Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

text me a vag pic posted:

I did. Then I went to the facebook page. I am intersted in their videos but I am afraid that if I hit play I will begin to poo poo and never stop making GBS threads and then drown in the poo poo.

Well (assuming you ascribe to the flat earth theory) technically your poo poo would attempt to fill a uniform height across the entire flat plane of the world, after which it would cascade off the sides, so technically you're really only at risk from a making GBS threads rate higher than the flow rate over the edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

This will turn out well. :yikes:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

money will do that

potentiallycool
Nov 7, 2011

Homie
Fallen Rib
The high point of British culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNbLBS1D2Q

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No that'd be when she was the page 3 girl in the sun

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I see you and I raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKaTeWI3KM

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

Which one?

Content:

Violet_Sky has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Aug 30, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wifey material. Go getter straight earner.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Violet_Sky posted:

Lol, "neurodivergent". I'm using that now

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Violet_Sky posted:

Which one?

Content:

I think she's the one *heart eyes*

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The descriptor "that fanny pack looks awesome" was uttered during this shoot
That fanny pack straight-up looks like he strapped a pair of tighty-whiteys to his chest

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Violet_Sky posted:

https://twitter.com/LidsRodney/status/1034085642739699713

For whoever wants to read the complete curse.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

This has to be a fake, or a parody. We've seen a bunch of examples in this very thread, the last line should read, "Nani???? ^^;; OwO"

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Headline "Ablisa's a REAL stunna!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Neurodivergent?" Is that a technical term?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Neurodivergent?" Is that a technical term?

ya, isn't it like the class that autism is part of, but it also covers loads of other poo poo, anyway, im neuroATYPICAL WHOAAAa

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It’s not an “official” or medically-accepted term, but plenty of folks who are autistic or have other mental conditions (i.e. ADHD, depression, anxiety) use it to indicate they’re aware and accepting of how their brain operates.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Why is it with these that the guy's always being the romantic type and the pony is being sex mad?

The fact I've actually typed that sentence in my life is making me think I need to take a pause from AUG threads.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Why is it with these that the guy's always being the romantic type and the pony is being sex mad?

The fact I've actually typed that sentence in my life is making me think I need to take a pause from AUG threads.

You can't take a break now; much like that guy, you're in too deep.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

These are guys who, even in their wildest fantasies, don't think of themselves as capable of confidently making the first move in a sexual situation. The most effective fantasies typically do have some connection to reality so that you can at least imagine that it's possible, however unlikely. Guys this damaged can't imagine ever being in a situation where they initiate, so to play out that fantasy with an inanimate object probably wouldn't feel "real" to them.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
He put sex coins into the plushie by making it dinner and dessert and getting it a ring, and now he's put in enough coins for it to initiate sexual intercourse. That's how these broke-brained boys think and since real women rarely agree that holding a door open equals 1/20th of a blow job they resort to these depressing fantasies.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Aug 30, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Wait‽ There are sex coins?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

LawfulWaffle posted:

He put sex coins into the plushie by making it dinner and dessert and getting it a ring, and now he's put in enough coins for it to initiate sexual intercourse. That's how these broke-brained boys think and since real women rarely agree that holding a door open equals 1/20th of a blow job they resort to these depressing fantasies.

this was exactly what I saw - a sad pantomime of what he thinks a 'perfect' date is like, performed as a ritual. romantic dinner ends in sex! that's always how it goes, right?

also goddamn what cheap-rear end bachelor spaghetti, there's not even any cheese on it, cmon man at least get that shaky poo poo on there. No discernible veggies in the sauce. Man how's that worth a pony proposal, she shoulda said no.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Aug 30, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Why is nobody talking about the stainless steel pipe joint ring he got the pony from like home depot

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

In a similar vein, here's an oldie but a goodie:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

HappyKitty posted:

In a similar vein, here's an oldie but a goodie:

You gotta hand it to him for treating the whole situation like a mature adult though...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"To you I'm sure Twilight Sparkle is just a cartoon character you think is really hot."

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

DandyLion posted:

You gotta hand it to him for treating the whole situation like a mature adult though...

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding bronies. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I feel like the Brony thing has gone on long enough that the next weird fetish is right around the corner.

"To you I'm sure Uncle Grandpa is just a cartoon character you think is really hot..."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like the Brony thing has gone on long enough that the next weird fetish is right around the corner.

