Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
By god, It's John Mayo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I really hate it when celebrities have competitive matches with actual wrestlers

Daniels has wrestled for 25 years, what sense does it make to sell for someone with three matches

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wait, this is the guy who tagged with Neville at Wrestlemania, right?

This is a really weird show.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Christopher Daniels is seriously like my favorite wrestler to never get the run he deserved.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

My wife is shocked that Daniels is 48. "Look at him, he's so spry!" she said.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

I really hate it when celebrities have competitive matches with actual wrestlers

Daniels has wrestled for 25 years, what sense does it make to sell for someone with three matches

He's a superhero.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Not a bad dropkick from Amell!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

Daniels seems perfectly happy to have comedy matches when doing singles now.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Low Desert Punk posted:

He's just utilizing the rage from being framed by CD for murder

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stephen Amell could be a decent pro wrestler if Arrow ever ends

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta assume everyone just agreed that if anyone could get a passable match out of Amell it would be Christopher Daniels.

And Daniels probably reveled in the challenge and didn't for one second feel embarrassed by it.

In conclusion I miss Curry Man.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

remusclaw posted:

Christopher Daniels is seriously like my favorite wrestler to never get the run he deserved.

Deffo. He's been a favorite since I was buying weird indie tapes off Highspots.com back in the early 2000s and he never blew up like Punk, Danielson, Samoa Joe and other ROH super studs.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Daniels absolutely should have been a major ROH, if not TNA World Champion in the mid-00s.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I gotta assume everyone just agreed that if anyone could get a passable match out of Amell it would be Christopher Daniels.

And Daniels probably reveled in the challenge and didn't for one second feel embarrassed by it.

I saw Daniels wrestle 2 weeks ago in a singlet with Venom logos all over it. Dude probably jumped at the chance to fight Green Arrow.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Takuan posted:

My wife is shocked that Daniels is 48. "Look at him, he's so spry!" she said.

when i was first paying attention to indie wrestling like 15 years ago, wrestlers referred to christopher daniels as "old man daniels"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

when i was first paying attention to indie wrestling like 15 years ago, wrestlers referred to christopher daniels as "old man daniels"

Daniels is one of the few guys still active who worked for ECW, WCW, WWE, ROH , New Japan and TNA.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Done in by his own doing!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just want to say this is my first and last show via Honor Club. Stream is trash. I don't know why I didn't listen to people who warned me but the discount was too enticing after MSG tickets and here I am.

E: Stream just poo poo itself and now I have a spinning ROH logo. Great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Holy poo poo (no pun intended), taking a good long dump seems to have pretty much sorted out my problems getting streaming to work just by waiting.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

remusclaw posted:

He was the least interesting member of the British Invasion in TNA.

oh my god. i thought he just SEEMED like the lovely boring british guys who almost ruined the perfect Black Machismo vs Ric Flair promo, i didn't realize that was ACTUALLY nick aldis

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"nobody kicks out of the falcon arrow" lmao

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Didn't quite do the deal

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yo this is actually pretty good

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

holy gently caress a coast-to-coast :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I might be wrong but Amell looks a little blown up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L posted:

Daniels is one of the few guys still active who worked for ECW, WCW, WWE, ROH , New Japan and TNA.
Did Dreamer ever work for New Japan? :thunk:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yea amell looks gassed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stare: Holy gently caress

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tweak posted:

"nobody kicks out of the falcon arrow" lmao
lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

cams posted:

Like, I remember hearing about Christopher Daniels being the indy standout veteran back when WCW was still around. I was jacked to finally see him on the first ROH show and when he showed up on TNA weekly PPVs. It was like him, Reckless Youth, and Mike Modest or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ROH stream has been super solid for me but the site is so bad I'm never gonna buy another event from them again.

This is not a major threat because this is the first PPV I've bought in like 16 years.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

VJeff posted:

I might be wrong but Amell looks a little blown up.

Oh yikes, for sure after that near pinfall where Daniels had to pull him up.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
amell is a better worker than ronda rousey

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

loving :laffo: at Daniels gently placing himself on the table

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This is awesome.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

loving RIP

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

loving :laffo: at Daniels gently placing himself on the table

Was a trap!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Well, that looked rather wobbly while on top, but he landed the coast to coast.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dummy amell fell for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I was gonna say. It's only stupid if it isn't a lure.

• Locked thread