Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Can you post the dockerfile? armhfp dockerfiles tend to be written by morons who gently caress things up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/blob/master/Dockerfile.armhf

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 27, 2018

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Increase the max body size in the proxy config, since he hardcoded it. The other option is that the container is hitting memory limits and the proxy (which is in the same container for no good reason) is crapping out. Try "docker exec -it..." to get a shell and see what fell apart.

Kinda laughing at this huge pile of trash, though. "Container" which starts multiple services with over 9000 environment variables and random openvpn settings.

It's less convenient for you, but if it were me, I'd dump that ASAP and separate everything properly into a docker-compose setup. It's a learning experience, and it will actually work instead of throwing the kitchen sink at one container.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

evol262 posted:

Increase the max body size in the proxy config, since he hardcoded it. The other option is that the container is hitting memory limits and the proxy (which is in the same container for no good reason) is crapping out. Try "docker exec -it..." to get a shell and see what fell apart.

Kinda laughing at this huge pile of trash, though. "Container" which starts multiple services with over 9000 environment variables and random openvpn settings.

It's less convenient for you, but if it were me, I'd dump that ASAP and separate everything properly into a docker-compose setup. It's a learning experience, and it will actually work instead of throwing the kitchen sink at one container.
I'm not using the proxy, so that shouldn't be part of the problem right? How would I use docker exec -it to do that – just run dmesg once I'm in the shell? Sorry, I'm a huge noob (which also rules out docker-compose prolly.)

And am I totally hosed in terms of getting this thing running on the odroid? I wish I could figure out what was wrong, but its like each time I try a different distro I just get a new set of problems. Piiiiiiiiiiiss

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I'm not using the proxy, so that shouldn't be part of the problem right? How would I use docker exec -it to do that – just run dmesg once I'm in the shell? Sorry, I'm a huge noob (which also rules out docker-compose prolly.)

And am I totally hosed in terms of getting this thing running on the odroid? I wish I could figure out what was wrong, but its like each time I try a different distro I just get a new set of problems. Piiiiiiiiiiiss

On the cli type docker exec -it <containername> /bin/bash or /bin/sh if your container doesn’t have bash.

Then it’s basic troubleshooting, check logs. Start programs manually and see what happens.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
docker ps #get the container name
docker exec -it $container /bin/bash

Will dump you into a shell in the running container so you can poke at it.

It looks like there's both tinyproxy and an nginx proxy. nginx is only used if you use docker-compose. This rube Goldberg dockerfile is basically calling:

code:
openvpn/start.sh -> 
openvpn/tunnelUp.sh ->
  transmission/start.sh
  tinyproxy/start.sh
So the failure could be in any of these. Probably tinyproxy, which seems totally unnecessary because transmission-web exists, but welp.

There's a docker-compose file on the repo. Clone the repo, "sudo docker-compose up", see if the nginx proxy is less lovely

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
What's the benefit of stuffing transmission in docker?

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
I guess so the openvpn client for :filez: can be isolated from the rest of the system

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
Can I dump details of previous SSID's that I have successfully joined into my terminal?

I'm using Fedora KDE on my laptop and I can view them individually using the GUI network manager. I was wondering how to do it in the shell.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

apropos man posted:

Can I dump details of previous SSID's that I have successfully joined into my terminal?

I'm using Fedora KDE on my laptop and I can view them individually using the GUI network manager. I was wondering how to do it in the shell.
nmcli c might work

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

Vulture Culture posted:

nmcli c might work

I've just tried:

nmcli connection show <SSID>
&
nmcli --show-secrets connection show <SSID>

The --show-secrets argument doesn't seem to do much. Even as root.

EDIT:

The '-s' or '--show-secrets' argument works fine on my Fedora GNOME system, so this must be some kind of KDE fuckery.

There's also a keys file for each network in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts in GNOME, but not in KDE.

It definitely looks like KDE stores psk in a different way. Never mind. I'll just look it up manually. Don't have the time or inclination to investigate this particular one any further.

apropos man fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 30, 2018

tjones
May 13, 2005
If network manager, you could cat the files stored in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/?

Phone posting, so that last directory may be named differently than I am recalling. You'll need root access.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

apropos man posted:

I've just tried:

nmcli connection show <SSID>
&
nmcli --show-secrets connection show <SSID>

The --show-secrets argument doesn't seem to do much. Even as root.

EDIT:

The '-s' or '--show-secrets' argument works fine on my Fedora GNOME system, so this must be some kind of KDE fuckery.

There's also a keys file for each network in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts in GNOME, but not in KDE.