"To you I'm sure Uncle Grandpa is just a cartoon character you think is really hot..."

Oh! Is it time to talk about which cartoons we'd gently caress?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

NOOOO AUG THREAD, PULL UP, PULL UP

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

HappyKitty posted:

NOOOO HE-MAN, PULL OUT, PULL OUT

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Stuff like this makes me wonder: is it mental illness alone that makes these people become plushfuckers with bizarre fantasies, or is there bad parenting involved too? Do their parents see them collecting Twilight Sparkle dolls and molding horse vaginas and shrug their shoulders? Sometimes I ponder if I could have become one of these people if my parents hadn't given a poo poo and forced me to interact with others.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One low-key kind of awkward stuff I enjoy is the music video for "Black Betty" by Ram Jam because they all look like the most 1970s stoner hillbilly guys ever.

I wonder whether that guy in the back who's just clapping the whole time was part of the band or if he was just a guy who happened to be around when they shot the video.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

rudecyrus posted:

Stuff like this makes me wonder: is it mental illness alone that makes these people become plushfuckers with bizarre fantasies, or is there bad parenting involved too? Do their parents see them collecting Twilight Sparkle dolls and molding horse vaginas and shrug their shoulders? Sometimes I ponder if I could have become one of these people if my parents hadn't given a poo poo and forced me to interact with others.

Hard to say, I mean it's not like bad parenting makes existing mental illness any better, or that mental illness can't be triggered or exacerbated by traumatic circumstances in a child's home. But at the same time, the real disturbing stuff like what we're seeing itt seems like it comes along a bit later, like in their teenage years right? Kinda hard for a parent to do much to stop it at that point, short of kicking them out of the house. Teenagers are going to do what they want to do.

A lot of it I guess comes down to whether a mental illness is diagnosed and properly treated during childhood, and that doesn't always come down to good parenting. Sometimes kids just slip through the cracks of the system and never get the proper diagnosis, then here they are at age 17 or 18 and they've got no social life to speak of because they never had the help they needed to work around those issues. Then the internet provides a safe space for their weird fantasies, the fantasies become more intense and the rest is history.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Buddy, it's always time to talk about which cartoons we'd gently caress.

rudecyrus posted:

It depends. You have people who are deffo on the spectrum who feel like they can only relate to fictional creatures and you have people whose parents never tried to steer them away from a lonesome path. And when you are a parent, it's hard to know when to step in and what to do. Do you say that watching too much anime will make you socially outcast, so you ban it? And if you ban something, will your kid just be more interested in it? Do you tell your kid that they're becoming a loser and that they need to change what they see as a core part of their identity, or that they need to stop hanging out with their best friends? Because then you get stories about dad's who make their kids join a sport they hate which makes the kid resent the father, or mothers who push their daughters to be more feminine which in turn makes the daughter despise being "girly". It's a tough line to walk and there is no easy answer, although there are whole sections of bookstores with varying levels of religious leaning that promise to give you the tools you need to keep your kids pure and wholesome.

I'm not at a point where I need to worry about it, but I imagine that trying to keep a healthy relationship with your child and talking about their interests earnestly while warning them of the pitfalls that obsessive fandom can entail is about the best you can do.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Knormal posted:

That fanny pack straight-up looks like he strapped a pair of tighty-whiteys to his chest

I saw a clothing ad recently that called fanny packs "front belts", or maybe it was "belt bag".

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I think it's not really a question of, when do you intervene as a parent, but rather, did they really have any parents to intervene on their behalf. I feel like someone who is so isolated that they, as someone mentioned, cannot even have a romantic fantasy that isn't predicated on them completing an imaginary serious of fuckcoin steps probably didn't get a lot of healthy opportunities to interact with anyone. As a person who was lonely/neglected as a child, I promise you this is more likely. The only difference is that I developed interests that would translate into my being able to (and wanting to) make friends later on. Something like an adult man watching kids cartoons isn't a situation that leaves a lot of avenues for socializing with other people; really, you're just subject to the stimulation that the cartoon gives you and then, at best, some interpretive pleasure and discussion with other people who feel the same. But it's a pretty narrow experience, so I think that's kind of what leads to that obsession.

Plus, combine that with a culture that sort of encourages us to define ourselves by the media we consume and bam, Pinkie Pie spaghetti sex date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly, I don't think I understand why people even want to have children - I realise this makes me the AUG one on this but there you go.