Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Instead of guns we should punish people like they do in Singapore.

nsfw for violence, probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpfeBfPAwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

Instead of guns we should punish people like they do in Singapore.

nsfw for violence, probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpfeBfPAwY

What is it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh no how dare this person have a ‘real’ job in between his seemingly steady acting work. What an embarrassing situation for him! Jesus people loving suck.

https://twitter.com/justinebateman/status/1035713958907269120?s=21

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm not clicking it but Singapore is known for still caneing people.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Anyone watching BBC's Bodyguard?

They posted the first 17 minutes online, looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7P7t4yEfA

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

Oh no how dare this person have a ‘real’ job in between his seemingly steady acting work. What an embarrassing situation for him! Jesus people loving suck.

https://twitter.com/justinebateman/status/1035713958907269120?s=21

I heard that on the radio the other day and all I could think of was the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode with him in it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Of course the original story was on the Daily Mail

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Three episodes into Lodge 49 and, yeah, this is the good stuff. Thanks for talking it up!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

According to his IMDB he still regularly does small TV roles and apparently has worked on Broadway. He’s also a Shakespearean trained actor that teaches Shakespeare classes, but sure let’s just forget all that because he has a day job and his shirt got a stain on it.

Let’s also not forget like all his castmates this guy got hosed out of some serious residuals because the lead of the hit show he was on that was in reruns all the drat time turned out to be a rape monster.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Regarding music chat: Royal Blood is freaking awesome and I was wrong to say no good rock albums have come out recently.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

asecondduck posted:

Regarding music chat: Royal Blood is freaking awesome and I was wrong to say no good rock albums have come out recently.

Yes they are and yes you were.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yup. Slacker Radio (which I literally forgot was a thing until a couple days ago) has a station called "Alternative Deep Dive" which I think would be up a lot of y'all's alley. That's how I found Royal Blood.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

asecondduck posted:

Yup. Slacker Radio (which I literally forgot was a thing until a couple days ago) has a station called "Alternative Deep Dive" which I think would be up a lot of y'all's alley. That's how I found Royal Blood.

The bassist and drummer only duo band thing has been done a bunch but I’m not sure anyone’s had a fuller and bigger sound from it than Royal Blood. I had a hard time believeing it was only two guys and only two instruments.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's kinda weird people are talking about Royal Blood like they're hard to find or something when my local iHeartMedia owned "modern rock" radio station has been playing them as part of normal rotation for quite awhile.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I literally have a bachelor's degree with a major in radio and I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just saw Sean William Scott is replacing the guy in Lethal Weapon. Scott and Wayans as a buddy cop duo was literally a joke in Super Troopers 2 and I might check this show out now...

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Farscape reboot/renewal?

https://twitter.com/haylee_fisher/status/1035630197423386624?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaunab posted:

If only cops had some sort of option that wasn't as lethal as bullets. Oh well.

Too busy using them of children I guess

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

swickles posted:

I just saw Sean William Scott is replacing the guy in Lethal Weapon. Scott and Wayans as a buddy cop duo was literally a joke in Super Troopers 2 and I might check this show out now...

Crawford went on some podcast recently and talked about the firing and apparently he never really believed they would do it.

So a while back TNT announced that they had bought the rights to do an adaptation of the Broken Earth trilogy but there hasn't been a ton of news since. I'm hoping that NK Jemisin's recent historic Hugo win lights a fire under their asses and they actually make it sometime soon.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

swickles posted:

Wayans Sr is on LW. Wayans Jr was in ST2

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

shut the gently caress up

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ben Browder got fat and Claudia Black is a blonde smoke show. Let's do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Ben Browder got fat and Claudia Black is a blonde smoke show. Let's do it.

He got fat because of his knee surgery but he lost most of the weight! He was in GotG2 and he was slim and gold and handsome AND YOUU SHUT UP AND STOP DISRESPECTING JOHN CRICHTON.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

shut the gently caress up

No.

But I gues sit all comes down to rightsholders and funding. It's all well and good for a puppeteer to say he wants to do more.