It definitely looks like KDE stores psk in a different way. Never mind. I'll just look it up manually. Don't have the time or inclination to investigate this particular one any further.

In KDE the secrets are stored in the KDE keyring, which you may be able to query from the command line using kwalletcli.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

ToxicFrog posted:

In KDE the secrets are stored in the KDE keyring, which you may be able to query from the command line using kwalletcli.

I saw that KDE uses a kwallet GUI to store creds this morning. I didn't know that kwallet could be accessed from the command line, so I'll have a play with that when I get home. Cheers.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Please stop me from eating a bullet. I'm trying to just install "okular" a pdf viewer on my Pixelbook, running crouton with Xenial.

code:
linux2)eric@localhost:~$ sudo apt-get install okular
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 okular : Depends: libokular5core8 (= 4:17.12.3-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: kio but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5bookmarks5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5completion5 (>= 4.97.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5configgui5 (>= 4.97.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5configwidgets5 (>= 5.23.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5iconthemes5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5itemviews5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5jobwidgets5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kexiv2-15.0.0 (>= 4.5.90) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kiocore5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kiowidgets5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5parts5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5purpose-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5purpose5 (>= 1.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5service-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5service5 (>= 4.99.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5textwidgets5 (>= 5.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5wallet-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5wallet5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5widgetsaddons5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5windowsystem5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5xmlgui5 (>= 4.98.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libphonon4qt5-4 (>= 4:4.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libpoppler-qt5-1 (>= 0.62.0-1ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqmobipocket2 (>= 4:4.11.80) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5gui5 (>= 5.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5printsupport5 (>= 5.6.1~) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5svg5 (>= 5.6.0~beta) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.7.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: phonon4qt5 but it is not going to be installed
          Recommends: cups-bsd
          Recommends: qtspeech5-flite-plugin but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I've tried all the hits, installing then individually, dkpg --get-selections|grep hold, all that, and I just can't install that package. It's killing me. If I do sudo dist-upgrade then it breaks crouton, and brings a bunch of other issues. This is crazy frustrating.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

Have you edited your sources.list file recently?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Jerk McJerkface posted:

If I do sudo dist-upgrade then it breaks
Okay, so what version of Debian/Ubuntu are you on?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Have you tried updating your chroot itself?

code:
 sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -u -n chrootname

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Please stop me from eating a bullet. I'm trying to just install "okular" a pdf viewer on my Pixelbook, running crouton with Xenial.

I've tried all the hits, installing then individually, dkpg --get-selections|grep hold, all that, and I just can't install that package. It's killing me. If I do sudo dist-upgrade then it breaks crouton, and brings a bunch of other issues. This is crazy frustrating.
Have you tried finding out which version of the qt-stack is currently installed, and installing the version of okular that corresponds to that?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

apropos man posted:

Have you edited your sources.list file recently?

I did but I walked back my changes. Maybe I need to clear the package list? I did apt clean and apt autoclean after but it still persists.

anthonypants posted:

Okay, so what version of Debian/Ubuntu are you on?

It's xenial, so 16.04. If I do dist-upgrade it breaks xiwi and xorg for some reason. Then I can't reinstall them because all the crouton update commands cause similar held package errors.

LochNessMonster posted:

Have you tried updating your chroot itself?

code:
 sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -u -n chrootname

Yes. It fails as well on several installs with a similar error. It looks like it can't install some of the kde packages, so I removed the kde target from the frouton configuration files. This makes crouton update work fine but still I can't install okular.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

tonberrytoby posted:

Have you tried finding out which version of the qt-stack is currently installed, and installing the version of okular that corresponds to that?

This is a really clever idea. I'm not at the pixelbook now but I'll check on that. I remember the version of qt is newer than than whatever version okular wants so maybe I'm installing and old version of okular.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
apt update?

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Install aptitude and see how it explains it to you?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

code:
linux2)eric@localhost:~$ sudo apt-get install okular
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 okular : Depends: libokular5core8 (= 4:17.12.3-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: kio but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5bookmarks5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5completion5 (>= 4.97.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5configgui5 (>= 4.97.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5configwidgets5 (>= 5.23.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5iconthemes5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5itemviews5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5jobwidgets5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kexiv2-15.0.0 (>= 4.5.90) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kiocore5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kiowidgets5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5parts5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5purpose-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5purpose5 (>= 1.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5service-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5service5 (>= 4.99.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5textwidgets5 (>= 5.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5wallet-bin but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5wallet5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5widgetsaddons5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5windowsystem5 (>= 4.96.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libkf5xmlgui5 (>= 4.98.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libphonon4qt5-4 (>= 4:4.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libpoppler-qt5-1 (>= 0.62.0-1ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqmobipocket2 (>= 4:4.11.80) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5gui5 (>= 5.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5printsupport5 (>= 5.6.1~) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5svg5 (>= 5.6.0~beta) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.7.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: phonon4qt5 but it is not going to be installed
          Recommends: cups-bsd
          Recommends: qtspeech5-flite-plugin but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

https://github.com/silvavlis/docker-okular

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

telcoM posted:

I think you said the RAID array is in a QNAP NAS box.

