Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

ksp was brilliant years ago, wonder what's happened to it

still remember the precise moment when everything about orbital physics finally clicked, and why relative maneuvers work the way they do [tho normal/antinormal burns are still loving perplexing to me as axes go, at least as far as understanding the result]

... long as i got some utility doing the actual MATH anyway, i can figure out the routes :v:

it’s very good and there are a lot of mods to help you calculate the important stuff like total delta v, required delta v for a given orbit, etc, plus the best mods let you make gently caress off huge rockets to get the parts for your massive space station up there to dock and assemble your massive as hell ship to go to the outer regions

I spent a lot of time setting up refueling stations around almost every planet with fuel miners on the surface to send fuel up to via special ships and what I’m saying here is my autism hit a critical mass playing that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

did they fix the ui so it actually scales. that game was basically unplayable even on a 2560x1600 monitor

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

did they fix the ui so it actually scales. that game was basically unplayable even on a 2560x1600 monitor

works on my machine

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

a ui scaling option in settings was added a while back, ur good

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

ksp was brilliant years ago, wonder what's happened to it

wasnt there a big hullaballoo about the devs who were getting paid literal pennies (10k usd a year or some poo poo) and the management kicked them all out or some poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

wasnt there a big hullaballoo about the devs who were getting paid literal pennies (10k usd a year or some poo poo) and the management kicked them all out or some poo poo

i wouldn't be shocked yes, would explain some of the departures i saw before i was done playing a couple years back

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it’s very good and there are a lot of mods to help you calculate the important stuff like total delta v, required delta v for a given orbit, etc, plus the best mods let you make gently caress off huge rockets to get the parts for your massive space station up there to dock and assemble your massive as hell ship to go to the outer regions

I spent a lot of time setting up refueling stations around almost every planet with fuel miners on the surface to send fuel up to via special ships and what I’m saying here is my autism hit a critical mass playing that game

if you couldn't launch it in one massively overstaged asparagus-spin monstrosity it didn't deserve to reach geostationary orbit :colbert:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I enjoyed KSP and was pretty stoked when I finally orbited the muun and came back to earth (without infinite fuel ofc).

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

ate all the Oreos posted:

the way stuff like the parker solar probe gets close to the sun is by looping around a big planet and using orbital slingshot shenanigans to slow it way the hell down

I thought the slingshot was for going back in time though

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

eschaton posted:

loving love star trek and it's hard science fiction

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

eschaton posted:

only if it's around the sun

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
a dude i worked with bought another tesla for his homegrown tesla rental company wearing his own company's t-shirts with "in musk we trust" on it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Phone posted:

a dude i worked with bought another tesla for his homegrown tesla rental company wearing his own company's t-shirts with "in musk we trust" on it

i hope all the employees are very smelly

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR4CFiuR3tQ
no one in this video really seems to mention that this is a 5 year old car that was purchased for something like $100,000 so it probably shouldn't be having constant minor equipment failures.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the guy who pieces together 1 Tesla from 2 broken ones owns but he probably wouldn’t have been able to do it in a state other than his own because MA has Right To Repair laws

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Wait, there are dedicated Big Bang Theory fans?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jimmy Carter posted:

the guy who pieces together 1 Tesla from 2 broken ones owns but he probably wouldn’t have been able to do it in a state other than his own because MA has Right To Repair laws

Yeah Motherboard did a piece on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAMczraBIM

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jimmy Carter posted:

did those help though? (i can’t remember what he said about this in his videos :downs:) he got zero help from tesla who wouldn’t sell him any repair parts and the fact that his first car still supercharges sounds like not much more than luck.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

seems like someone should do the needful and make a supercharger hack.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

spankmeister posted:

seems like someone should do the needful and make a supercharger hack.

i want to believe

e: lol. it’s irl ray smuckles.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

George posted:

everyone please listen to Doomtree

thanks

Lonoxmont
Aug 28, 2018
I'm too stupid to put something witty here. Sorry. :canada:

President Beep posted:

i want to believe

e: lol. it’s irl ray smuckles.

What am I looking at here? Some dude managed to fool a supercharger into charging a non-tesla car?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lonoxmont posted:

What am I looking at here? Some dude managed to fool a supercharger into charging a non-tesla car?

google says the plugs fit in europe, but they don't actually charge

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

loving love star trek and it's hard science fiction

I like how they were so casual about it; like drop one line about slingshotting at the beginning of the episode to explain why they’re in the past like it’s everyday procedure and that’s all the mention it gets

It’s almost as fun as the crossover episode for another failed series with a much more traditional script

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ocarina of grimes

ocarina of crimes

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Haven’t people been making hacked supercharger patch cables?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

akadajet posted:

ah, crumbs.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If I had an electric car I would definitely look into stealing power from Elon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

spankmeister posted:

If I had an electric car I would definitely look into stealing power from Elon

tweeting is easier and much more effective

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

akadajet posted:

i think xealous/fart powered cars explained how to spoof the tesla chargers somewhere in this thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they said auth is vehicle side, so unless you're spoofing a tesla ecu, i don't think that works

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Has this made it here yet?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

President Beep posted:

did those help though? (i can’t remember what he said about this in his videos :downs:) he got zero help from tesla who wouldn’t sell him any repair parts and the fact that his first car still supercharges sounds like not much more than luck.

if the airbags don’t blow, it doesn’t phone your VIN home and you’re fine.

that being said, apparently you can just flip some variables in the firmware and unplug the SIM and suddenly you can supercharge once they’ve taken it away

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FormatAmerica posted:

a ui scaling option in settings was added a while back, ur good
good. i got in an argument four yrs ago with insane ppl in the ksp games thread about this who refused to admit the problem, even tho the devs themselves did. “you need glasses”, lol. avs were changed, etc

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Chris Knight posted:

ocarina of grimes

ocarina of crimes
Breath of the Felony.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SardonicTyrant posted:

Breath of the Felony.

Majority Shareholders Mask

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SardonicTyrant posted:

Breath of the Felony.

Skyward Fraud

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Twilight Tweetfest

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

SardonicTyrant posted:

Breath of the Felony.

Musk's Awakening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy