Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Johnny Truant posted:

Does that tiger have stylized fur? :thunk:

I call him Generrrawr Burnside

No? Nothing? Tough sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

a reddit commenter posted:

How the hell has that guy been tattooing for 13 years? I went to their website and not a single artist's work looked great. I'm sorry OP. Not trying to be mean to you. I am huge HP nerd and have tattoos to show that as well but this guy hosed you. I wouldn't go back to the shop if I were you.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Always trust a redditor, I'm sure his tattoos are fantastic.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

:allears:

Love this

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The dementor is decent but the hallows symbol looks like serious rear end

I mean, it would be a stupid tattoo anyway but it can at least look competently done

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
I'm not really into Harry Potter so I never really recognize that symbol, I immediately think of the symbol on the back of Dr. Orpheus cape from Venture Bros. (not the Order of the Triad symbol). Both of which I think are far superior:

Dr. O

Order of the Triad

Edit:

I mean, come on.. not perfect, but much better than the HP symbol.

Knee has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Aug 27, 2018

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You're forgetting that once you read Harry Potter all media (including the news) is now somehow Harry Potter and can only be explained to you through comparison to Harry Potter.

Where the Deathly Hallows even all that important in the end? They seemed like a weird retcon for the cloak and a way to introduce the masterwand. But as a symbol in the story it's completely useless, I think it's actually supposed to be a sign of bad luck, because the 2 brothers in the story died. It's not like someone getting a house mascot or something.

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Johnny Truant posted:

Does that tiger have stylized fur? :thunk:

I think the lovely tattoo tiger has its own lovely tattoos.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Shoehead posted:

You're forgetting that once you read Harry Potter all media (including the news) is now somehow Harry Potter and can only be explained to you through comparison to Harry Potter.

Where the Deathly Hallows even all that important in the end? They seemed like a weird retcon for the cloak and a way to introduce the masterwand. But as a symbol in the story it's completely useless, I think it's actually supposed to be a sign of bad luck, because the 2 brothers in the story died. It's not like someone getting a house mascot or something.

::witch: chat Well the Hallows themselves are the wand, cloak, and ring all of which are very important. Also the parable about the brothers reflects Voldermort's failings and indicates how Harry is able to defeat him in the end. But yeah, I don't think the actual symbol of the Hallows has much importance beyond setting up some exposition early on.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Bloop posted:

The dementor is decent

No, not at all.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Tasteless Tattoos: The rear end gets bigger when i flex

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Tears In A Vial posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Tasteless Tattoos: The rear end gets bigger when i flex

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Tasteless Tattoos: new Purple Unicorn tat, the rear end gets bigger when i flex

You gotta get the unicorn part in there if it fits.. just adds a nice wtf to things.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_DiXSlJ2B

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm trying to decide if this was intentionally drawn to have a hidden penis or if that was a happy accident

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Aug 28, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wins the thread holy poo poo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's hoping she's a nazi.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Here's hoping she's a nazi.

That's an old classic, makes me smile every time I see it. Specifically the final "I'm sorry what? [4 fuckin emojis]"

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Upload problems. Nothing to see here. :(

EVG has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Aug 28, 2018

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm trying to decide if this was intentionally drawn to have a hidden penis or if that was a happy accident

Ok, so it wasn't just me who saw that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

"Dragon Lady"

It appeared on an episode of Tosh.0. Seemed like a nice person, very troubled past if I'm remembering right.

Originally male, said they prefer "it" just in case anyone thinks I'm being impolite or insensitive towards them.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That... is not what a parrot looks like.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

I tried googling "horny parrot" to see if there are any actual parrots out there with some kind of horn like protrusions but only found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY

Actually I just wanted to post that video to make a dumb joke and I find it hilarious :ssh:
Pointless edit: So their lifespan on average is 60 years with some reaching 90 years old :aaa:

Sorry for the random derail for a pretty dumb joke...

Knee has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Aug 30, 2018

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Speaking of having ears cut off:

(linked because maybe you're not into this)

https://i.imgur.com/43zb21Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vOUzSpr.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-half-nose-cut-ears-13153455

A man with a love of skeletons has cut off his nose so he can look like a skull.

Tattoo artist Kalaca Skull, whose real name is Eric Yeiner Hincapié Ramírez, has spent two years undergoing extreme body modifications in his quest to change his face.

He has put up with a host of gruesome and painful procedures including one to remove the lower half of his nose and another to take his ears off.

But it doesn't stop there.

The heavily tattooed artist has had his tongue split in half and tattooed a blue-grey colour, and had skull features, including black eye-sockets on his tattooed on his face.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knee posted:

I tried googling "horny parrot" to see if there are any actual parrots out there with some kind of horn like protrusions but only found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY

Actually I just wanted to post that video to make a dumb joke and I find it hilarious :ssh:

Ah yes, good ole :parrot:

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Dixville posted:

Ah yes, good ole :parrot:

poo poo that's right... we have a smilie for that. That is the origin of that smilie, right?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Johnny Truant posted:

Not just one parrot but every parrot. And also Satan.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Speaking of having ears cut off:

(linked because maybe you're not into this)

https://i.imgur.com/43zb21Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vOUzSpr.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-half-nose-cut-ears-13153455

A man with a love of skeletons has cut off his nose so he can look like a skull.