Even if the QNAP user interface does not yet show the disk as failed, it will definitely go into :supaburn: mode if you just yank a disk out without any advance notice. And if you insert a new unpartitioned disk, the system should generally more or less automatically partition it as required. If you partition it manually before inserting it, the user interface may just overwrite your work... or it may think everything necessary has been done, and later get wedged since something behind-the-scenes but essential like a QNAP bootloader did not get copied to that disk after all.

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial/article/online-raid-capacity-upgrade

Turns out that in the Storage Pool Management window, there should be a Manage -> Replace Disks One by One function. I think you should use it if the user interface has not yet detected the disk as faulty.

And here are QNAP's instructions for replacing disks in the event the UI does identify them as failed:

https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/89/0/a-hard-disk-drive-error-is-shown-on-the-nas-what-should-i-do

Disclaimer: I don't own a QNAP device, but I've remote-administered one at work. (Very remote: had I needed to go to the device physically, I'd have needed a passport, a visa and a plane ticket. So the motivation to be careful was definitely there.)

So the array detects the new disk and is rebuilding. Starts recovering at like 40MB/s then slowly drops to like 10k. mdadm --examine and --details on the raid array and the disk show its completely healthy. (minus the recovery disk.) I think the disks went to sleep in all honesty. I've replaced the actual disk that it's rebuilding so it's not the disk that is the issue, mind you there were no errors detected at all to begin with.

I checked the min/max speed limits and those are fairly high. Pretty annoyed at this point, QNAP support is only M-F 9-5m. Ugh.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
It's probably embarrassingly slow at CRC calculations

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I don't care about Google authored packages, but specific Google packages. Let me explain. I'm a Christian and I know God is in control, however I do not want to have a part in their effort for the New World Order. Don't try to explain that is ridiculous because if you can't see it you have to take another look. I've had them completely removed in the past, but I must have unstalled a snap package. I just wonder what it was. Is there anyway of finding out? I ask because I've had them totally removed on 16.04.2, but now I have 18.04!

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

lordfrikk posted:

I don't care about Google authored packages, but specific Google packages. Let me explain. I'm a Christian and I know God is in control, however I do not want to have a part in their effort for the New World Order. Don't try to explain that is ridiculous because if you can't see it you have to take another look. I've had them completely removed in the past, but I must have unstalled a snap package. I just wonder what it was. Is there anyway of finding out? I ask because I've had them totally removed on 16.04.2, but now I have 18.04!
:captainpop:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just a quick update, apparently I had updated from xenial to bionic, I didn't realize it. All the apt sources were using xenial, when I switched the apt files to bionic, everything worked.

Doing crouton -u errors since crouton doesn't like that it's bionic, but you can force it to update and it still works.

mystes
May 31, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

Did you add the Christian/New World Order part or did the person who wrote it edit it out of their post on the Ubuntu forums?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

mystes posted:

Did you add the Christian/New World Order part or did the person who wrote it edit it out of their post on the Ubuntu forums?

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess they were worried the Google New World Order would catch on to them and edited it out.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

I thought Terry Davis died last week.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Volguus posted:

I thought Terry Davis died last week.
Nowhere near racist enough to have been a losethos post.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh my god how have I never been aware of TempleOS before right now :stonklol: Did that dude really post to YOSPOS for a bit before getting trolled into oblivion?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Docjowles posted:

Oh my god how have I never been aware of TempleOS before right now :stonklol: Did that dude really post to YOSPOS for a bit before getting trolled into oblivion?
It wasn't him "getting trolled into oblivion" it was him "creating a shitload of threads about himself"

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Docjowles posted:

Dude was seriously mentally ill IIRC, seemed like it might have been schizophrenia.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah the templeos website now has a request from his family for well-wishers to donate funds to mental health causes. Guy seems like he was... not well.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
No, he wasn't well. But he was a genius nonetheless. TempleOS is a god drat work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Volguus posted:

No, he wasn't well. But he was a genius nonetheless. TempleOS is a god drat work of art.

It literally is.