Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
The shield changes and hero/villain nodes in raids are a total pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Lol at them telling everyone to prep a Shield team for the wrong Ms Marvel

This coming City Flash explains why they took away all the Punisher farm choices too lol

At least we get Kamala, when's Squirrel Girl being added

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

HebrewMagic posted:

At least we get Kamala, when's Squirrel Girl being added

I am hoping that with Marvel Rising that we get Squirrel Girl. I guess I should start saving now, or just shell out the $500 it's going to take to 2* her at the rate thesw events are going.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Are you kidding me with this Shield node on the Scarlet Witch event?

Also I’m looking for an Alliance to join - any spots going?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

We’ve got room for one more in I Am Goon!

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

Retardog posted:

We’ve got room for one more in I Am Goon!

Thanks, applied, game name benkama

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
Is Iron Man worth me grinding a bunch of SHIELD dudes for? I think he's cool as a character, but I don't want to waste time in the game if I should be better spending my effort as a level 48ish right now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s good but don’t bother until you have a solid A team that you can farm shards for. Unless you wanna whale out on him anyways.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Ok but the real deal question is when is Magneto coming to town

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Somebody in the discord pointed out that blitz is on a 6 hour cool down again. Sure, why not?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cocomonk, I know you rarely use discord but there’s a pretty easy rule with regards to raids. You don’t jump over somebody in a lane if there are nodes available at the bottom.

You are in a lane with two other people already meaning you jumped two people at least.

You’re all good but please be aware of that. :)

Cocomonk3
Oct 21, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Cocomonk, I know you rarely use discord but there’s a pretty easy rule with regards to raids. You don’t jump over somebody in a lane if there are nodes available at the bottom.

You are in a lane with two other people already meaning you jumped two people at least.

You’re all good but please be aware of that. :)

Yeah, my bad. I check Discord every day or so, but I was looking at the wrong channel. Didn't really know how raids worked.

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
I need an alliance so I just applied to Marble Hebrons as Skorin. I'm only like level 44 baby account so I hope that's ok.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Blew a bunch of power cores to make sure I got Wanda. I'd rather have her at 2* than not at all.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I got SW to 3 star so my luck is gonna be shut for ms Marvel. That's how it was for ant man and wasp.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm waiting to see the exact nature of the beast regarding the Ms marvel farm but I'm ready for it to be absolute horseshit that I still go along with go get her regardless of is she's any good in game because she's a very good character

Where's my boy T hanos meta these days, wedge him between yondad and gamora in my raid crew and it's just endless energy

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Groot Squad could use a few good men. We dont mind new players, come on in.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I thought Thanos snapped Groot Squad out of existence, along with Great Lakes Goon Squad and Goon Registration Act

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah we need to merge the Groots into the other alive guilds.

Clan leaders, any room?

TheBeardedCrazy
Nov 23, 2004
Beer Baron

I've been in a public alliance for a while, I'm down to join up if you want to send me an invite. Username is the same, TheBeardedCrazy

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guys, ask in discord. That is where all the traffic is. :)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I swear they're loving around with Arena constantly.

I'll go 2 days in a row without dropping position and then all of a sudden find myself almost falling out of top 250. Climbing up means facing teams of 14k+ power

2 days after that I'm in the top 100 and surrounded by people in the 12-13k power range.

My Arena Defense team hasn't been powered at all during this time, as everything's been going towards my Vision and Mystic team

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Some comments on reddit seem to point to people thinking it was just increased participation to farm Mordo.

But I experienced the same thing - was consistently pushing top 50 and then fell back struggling to stay top 100.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

About 3 weeks ago I'm half certain my arena shard got merged with another one. I dropped ~30 places and saw a whole bunch of new names in my usual range in a 15 minute period. I seriously doubt that many people spontaneously whaled out at the same time.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
sent request to alliances, as Qbe. Any spots? I need another timesink at work

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

texting my ex posted:

sent request to alliances, as Qbe. Any spots? I need another timesink at work

We have some room in Groot Force.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

gypsyshred posted:

We have some room in Groot Force.

I don't see any guild named Groot Force?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

texting my ex posted:

I don't see any guild named Groot Force?

Groot Squad, my bad.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

gypsyshred posted:

Groot Squad, my bad.

thanks, applied as Qbe

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

gypsyshred posted:

Groot Squad, my bad.

Still room? It seems like Squirrel Power is virtually defunct and I doubt anyone has the time or inclination to save it from its death throes

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Catman's Shameful Secret has room as well

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Sanschel posted:

Still room? It seems like Squirrel Power is virtually defunct and I doubt anyone has the time or inclination to save it from its death throes

Five spots left, come on in.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

gypsyshred posted:

Five spots left, come on in.

Request sent as Sanschel

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really dislike how they require generics for events. Like I don't have the time or resources to level them and the named charaters.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I really dislike how they require generics for events. Like I don't have the time or resources to level them and the named charaters.

OTOH, Merc bodyguard, Lt, and Sniper are all A+ characters for blitz, especially with Korath and Bullseye. The rest are obnoxious, though.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Merc Riot Guard is a way way better tank than luke cage. Aim assaulter is a great attacker and has bleed on his basic. Kree cyborg self buffs with offense up and hits like a truck. And the shield team has insanely good synergy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I find that both Shield Trooper and security are obnoxious pains in the dick to fight, and Hand Sentry has pretty good utility as well.

But yeah, all the directions the game pulls you in can be annoying when you have a plan of attack for advancing your characters. My philosophy is that none of this poo poo is one time only, so don't stress, do what you want and acquire/level minions at your own pace.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess I'm just trained from other games that the generics aren't generally worth working on because the named characters will be better and have more flexibility.\

The bigger problem is that they'll spring on you what you need when the even launches, so you'll be flat footed. I've only bothered to level shield characters for Iron Man so I assumed i'd need them for Fury, nope Kree.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I like hand sorceress because she's a budget night nurse that does defense up and plays nicely with kingpin and captain America.

The real pain in the rear end are the minions within each faction that can't be reliably farmed, like Hydra Grenadier. No nodes, sometimes shows up for raid credits/funbux. If red skull is available with all hydra then we can all just ride our arena crossbones to halloween town, if not I hope you're already farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that's probably my biggest problem with forcing you to work with generics because a lot of them are locked behind orbs and such. How can I get a team 5* ravagers when only 2 of them are farmable?