Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I wish I could watch this live, at least it'll be up on NJPW fairly soon afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

allin jones. haha

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Takuan posted:

It wasn't anywhere near as entertaining as a trainwreck.
Highlights, such as the are, include:
Shane Helms and Disco Inferno defending Nickleback.
Inviting fans to form a line and explain why they hate Roman Reigns.
The fan's reasoning include such hot takes as "He's like every douche jock in high school." "The Spear is a bad finisher because football players get tackled then get right back up." and a 10 year old saying "I hate Roman Reigns because he's trash on the mic."
During this, Disco complimented almost everyone's t-shirts.
Disco Inferno: "You shouldn't boo Roman Reigns because he's a talented wrestler and good looking. Also I acknowledge his booking has been bad and he's bad at talking because they feed him bad scripts"
Also Disco Inferno: "Every character on WWE sounds like they're reading a script, you can't hold that against Reigns. Who on WWE sound good reading a script? .... Ok, yeah, Samoa Joe is great"
The last 20 minutes were Konnan reading names from a list and Disco going off on why he has a personal grievance with them.
He's mad at Chris Jericho because Jericho doesn't give Disco credit for introducing him(Jericho) to his wife.
Disco thinks Road Dogg broke up The Fashion Police because Disco was a huge fan of theirs and lobbied Road Dogg to put the tag titles on them, and then Road Dogg broke up the Fashion Police just to annoy Disco.
He doesn't like Shark Boy because Shark Boy is mean to him on twitter.
He said Mike Beltran shouldn't be allowed to be a UFC referee because his mustache too long.
"Comic books are just one step up from coloring books. Also I have an original copy of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns that's worth like $200."

:stare:

That's some crap. The Sean Mooney one looks light years better.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
:getin: been waiting for this... :getin:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm currently in a massive merch line, but I NEED that Chicago Chaos shirt.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If you make a new Fite.tv account using code "9gpj6ep" you'll get a free $15 credit you can use for All In.

I'm sure some other goons have codes to share too.

E: turns out this credit can only be used on things that it fully covers the cost of.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 1, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Unban Racist Guiding Light

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Unban Racist Guiding Light

Wait what did RGL get banned for

Other than the "racism" comedy answer

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Takuan posted:

The last 20 minutes were Konnan reading names from a list and Disco going off on why he has a personal grievance with them.
That sounds like the most Disco thing ever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wait what did RGL get banned for

Other than the "racism" comedy answer

making GBS threads up the NXT thread

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh in that case unban him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

making GBS threads up the NXT thread

More specifically, being told to NOT poo poo up the NXT thread for at least 6 months by a mod and then doing it like 3 weeks later.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was actually for posting in an NXT thread while under a warning to not post in the nxt thread due to disagreements with his opinions

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TTBF posted:

If you make a new Fite.tv account using code "9gpj6ep" you'll get a free $15 credit you can use for All In.

I'm sure some other goons have codes to share too.

I thought you can't apply credit except for something that is fully covered by it.

Also here's mine so I can whore it out some more.

If you want you can use my code "gdp90e6" to get $15 credit for the FITE app. https://www.fite.tv/invite/gdp90e6

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hmm after careful review of this new information I think he should get a second chance!

lol he never was one to heed a warning

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I thought you can't apply credit except for something that is fully covered by it.

Also here's mine so I can whore it out some more.

If you want you can use my code "gdp90e6" to get $15 credit for the FITE app. https://www.fite.tv/invite/gdp90e6

just came in here to post about this cause i think this is the case. i was willing to pay $25 to watch this live, but i'm not paying 40 when i could watch the vod right after on my njpw world sub i already pay for

welp see yall after the show i guess

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

excited about main eventer nick aldis

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

cams posted:

just came in here to post about this cause i think this is the case. i was willing to pay $25 to watch this live, but i'm not paying 40 when i could watch the vod right after on my njpw world sub i already pay for

Yeah this is dumb and somewhat deceptive. Ah well, I can wait for NJPW world too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

If you want to watch it live, you can pay like $30 by buying a month of ROH and then the PPV.

They've also been cagey about when it's going up on World, so I assume that means it'll be up right before the Long Beach show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Zero Hour streaming anywhere or is that exclusive to WGN?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

Yeah, you can't do partial buys.

See the trick with Fite.TV is never pay for anything just credit.

It's worth mentioning that you can sign up using an invite code with any device that the app hasn't been installed on yet. I have friends and family install the app order something using credit and then delete it (or extra devices you have).

The best was when you could get $15 when someone ordered their first event even if it was using credit. Now it's just $5 for signup and then $10 when they buy an event. So it's still possible just a slight pita compared to before.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is the first time I've spent money on wrestling since going to the Raw where Daniel Bryan retired.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's worth mentioning that you can sign up using an invite code with any device that the app hasn't been installed on yet. I have friends and family install the app order something using credit and then delete it (or extra devices you have).

