Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

is this real because my father is a flat-earth-truther and lately he's been telling me that jet fuel isn't real and planes are powered by compressed air.

Wow. That's a new take on Jet Fuel can't Melt Steel Beams.

How does one even come to the point where they'd need to be a Jet Fuel Truther?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

is this real because my father is a flat-earth-truther and lately he's been telling me that jet fuel isn't real and planes are powered by compressed air.

If jet fuel isn't real, how did those steel beams melt. I don't think he can answer that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, but compressed air can.

9/11 was caused by planes crashing into the towers, wake up sheeple

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hoverhands!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ultrafilter posted:

Hoverhands!

Batman's not really the hugging type

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Data Graham posted:

9/11 was caused by planes crashing into the towers, wake up sheeple

hosed up if true

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

porktree posted:

If jet fuel isn't real, how did those steel beams melt. I don't think he can answer that.

This is making my brain hurt

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Neito posted:

Wow. That's a new take on Jet Fuel can't Melt Steel Beams.

How does one even come to the point where they'd need to be a Jet Fuel Truther?

porktree posted:

Buddy, there are some rabbit holes you don't want to get to the bottom of.

I tried explaining to him how a jet turbine works but he keeps rejecting anything that "comes from a book" because "all science books are lies made by the illuminati." Somehow I got him to concede that a tiny bit of jet fuel is needed to start up the engine, but after that it's all compressed air :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
That's why jets fly so high, there's more air up there so it's easier to compress it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My new conspiracy theory is that distance is fake, things "far away" are just becoming smaller

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Watch him accidentally invent scramjets

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

zoux posted:

My new conspiracy theory is that distance is fake, things "far away" are just becoming smaller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Data Graham posted:

Watch him accidentally invent scramjets

I, honestly and quite literally, think Pulse Jets are "not real"

Air goes in, exhaust gasses come out the back. There's no compressor or impeller or turbine OR ANYTHING IT'S A loving STRAIGHT EMPTY TUBE :argh:

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Ak Gara posted:

I, honestly and quite literally, think Pulse Jets are "not real"

Air goes in, exhaust gasses come out the back. There's no compressor or impeller or turbine OR ANYTHING IT'S A loving STRAIGHT EMPTY TUBE :argh:

I can look at suspension bridges and see that they're obviously functioning but gently caress if I'm going to try to understand how they're not supported by heretical chaos magics.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
New conspiracy theory: things I don't understand aren't real.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I believe the dog-sitter.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

zoux posted:

You missed the best quote:

The unidentified dog-sitter — who Keller said he learned was showering in his house when he got home — told the news station she didn't have knowledge of "bodily fluids on the couch." She added she used the lubricant to remove her keys, which were stuck in her car.
"So I ended up grabbing what I had in my car, for things, that you know, I do on my personal time," the sitter said. "I didn't think to put it back in my car."

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Pookah posted:

New spin-off?

I would probably watch one. I’m not sure how comfortable I am with that, but it’s the truth.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Super Grocery Kart posted:

You missed the best quote:

The unidentified dog-sitter — who Keller said he learned was showering in his house when he got home — told the news station she didn't have knowledge of "bodily fluids on the couch." She added she used the lubricant to remove her keys, which were stuck in her car.
"So I ended up grabbing what I had in my car, for things, that you know, I do on my personal time," the sitter said. "I didn't think to put it back in my car."

And, you know, they just took their shirts off and filmed the whole thing because ???

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

He should've went with water, so he could claim that's why planes leave trails of vapor behind them.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

biracial bear for uncut posted:

He should've went with chemicals, so he could claim that's why planes leave chem-trails behind them.

FTFY

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Brewmaster posted:

For me it's microSD cards. Look how fuckin tiny they are! No way they're storing that much stuff without using magical extra folded dimensions or something.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

zoux posted:

hahaha they was fuckin

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

For me it's microSD cards. Look how fuckin tiny they are! No way they're storing that much stuff without using magical extra folded dimensions or something.

Every time I buy one, I pause for a second and think how much space (let alone money) this amount of data would've been on my C64.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bertrand Hustle posted:

And, you know, they just took their shirts off and filmed the whole thing because ???

She was in the shower (pet sitting is hard work) and has no knowledge of what the shirtless sweaty dudes were doing on their, you know, personal time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neito posted:

Every time I buy one, I pause for a second and think how much space (let alone money) this amount of data would've been on my C64.

Same!

floppy disks 160kilobytes or my first computer that had a hard drive (250MB!)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Same!

floppy disks 160kilobytes or my first computer that had a hard drive (250MB!)

I currently have 13 times the capacity of my first computer dedicated solely to pictures of very cute naked women.

Hell... I remember having to download this poo poo over my old 14.4 modem....

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The dudes are on call to rail her on camera in case she dog sits at a nice house

"I landed one in Beverly hills, get your asses over here and bring the lube!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I enjoyed this. Thank you for the wholesome start to my morning.

Thank you, I like when my posts get responses. I'm glad that cheered you up. I personally thought it was funny because the guy when through all that trouble just to hoverhand Batman.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Aliexpress does not seem to have a regurgitating wine spout in the shape of a cat, which is what would work for my household.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Brewmaster posted:

I've been told that gps is really ground based and that air travel is impossible in the southern hemisphere (of the flat earth). Somehow NASA is involved. Somehow NASA is always involved.

This person was once very compassionate and used to volunteer with new immigrants to the country to help them integrate. Since the internet hacked her brain it's all libertarianism, paranoia, and the drat browns ruining everything.

Anyway, here's s a funny pictures.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

hawowanlawow posted:

The dudes are on call to rail her on camera in case she dog sits at a nice house

"I landed one in Beverly hills, get your asses over here and bring the lube!"

Nothing gets past you!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Nothing gets past you!

settle down, Beavis

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bored posted:

Aliexpress does not seem to have a regurgitating wine spout in the shape of a cat, which is what would work for my household.

You can pour wine out of a gravy boat.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

New Leaf posted:

You can pour wine out of a gravy boat.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Trump-Aerator-Pourer/dp/B079PZTBW5/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Perfect for Mountain Dew.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Bored posted:

Not as cheap as AliExpress but here you go: http://www.menageriewinepourers.com/shop/new-menagerie-cat-pourer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

But it probably contains a little less cadmium