saw this fantastic bust of the 1st Doctor in the Met in NYC.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Abbot of Amboise?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Surely you mean Maximus Pettulian?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Please tell me the title was,"200 YEAR DIARY" :allears:

I don't know why

But I would have looked forward to the cartoon version of that fight more than a live action one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine if Jon Pertwee had played the Doctor later in the decade and his costume had been his Whodunnit? outfit:

• Locked thread