Also, youtube not tv, but World War 2 in real time has just launched. Same host as The Great War channel (ww1 week by week) but a different studio behind the project and it is a bit lower budget in the meantime until they start making money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-A1gVm9T0A

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sadly Jonathan Hardy died 6 years ago so Rygel will be a wrong-sounding muppet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

drunkill posted:

Also, youtube not tv, but World War 2 in real time has just launched. Same host as The Great War channel (ww1 week by week) but a different studio behind the project and it is a bit lower budget in the meantime until they start making money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-A1gVm9T0A

This is super cool, thanks for sharing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

This is super cool, thanks for sharing.
Checkout the (four year) backlog of the WW1 series, same host but a different production team behind both series which follows WW1 week by week 100 years later, eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88fJG3pmzc4

The Great War (spoilers) will end in two and a half month, hence the launch of this WW2 following the war 79 years to the week, instead of waiting for the 80th year next year. Because this WW2 project is a different production team it has a lesser budget for the moment and will no doubt improve over time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I assume it's partly comedic. I am reliably informed (my mother and sister never miss an episode) that NCIS: LA is "the funny one".

Oh is she the one that's the irl Edna Mode?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this! posted:

Crawford went on some podcast recently and talked about the firing and apparently he never really believed they would do it.

The most surprising thing I learned from reading about that podcast is that Damon Wayans is a Jehovah's Witness. Are all the Wayanses JWs?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Oh my god.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

The most surprising thing I learned from reading about that podcast is that Damon Wayans is a Jehovah's Witness. Are all the Wayanses JWs?

Whole family.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 1, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just finished up the first three episodes of Jack Ryan. It was good, but after Condor set such a high spy show bar just a couple months ago it's just not gonna get to that level probably.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I finished all of Jack Ryan and it has a few cool moments but it's nothing special. Honestly feels like a CBS show with a couple tits randomly thrown in. Also Abbie Cornish's American accent is horrible. She tried to do it in the Robocop reboot and was terrible there too. It's most egregious when she tries to pronounce "helicopter" but says "Heleecopter" and it just sounds so goofy. Stop making her do American accents.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 2, 2018

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working

X-O posted:

Just finished up the first three episodes of Jack Ryan. It was good, but after Condor set such a high spy show bar just a couple months ago it's just not gonna get to that level probably.

I was so excited for Jack Ryan but its incredibly mediocre. All that pent-up "I want to watch a spy show" energy into waiting for NetFlix/Amazon/Hulu to pick up Condor (I seriously don't understand the economics of making a show for such a small audience - I don't know anyone who uses dish and no one I know has heard of the show).

On a more positive note - thanks to the thread for recommending Joe Pera - absolute favorite new thing I've watched this year!

False fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 3, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

False posted:

I was so excited for Jack Ryan but its incredibly mediocre. All that pent-up "I want to watch a spy show" energy into waiting for NetFlix/Amazon/Hulu to pick up Condor (I seriously don't understand the economics of making a show for such a small audience - I don't know anyone who uses dish and no one I know has heard of the show).

On a more positive note - thanks to the thread for recommending Joe Pera - absolute favorite new thing I've watched this year!

You might be waiting on Condor a while. I don't even think Mr. Mercedes ever ended up on any other service and it's already in its second season.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you like Joe Pera be sure to track down the work of the individuals who worked on it, I've loved Conner O'Malley for years and him getting to write for it was a perfect fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvghejpxMn4

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What is it with British people setting their murder-solving shows in remote locations where the population density can't possibly sustain the murder rate needed for a full season.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Lurdiak posted:

What is it with British people setting their murder-solving shows in remote locations where the population density can't possibly sustain the murder rate needed for a full season.

Better for people to die somewhere warm and colorful instead of the grey, rainy peat bogs filled with boiled meats.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vanderdeath posted:

Better for people to die somewhere warm and colorful instead of the grey, rainy peat bogs filled with boiled meats.

You'd think if there's like 200 people in a town, they'd move away after the 16th murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Death in Paradise is hilarious because Saint Marie is deadlier than Chicago at this point.