The best was when you could get $15 when someone ordered their first event even if it was using credit. Now it's just $5 for signup and then $10 when they buy an event. So it's still possible just a slight pita compared to before.

That seems really complicated to watch a wrestling show

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Well poo poo, I didn't know about the no partial buys thing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

If you want to watch it live, you can pay like $30 by buying a month of ROH and then the PPV.

They've also been cagey about when it's going up on World, so I assume that means it'll be up right before the Long Beach show.
ehhhh i was way cooler giving my money to fite rather than directly to sinclair. i'll just hope it ends up on njpw world tonight rather than down the line.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That seems really complicated to watch a wrestling show
It was something I did when they had the old payment model. Also I used for the other MMA and wrestling that is on Fite. Truthfully just dropping links a few places got me all the credit I needed. Thanks to all the goons who used it during WrestleMania weekend this year. I think I had like $250 in credit then.

Hell I still get random signs now and then that I can't even figure out where it came from.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

the accounts i referred today definitely bought ppvs, just didn't get the extra 10$ per. was hoping that'd cover it. ooooh well.

edit: nm, reread your post. people have to spend actual money now for you to get the full $10. i hosed up by not buying events that were like 12.99 or whatever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It was something I did when they had the old payment model. Also I used for the other MMA and wrestling that is on Fite. Truthfully just dropping links a few places got me all the credit I needed. Thanks to all the goons who used it during WrestleMania weekend this year. I think I had like $250 in credit then.

Hell I still get random signs now and then that I can't even figure out where it came from.

Don't get me wrong I'm definitely down with you sharing ways for people to get it cheaper

I just dunno if I'd have the patience to do all that lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how much money in dollars do you think this show is worth. Here are the options In the poll:

a. one dollar
b. two dollars
c. three dollars
d. four dollars
e. five dollars
f. six dollars
g. seven dollars
h. eight dollars
i. nine dollars
j. ten dollars
k. eleven dollars
l. twelve dollars
m. thirteen dollars
n. fourteen dollars
o. fifteen dollars
p. sixteen dollars
q. seventeen dollars
r. eighteen dollars
s. nineteen dollars
t. twenty dollars
u. twenty-one dollars
v. twenty-two dollars
w. twenty-three dollars
x. twenty-four dollars
y. twenty-five dollars
z. twenty-six dollars
aa. twenty-seven dollars
bb. twenty-eight dollars
cc. twenty-nine dollars
dd. thirty dollars
ee. thirty-one dollars
ff. thirty-two dollars
gg. thirty-three dollars
hh. thirty-four dollars
ii. thirty-five dollars
jj. thirty-six dollars
kk. thirty-seven dollars
ll. thirty-eight dollars
mm. thirty-nine dollars
nn. forty dollars
oo. forty-one dollars
pp. forty-two dollars
qq. forty-three dollars
rr. forty-four dollars
ss. forty-five dollars
tt. forty-six dollars
uu. forty-seven dollars
vv. forty-eight dollars
ww. forty-nine dollars
xx. fifty dollars
yy. it's worth more than fifty dollars (this option will be counted as fifty-one dollars)
zz. it's not worth any money at all

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Don't get me wrong I'm definitely down with you sharing ways for people to get it cheaper

I just dunno if I'd have the patience to do all that lol

Yeah I can totally understand that. But really just sharing links does the job. The other stuff I only did at the very start and if it wasn't while visiting family and borrowing a phone for a minute or using my spouses would be really time consuming and silly and be a Slickdeals weirdo type of thing.

Still with link sharing I literally got $5 a few minutes ago from I don't even know where.

cams posted:

the accounts i referred today definitely bought ppvs, just didn't get the extra 10$ per. was hoping that'd cover it. ooooh well.

edit: nm, reread your post. people have to spend actual money now for you to get the full $10. i hosed up by not buying events that were like 12.99 or whatever.
Yeah, that's why the old way was a lot easier also it was $5 initially and then another $15 on ordering. Still I'm constantly surprised with additional credit by people who actually buy stuff.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro you forgot to add an option for "I have no idea who is even on this card other than Cody Rhodes but people were super pumped about it so I decided to watch it and will determine how much it's worth afterwards" to your poll

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This was really good and got me interested in this match when I previously didn't care.

I'm glad Billy Corgan is still self aware enough to use his old music.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

zz and just pretend I did fite.tv referral magic instead of :filez: okay

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

fite code: gdlv29z

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

that's a dope shirt

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pre-show starting and I have loving goosebumps.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

already better than wwe

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
The audio is a bit terrible. :/

SCU!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol holy poo poo

Adbot