Tattoo artist Kalaca Skull, whose real name is Eric Yeiner Hincapié Ramírez, has spent two years undergoing extreme body modifications in his quest to change his face.

He has put up with a host of gruesome and painful procedures including one to remove the lower half of his nose and another to take his ears off.

But it doesn't stop there.

The heavily tattooed artist has had his tongue split in half and tattooed a blue-grey colour, and had skull features, including black eye-sockets on his tattooed on his face.

I'm surprised that it wasn't the person I expected it to be, I thought it would be Red Skull.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knee posted:

poo poo that's right... we have a smilie for that. That is the origin of that smilie, right?

Yeah it is. It was someone in some TFF thread that made it as I recall. There's a saclopedia entry on it.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Some content since I derailed a bit:

Mugshot:

Rick "Zombie Boy" Genest

http://bestwnews.com/world-news/zombie-boy-death-incredible-video-reveals-tragic-rick-genest-looked-like-without-tattoos/
Apparently killed himself at the age of 32 :( (suicide is never the answer). I didn't really read the article but RIP fully tatted up and easily recognizable dude.
From the link: "the heavily- inked star is unrecognizable in the advert for L’Oreal’s DermaBlend concealer and make-up remover. In the Go Beyond the Cover video, Genest, who was 32 when he died, is first seen sitting on a stool with a flawless face and chest as the slogan: 'How do you judge a book?' appears. He then begins to wipe a cloth across his chest and, gradually, his skeletal tattoos begin to reappear."

And off the "skelly-man" look: "Man's mug shot, ironic tattoo"

"WITH GOD ALL THINGS
ARE POSSIBLE
GOD LOVES YOU
Please forgive me if I say or do anything stupid, Thank You!"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Zombie Boy is sad because he lived just long enough to not just get discovered by the fashion industry, Lady Gaga and others, but also to have his look pilfered and coveted by people who would have sneered at him when he was homeless. loving hypocrite sycophants. I honestly think he must have hit the top and realized it was empty and full of poo poo people with no substance who just follow whatever trend they sniff on the breeze. As far as I'm concerned, his blood is on their hands.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Too bad about the skin disease.

Oh ewww why did they take the picture over the toilet and what is the black stuff floating in it wtf... Maybe cigarette ash
Wait is that another toilet in the background? I'm so confused by this picture and really wishing I didn't look at the background

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
The front ones the sink.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ohhhh :ms:

Now I just need to find out what the black crap is floating in the water and all will be well.

Edit on further inspection I bet it's black skin flakes after washing the tattoo.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Knee posted:

Apparently killed himself at the age of 32 :( (suicide is never the answer).

quote:

The Montreal police have not commented publicly on the death. Mr. Leduc said the city coroner was analyzing video footage of the area where the death occurred.

He said he believed that Mr. Genest had gone out for a smoke on an emergency third-floor balcony that is normally locked and might have been sitting on its railing, which he said rose only to “below the hips,” when he lost his balance and fell backward.

“From what we know, he fell on his backside,” Mr. Leduc told People.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Zombie Boy is sad because he lived just long enough to not just get discovered by the fashion industry, Lady Gaga and others, but also to have his look pilfered and coveted by people who would have sneered at him when he was homeless. loving hypocrite sycophants. I honestly think he must have hit the top and realized it was empty and full of poo poo people with no substance who just follow whatever trend they sniff on the breeze. As far as I'm concerned, his blood is on their hands.

One way or the other, tragic.

Dude was on his way somewhere, I mean he was in 47 Ronin with Keanu Reeves, on the drat poster for the movie, even if it was a bit part (I don't remember, nor do I remember what I thought of the movie).

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Knee posted:

Some content since I derailed a bit:

Rick "Zombie Boy" Genest

http://bestwnews.com/world-news/zombie-boy-death-incredible-video-reveals-tragic-rick-genest-looked-like-without-tattoos/
Apparently killed himself at the age of 32 :( (suicide is never the answer). I didn't really read the article but RIP fully tatted up and easily recognizable dude.
From the link: "the heavily- inked star is unrecognizable in the advert for L’Oreal’s DermaBlend concealer and make-up remover. In the Go Beyond the Cover video, Genest, who was 32 when he died, is first seen sitting on a stool with a flawless face and chest as the slogan: 'How do you judge a book?' appears. He then begins to wipe a cloth across his chest and, gradually, his skeletal tattoos begin to reappear."

Tragic story but goddamn that’s loving amazing coverup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Knee posted:

One way or the other, tragic.

Dude was on his way somewhere, I mean he was in 47 Ronin with Keanu Reeves, on the drat poster for the movie, even if it was a bit part (I don't remember, nor do I remember what I thought of the movie).

I think I read that he was due to be a much bigger part in the movie, but it all hit the cutting room floor.