Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FistEnergy posted:

https://ibb.co/cPrhpe

Finally. Good Lord that's stupid game design.

I would walk thirty six miles
And I would walk thirty six more
Just to evolve this loving useless fish
And lay Gyarados on Willow's floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've thrown away 200 ultra/great balls in the last few days to make room for pokeballs for my Plus to throw. #FirstWorldKantoProblems

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Walked into my therapist's office this morning, and she asked me how I'm doing.

"Pretty great, actually," I said. "I got here early for once, so I booted up Pokemon Go, and there was a friggin' Lunatone behind your office!"

#KantoProblems

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey what the heck weren't Ultra Boxes 15 Super Incubators and some other crap for 1480 coins just the other day? Or 12 Incubators? Now I look and it's 10 Super Incubators, and some other crap, for the same price. I don't care if it's still a deal, I'm pissed and the game just missed its chance to take $10 of my Google credit.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey what the heck weren't Ultra Boxes 15 Super Incubators and some other crap for 1480 coins just the other day? Or 12 Incubators? Now I look and it's 10 Super Incubators, and some other crap, for the same price. I don't care if it's still a deal, I'm pissed and the game just missed its chance to take $10 of my Google credit.

It has 2 fewer incubators and raid passes, but it added 14 star pieces!

10 incubators is still enough to get a full batch going at once so I don't mind. I'd much rather have the star pieces in there than incense, especially with Moltres day and the stardust event coming up.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in east Tennessee and I need one pokèfriend.

Got it!

JesustheDarkLord fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 31, 2018

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I really hope that Niantic is going to implement some way of disabling the new notifications. They are just large enough and placed perfectly over all the buttons on the top screen and love to also block the cp ui when catching a pokemon.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Or allow them to be swiped away.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Old Swerdlow posted:

I really hope that Niantic is going to implement some way of disabling the new notifications. They are just large enough and placed perfectly over all the buttons on the top screen and love to also block the cp ui when catching a pokemon.

No poo poo, it's terribly annoying

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Old Swerdlow posted:

Please this. They cover most of the Pokemon Go+ connection icon, and half the time I'm reflex-mashing at it when the screen loads, only to bring up someone's gift notification instead.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'm going to China in 2 weeks. I just realized that Google and Facebook are both banned there... I originally set up my pogo account with Google, and have my son's linked to my Facebook. Will I be able to log in with either account?

Does the log in verify you on your end first or just their end?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RodShaft posted:

I'm going to China in 2 weeks. I just realized that Google and Facebook are both banned there... I originally set up my pogo account with Google, and have my son's linked to my Facebook. Will I be able to log in with either account?

Just get a VPN and you'll be fine

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Old Swerdlow posted:

Yeah they’re really loving annoying. Half the time I tap on one it crashes the app as well.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

RodShaft posted:

You can’t play it there anyway. Nothing exists on the world map, it reports “no GPS” errors, egg distance doesn’t increase and you can’t catch anything.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I found a pretty good usable bug, might be well known, didn't really search it out.

You can skip the gift sending animation completely:

Pick the gift, hit send, immediately hit the X button underneath the send button. You will probably be brought back to the gift selection screen, just hit x again to back out all the way to the friend screen. Sometimes it just goes immediately back to the friend with a success message.

You get the gift sent message once you back out. Works reliably, similar to the catch animation cancel.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Nam Taf posted:

You can’t play it there anyway. Nothing exists on the world map, it reports “no GPS” errors, egg distance doesn’t increase and you can’t catch anything.

WHAT!? drat TRUMP AND HIS TRADE WAR!

Seriously though. That sucks. I wasn't planning on Pokemoning much (just at the train stations and hotels, but I was still excited about loading up on trades for distance.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm in east Tennessee and I need one pokèfriend.

Got it!

Hey, add me if you haven't already. East TN are my stomping grounds when I'm in the states and I'm planning a visit in December.

9433 3489 3664

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

no pubes yet sorry posted:

I found a pretty good usable bug, might be well known, didn't really search it out.

Pick the gift, hit send, immediately hit the X button underneath the send button. You will probably be brought back to the gift selection screen, just hit x again to back out all the way to the friend screen. Sometimes it just goes immediately back to the friend with a success message.

You get the gift sent message once you back out. Works reliably, similar to the catch animation cancel.

This works similarly for gift opening as well.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Just hit the back softkey as soon as the gift animation starts. It's a huge help.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

This works similarly for gift opening as well.

Hitting back on your phone works too.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Can I start walking an evee now for the quest or does all the km need to be registered? I rather keep walking my shiny whale if possible

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

no pubes yet sorry posted:

When you open a gift mash where the x was under it as the animation starts to skip the whole process

Thank me later

E: i should read before posting

RodShaft posted:

WHAT!? drat TRUMP AND HIS TRADE WAR!

Seriously though. That sucks. I wasn't planning on Pokemoning much (just at the train stations and hotels, but I was still excited about loading up on trades for distance.

Add one of us Aussies and hatch our eggs

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Nam Taf posted:

Add one of us Aussies and hatch our eggs

I added a few when the list first dropped, it just would have been nice to do it from traveling.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

RodShaft posted:

I added a few when the list first dropped, it just would have been nice to do it from traveling.

You only have to drive like 63 miles to max out the distance bonus.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Kharmakazy posted:

You only have to drive like 63 miles to max out the distance bonus.

I just thought it would be cool to catch some pokes in China then come back and trade them to the local group. It'd pump up my distance badge in a cool way.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Turned on the game in my house before leaving for the zoo and saw a Wingull. One catch, one shiny 😎

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Captain Duvel posted:

Can I start walking an evee now for the quest or does all the km need to be registered? I rather keep walking my shiny whale if possible

You can start a little bit early, since you must get 2 candy from the eevee, but you can pre-walk to 4.99km. So not a huge win, since you have to collect 4 candies total

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
There are a ton of Wingulls out today.

Also, doing the three friends thing, if someone would be so kind.

8882 4381 9386

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wheany posted:

You can start a little bit early, since you must get 2 candy from the eevee, but you can pre-walk to 4.99km. So not a huge win, since you have to collect 4 candies total

I almost wonder if you can stagger 4 eevee at 4.9 and 9.9 and switch as needed

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
You lose progress when you swap buddies

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just walk the 20km it’s not that bad

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Wheany posted:

Well gently caress me that's 5km wasted then.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

just walk the 20km it’s not that bad

Yeah just walk it and stop overthinking it. You're more likely to screw up and get the wrong evolution than beat the system for a few km.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Beastyfella posted:

You lose progress when you swap buddies

gently caress, I forgot that. I don't mess with buddy poo poo unless necessary

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
When does the monthly legendary reset? I'm sitting on my last turn in

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

When does the monthly legendary reset? I'm sitting on my last turn in

I thought it was today.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

pubic works project posted:

I thought it was today.

I did my 7th research task and still got Raikou this morning

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Monthly research resets at 1pm Pacific time, IIRC.
Wait until tonight if you want to be sure.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

pubic works project posted:

I thought it was today.

It is today, in about two and a half hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
I just caught this beautiful boy and evolved him.

• Locked thread