Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OGB posted:

I’m with Uncle Dave’s suggestion on today’s Observer - Neville surprise debuts at All In’s pre show, wins the Battle Royal, beats Lethal for the ROH Title, then we get Neville vs. Ospreay at DBD.

Would rule, and probably the hottest booking for ROH in ages.

Poor Flip.

Super No Vacancy posted:

neville is like five times the star of cobb

Going by Twitter followers. 30 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Is Toni okay?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy reporting on it said they threw up the X after the match, so this might just be an angle to protect Toni and/or build up Rhea.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
By the next taping Rhea Ripley will have injured everyone on the NXT UK roster

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
She's the new A-Train

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

Rhea Ripley defeated Dakota Kai to advance to the finals of the NXT UK Women's Title tournament. It'll be interesting to see if Toni advances. If she does, that will open up a huge can of worms if she also wins the UK Women's Title, as she'll have to work double duty, and I don't see Toni winning both the MYC and retaining the UK Women's Title.
Do you think they are actually going to defend the NXT UK Women's title on Evolution?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The official announcement said it will be.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If it's produced in the same way/length as other WWE PPVs, the drat show will be like 5 hours long including the pre-show, so they need as many title matches as possible or they'll have to actually think of storylines for the women.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Keep in mind that there will be over 50 women working the show. So I don't think filling a card out would be hard. I think the real problem would be the storyline aspect. WWE has proven that its pretty much incapable of writing a compelling storyline for the women when it doesn't involve the titles. As for the title defenses/major matches themselves, I think the majority of them have been set already, or we have a good idea of what they will be:

RAW Women's Title: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Nikki Bella

Smackdown Women's Title: Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch (although I have no idea who will be champ in this feud)

NXT Women's Title: Kairi Sane (c) vs Shayna Baszler

NXT UK Women's Title: Rhea Ripley (c) vs ???

Mae Young Classic Finals: Toni Storm vs Io Shirai

I feel like outside of the NXT Women's Title and Mae Young Classic finals, the card is going to be incredibly weak from a wrestling perspective. Charlotte vs Becky could be good, but it seems like their feud is going to start in Hell in a Cell and end as a normal match or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Evolution's gonna be a joke wrestling wise, but that Ronda/Nikki match is gonna be rehearsed to gently caress so it could be good. I dunno, Nikki was putting out decent matches with Natalya at the end of her run.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be a squash again, there’s no reason Nikki should be booked any stronger than... Carmella is.

Nikki and Brie are literally who the entire revolution thing was against.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 27, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nikki Bella sucks and all but honestly if you wanted to make the biggest mainstream appeal match you could with two women, that’s 100% the match to make.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
give me one last rack attack

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I saw the Bellas at a house show tonight and they look as good as they ever did for whatever that’s worth. Nikki getting the hot tag was the second biggest pop of the night behind Rollins too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MotU posted:

give me one last rack attack

She can’t do that anymore because her neck is so hosed up. That’s why she changed it to a TKO.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Evolution's gonna be a joke wrestling wise, but that Ronda/Nikki match is gonna be rehearsed to gently caress so it could be good. I dunno, Nikki was putting out decent matches with Natalya at the end of her run.

Expect liberal use of The Curve by fans
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1027512535266852864

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

She can’t do that anymore because her neck is so hosed up. That’s why she changed it to a TKO.

im fully aware of her medical issue im just saying that by some chance it wouldnt injure her, id legit unironically mark out for a final rack attack desperation move

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AT&T Center's advertising Reigns defending vs Braun and Ronda defending vs Alexa for HIAC

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That dastardly heel Braun Strowman, cashing in his title shot with only weeks of notice against three men. Why do people think WWE can't do babyfaces anymore? :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not really a spoiler if you are even remotely paying attention to the product but apparently a match being discussed for Evolution is Brie Bella vs Maryse.

Wow. This card is going to absolutely loving suck outside of the NXT Women's Title and MYC Finals.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Not really a spoiler if you are even remotely paying attention to the product but apparently a match being discussed for Evolution is Brie Bella vs Maryse.

Wow. This card is going to absolutely loving suck outside of the NXT Women's Title and MYC Finals.

Becky/Charlotte will be good if it happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw stuff from Fightful

- Graphics will run throughout the night for Shawn Michaels
- Sasha Banks vs. Dana Brooke
- IC Title: Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens
- B-Team vs. Revival
- Backstage segments with Corbin/Braun, another with Elias.
- Bella Twins vs. Riott Squad next week will be advertised, as well as B-Team vs. The Revival
- Natalya & Ronda Rousey interrupted by Alexa Bliss & Mickie James
- Natalya vs. Alicia Fox
- Bobby Lashley vs. The Ascension
- Dean Ambrose vs. Jinder Mahal. Set up by a backstage segment
- Elias will have his song interrupted.
- Roman Reigns & Braun Strowman vs. Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The NXT UK women's title match could be good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did hbk die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's going to be on Raw next week to hype up HHH/Taker again

so yeah

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is how I found out I'm blocked by Shawn Michaels.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Triple H has seemingly come through on his promise to sign Mia

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1034099041464926210

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw stuff from Fightful

you can tell this is a purposeful leak because they neglected to mention we'd be subject to another fuckin finn vs corbin match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They did, I just cut out the stuff that already happened at the time of my post because that's not technically a spoiler

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Things happening tonight on Smackdown:

- New Day kicks off tonight's show, interrupted by Booker T for a 5-Timers celebration

- The Good Brothers vs. The Bar vs. The Usos

- Paige talks to Rusev Day backstage

- Jeff Hardy cuts a promo, interrupted by Randy Orton

- Naomi vs. Billie Kay

- Shinsuke Nakamura will cut a selfie promo

- Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella are interrupted by Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina, which leads to Paige making Bryan vs. Almas immediately after

- AJ Styles will have an in-ring promo. He'll also have a parking lot segment with a security guard coming up to him.

- Smackdown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Carmella. There will be backstage segments that lead up to this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah, Becky gets to help Carmella beat up Charlotte onscreen instead of just on house shows

That tag division looking to be set up for great things

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In more significant news, Carmella gets to main event again so I get to hear Bryan Alvarez get REALLY mad again because Charlotte vs Carmella will be no good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rovert posted:

Triple H has seemingly come through on his promise to sign Mia

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1034099041464926210

That's great...though I hope she doesnt' get lost in the NXT/WWE shuffle.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

That's great...though I hope she doesnt' get lost in the NXT/WWE shuffle.

Unfortunately she doesn't have any of the qualities Vince and Dunn look for in pushing female talent

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Unfortunately she doesn't have any of the qualities Vince and Dunn look for in pushing female talent

? Her front loaded anvils are pretty big

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

? Her front loaded anvils are pretty big

POC, not blonde

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Edit: Didn't realize Mia's father was African-American

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Vince had to be convinced that people would find Gail Kim attractive because he thought no one was attracted to East Asian women

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

TTBF posted:

Vince had to be convinced that people would find Gail Kim attractive because he thought no one was attracted to East Asian women

Which in retrospect, makes the Mrs. Yamaguchi-San angle even weirder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Toni Storm had to vacate several titles and is going to be missing a decent number of shows going forward. What are the injury scoops, Rovert? I don't really see her missing Evolution, but it's still interesting she has an injury that is going to cause her to miss shows.