Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I will forget the face of my parents long before I forget The Scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can confirm Matt Ryan is super nice and awesome to talk to.

Am also standing at 3/3 hugged LoT cast members.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Can confirm Matt Ryan is super nice and awesome to talk to.

Am also standing at 3/3 hugged LoT cast members.

Should have offered him some a pan of scouse and red cabbage. He might have given you a reach around.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Do they ever explain what's the deal with Future Barry that vanishes and who Eobard kept looking at his news article in season 1 of The Flash?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Do they ever explain what's the deal with Future Barry that vanishes and who Eobard kept looking at his news article in season 1 of The Flash?

No. And they probably never will. They set it just far enough in the future that The Flash is probably going to be off the air long before we ever get to that date in the real world so they will never have to write their way out of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also they've changed the timeline since then so it doesn't really matter what happened in that future.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't recall how much Eobard moved up the timeline originally, but my pet theory is that everything just moved up with it and "Flash Vanishes in Crisis" was punching the satellite that his daughter just Flashpointed away.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming season for The Flash? It shows Barry telling his daughter-from-the-future “I need to know what happens” and she says “My poker face is that bad?” I assumed they were talking about the Crisis in the future article that Barry vanishes in and will be addressed next season. Or the writers could declare “Flashtime” and just do whatever they want.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Speaking of future Eobard, during Crisis on Earth X he tells Kara that he's fought Superman in the future but he's not from her world. So just a flubbed fanservice line?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

V-Men posted:

Speaking of future Eobard, during Crisis on Earth X he tells Kara that he's fought Superman in the future but he's not from her world. So just a flubbed fanservice line?

It's not like Speedsters can travel to alternate Earths or anything...

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

V-Men posted:

I'm watching Flash Season 1 again and it's implied Future Barry helped found the Justice League. So, maybe Superman shows up in the future like the Flash was supposed to?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1035225650448224256

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Constantine isn't a red card.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

FactsAreUseless posted:

Constantine isn't a red card.

Seriously, the man traffics in demons. Black card or bust.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Loud, creates lots of chaos, always smoking

Seems like a red card to me

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Constantine - Black, maybe B/R

Sara - White or W/R
Ray - Blue, maybe W/U or U/R
Mick - Red.
Nate - Green
Amaya - G/W

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Constantine - Black, maybe B/R

Sara - White or W/R
Ray - Blue, maybe W/U or U/R
Mick - Red.
Nate - Green
Amaya - G/W

Zari - Blue

You missed one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MTG is for NERDDDDSSSSS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

MTG is for NERDDDDSSSSS

And?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Zari - Blue

You missed one.

I knew I was missing someone and I couldn't be arsed to check. Yeah, Zari is also Blue. Maybe Blue/Red

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nothing. Carry on.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Planeswalker is just a polite way of saying Spell Idiots.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope this season is a backdoor pilot to bring back Constantine. The first season wasn’t fantastic but it had a lot of potential.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invalid Validation posted:

I hope this season is a backdoor pilot to bring back Constantine. The first season wasn’t fantastic but it had a lot of potential.

I'd be shocked if he gets his own show again.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm insanely grateful we're getting more Matt Ryan Constantine at all. It's amazing how this worked out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He really works as a character in the universe. Like if its just a 1 season stint with Legends have him go guest on Flash next season. Or do some kind of Justice League Dark crossover with him in 2020. I love that the Arrowverse is full and rich enough now that just like a comic book universe there's characters like Constantine who are doing their own thing who can show up with history for a 3 issue arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want him on Agents of SHIELD next.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I want him on Agents of SHIELD next.

I just wish Clark Gregg and Stephen Amell actually pulled off that SHEILD/Arrow crossover they talked about wanting to do years ago. That would have been great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

I just wish Clark Gregg and Stephen Amell actually pulled off that SHEILD/Arrow crossover they talked about wanting to do years ago. That would have been great.

Maybe now that Phil's "dying" he can cameo on Arrow.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

nine-gear crow posted:

Just imagine a marvel/dc TV crossover where literally every TV super teams up to tell Danny Rand how awful he is, that's the dream right

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

CainsDescendant posted:

Just imagine a marvel/dc TV crossover where literally every TV super teams up to tell Danny Rand how awful he is, that's the dream right

Imagine the burn that would have coming from the time gently caress ups!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

CainsDescendant posted:

I'm watching the Netflix Marvel shows with a friend and we are up to the middle of the first season of Iron Fist (we are way behind), but we both think Danny Rand's incompetence is kind of endearing, in a you know nothing Jon Snow kind of way.. :shobon:

Looking forward to be really disappointed. :v:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Tarquinn posted:

I'm watching the Netflix Marvel shows with a friend and we are up to the middle of the first season of Iron Fist (we are way behind), but we both think Danny Rand's incompetence is kind of endearing, in a you know nothing Jon Snow kind of way.. :shobon:

Looking forward to be really disappointed. :v:

Honestly I enjoyed Iron Fist, but I did binge it in a day with roommates while on a variety of substances so it was kinda hard not to. I like how dopey he is and (minor spoiler for series you haven't watched yet I guess) all the other heroes in defenders and when he shows up elsewhere make fun of him for it so it's at least handled well in-universe imo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I totally interpreted Danny as a well meaning idiot and I think that was the intent. So if you're taking it that way you'll probably be fine.

A lot of people just didn't find it endearing and were pissed off he wasn't a kick rear end fighter. Which I totally understand but I didn't go in with any real preconception of Iron Fist the way I did with Daredevil, Luke Cake, or Jessica Jones.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

Deke ends up on Legends for a season. He fits in... surprisingly well.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly The Defenders and his one-off appearance in Luke Cage really do rehab Danny Rand quite a bit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Constantine himself is a great character and Ryan is great in the role; but the show itself was pretty bland; and the remainder of the cast was bland (other than the Angel).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

nine-gear crow posted:

SHIELD should do an episode where they get reports of a buried alien and find that it's an amnesiac speedster from another dimension, played by Grant Gustin. They'd probably rehab that character way better than they could on his actual show.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Argue posted:

SHIELD should do an episode where they get reports of a buried alien and find that it's an amnesiac speedster from another dimension, played by Grant Gustin. They'd probably rehab that character way better than they could on his actual show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

CainsDescendant posted:

Honestly I enjoyed Iron Fist, but I did binge it in a day with roommates while on a variety of substances so it was kinda hard not to. I like how dopey he is and (minor spoiler for series you haven't watched yet I guess) all the other heroes in defenders and when he shows up elsewhere make fun of him for it so it's at least handled well in-universe imo

Makes perfect sense to me. Not sure why Iron Fist (the series) got such a bad rep. :)