Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
When freo got smashed by geelong the other week and everyone was up in arms saying how the fans should be demanding answers. I was telling people that most freo fans already realise their club has spent the majority of their history being a laughing stock. They don't care about the odd humiliation on the first cos the last 10 years have been the best the club has ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I see Dangerfield has his previous selection years on his AA jacket, I wonder if they give them a new jacket each time or get them to give back the original one for updating as they go

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

racing identity posted:

Just had a look at Adelaide's draft history - they're good at nailing the first round. Here are their 1st rounders back to 2010

2010 P14 - Brodie Smith
2014 P14 - Jake Lever
2015 P11 - Wayne Milera
2015 P17 - Tom Doedee
2016 P15 - Jordan Gallucci
2017 P12 - Darcy Fogarty

In that time they also got M.Crouch in the second round, Mcgovern in the third round, and Rory Laird in the rookie draft

When we end up with 8 first round picks in this draft after the impendig exodus, we'll be primed for a tilt in 2024.

I always wonder if this sort of thing is down to good talent identification or good player development. Apart from Doedee none of those first round picks were particularly surprising so I'm sure player development and coaching has more to do with it than people generally give credit for.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol @ Franklin being AA captain - what the gently caress.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

lol @ Franklin being AA captain - what the gently caress.

Probably on account of him having more caps than anyone else named - distinct lack of leadership named this year

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 29, 2018

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Probably on account of him having more caps than anyone else named - distinct lack of leadership named this year

Hurn?

The AA captain should really be the best leader in the group, not the most decorated player.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
They gave it to Alex Rance last year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

Hurn?

The AA captain should really be the best leader in the group, not the most decorated player.

That's my point, I don't see a best leader in the group, I hardly see any at all. No club captains holy poo poo Hurn is the Eagles captain? Didn't even notice, barely a couple of 'leadership group' types with thin credentials at best.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 29, 2018

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Ratten confirmed as going to Saints as assistant coach: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/confirmed-exhawthorn-assistant-joins-st-kilda

Lions trying to get Neale from Freo. Neale open to the idea, Freo not so open: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/lions-trying-to-lure-star-docker-to-the-gabba

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cripps was captain for like 8 games this year and will be our official captain next season.

https://twitter.com/gameof4quarters/status/1034401083186003968?s=19

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Well the banner didn't rule out delisting him - that clearly falls under 'anything'. :colbert:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Periphery posted:

Ratten confirmed as going to Saints as assistant coach: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/confirmed-exhawthorn-assistant-joins-st-kilda

Lions trying to get Neale from Freo. Neale open to the idea, Freo not so open: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/lions-trying-to-lure-star-docker-to-the-gabba

You would have to be an insane person to trade Neale I reckon, although he’s probably chafing at the bit to play in a team that doesn’t have Fyfe in it so he gets some press. Dude just gets like 30+ possessions a game and doesn’t really seem to get injured. I dunno. I think he’s massively underrated or at least undermentioned

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Neale is a gun, the lions would have to give up a lot for freo to let him go.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The week off is fuckin dumb I want footy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bernie Vince has announced his retirement

Not too many players get to win a B&F nevermind win one at two different clubs. He was a really good fit for the Demons.

We also got him for the pick we received for trading Sylvia to Freo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bernie was an insane upgrade over Sylvia. He had a lot of brain fades but you can’t question his intent and he provided a lot on field and off, really good trade for us.

I think we’ll be better off for not trying to fit both him and Lewis in the backline going forward though, it made us very slow when they were both in

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I REALLLY hope we can hold onto Neale, 2nd most important player at the club after Fyfe, and a close 2nd at that. He still has a year to run on his contract before he becomes a free agent.

And Col Sylvia, what a great trade that was :suicide:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress. What I thought might have been the reason he didn't play last weekend is true, Belinda and Rory Sloan lost their first child who was stillborn last week.

RIP little Leo.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Ergh stillbirth is such a grotesque thing to happen to a couple. A miscarriage is one thing but carrying the kid to nearly full term only for that to happen must be one of the worst things you can experience.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That’s horrendous

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

drunkill posted:

gently caress. What I thought might have been the reason he didn't play last weekend is true, Belinda and Rory Sloan lost their first child who was stillborn last week.

RIP little Leo.

Oh, that's so terrible. Hope the Sloanes are all together at this terrible time :smith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Poor Sloanes :(

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Jesus gently caress the instagram picture is awful to see

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Jesus gently caress the instagram picture is awful to see

I just can't look at anything like that now I'm a dad, it turns me into a mess.

I can't imagine how awful that would be for them :smith:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Every player in the AFL could do an ACL overnight and it wouldn't be anywhere as poo poo news as that. :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well that sucks :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Travis Varcoe’s sister has died after a collision in a footy game last weekend.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
loving hell. What a horrible day.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

What a poo poo week it's been in football

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

:smith:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jesus Christ.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress, she was just playing a game for fun.

I can't imagine how Travis is feeling when he is due to play in this finals series.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Ah that's rough.

Can't imagine how Travis is feeling.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I head butted a bloke in the face in our last round. Hit him pretty good.

There but for the grace of god I

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What a crap week.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Geez, Rory's son and Travis' sister, what a horrible couple of news stories to see today. I feel so bad for all the families involved. Terrible.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It would be great if this Au Pair thing topples Gil and we can finally end the bullshit SA favouritism of the last 5 years.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

West Coast is looking at Jordan Roughead for two years.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/swandane/status/1035333455112953857?s=21

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Holy poo poo, that is amazing.