Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God drat Stephen, you've got a whole season of Arrow to shoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why are they using tables with the plastic stripping around the edge that's just an accident waiting to happen

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
JERRY SHOES DEMANDS A WINNER

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fauxhawk Express posted:

loving :laffo: at Daniels gently placing himself on the table

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tweak posted:

dummy amell fell for it

God drat, Diaz!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy smokes that did not break his fall at ALL. Fair play to you, Stephen. :stare:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

ROH stream has been super solid for me but the site is so bad I'm never gonna buy another event from them again.

This is not a major threat because this is the first PPV I've bought in like 16 years.

This is fair. Anyone who complains about NJPW World has never used ROH's site.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This is ending with Lynn hitting the GSP isn't it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

christopher daniels looked like a stupid tool and was on the wrong side of 30 before anyone even cared about independent wrestling so that's why he never got the shot he deserved. he fixed looking like an embarrassing dumbass though

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Arrow dude had some stones taking that table bump. That looked like it suuuuuucked.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Looks like the cost of fixing my stream is being behind all of you by 30-60 seconds. :sigh:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Holy smokes that did not break his fall at ALL. Fair play to you, Stephen. :stare:

like, he's not very good at this but it doesn't really matter because he's trying so loving hard

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Fauxhawk Express posted:

loving :laffo: at Daniels gently placing himself on the table

i died. he was literally laying down, stood up, walked like six feet, then climbed on the table and laid down all by himself

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

this is dope

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

CarlCX posted:

like, he's not very good at this but it doesn't really matter because he's trying so loving hard

honestly he's very good at this for his third match ever

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea, that was a rad match overall, props to Amell for throwing it all out here.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's goddamn amazing that Daniels can still hit the BME and overshoot his target when he's fuckin' 50 years old. (no shade meant, it's athletically astounding that he can do something so demanding)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Your Parents posted:

actually, yeah, that's entirely fair, I should say good in comparison to where he is but for his lack of experience he's pretty great

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Your Parents posted:

I mean there's a lot of smoke and mirrors there, but it works overall.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol that was so much better than the match between the two full-timers

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Your Parents posted:

Helps being with Christopher Daniels. If there was ever someone who could walk a guy like Amell through a match it's him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Match was ropey as hell but still the best non-wrestler match I've ever seen. Amell made up for his lack of skill with some serious guts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Amell really gave it his all there, props to him.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
That was a fun spectacle. I'm into it!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

that was cool for what it was tbh

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Low Desert Punk posted:

amell is a better worker than ronda rousey

and hes actually willing to take bumps

i was wrong about stephen

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm guessing this show will need to be carried by its main events to deliver on the hype.

I don't know who Jerry Lynn is, though, so that element of the match was lost on me.

edit: OK, I'm excited about this women's match though, I didn't think New Japan or ROH really did women's wrestling

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L posted:

It's goddamn amazing that Daniels can still hit the BME and overshoot his target when he's fuckin' 50 years old.
The amazing thing to me is that he's still doing that after all the years working a style that has to take more of a toll on the body than a style like guys like Suzuki are working.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Helps being with Christopher Daniels. If there was ever someone who could walk a guy like Amell through a match it's him.
yeah my immediate reaction to seeing that match booked was "this makes sense."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
is there a reason why tenille isn't wrestling?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

surf rock posted:

I'm guessing this show will need to be carried by its main events to deliver on the hype.

I don't know who Jerry Lynn is, though, so that element of the match was lost on me.

that was for 30 year old smarks drinking white monster like me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

is there a reason why tenille isn't wrestling?

she's drunk atm

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Amell did good

Very rare to see a table explode like that, but drat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's Brittanica! :woop:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Lynn's an old school ECW guy, and got his start having great matches in the early 90s with Sean Waltman on the indies

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that they've sorted the audio out the presentation looks real loving good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

surf rock posted:

edit: OK, I'm excited about this women's match though, I didn't think New Japan or ROH really did women's wrestling

Maybe I'm just an old fart but I feel like if you're watching an indy show and don't know who Jerry Lynn is you're just making the wrong decision.

But I'm probably just old. When did he retire? Like 5 years ago? And his Mickey Rourke ROH run would have been like 2 more years before. So he wasn't really a thing for like a decade back to the early years of the X Division?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe I'm just an old fart but I feel like if you're watching an indy show and don't know who Jerry Lynn is you're just making the wrong decision.

But I'm probably just old. When did he retire? Like 5 years ago? And his Mickey Rourke ROH run would have been like 2 more years before. So he wasn't really a thing for like a decade back to the early years of the X Division?
We're getting old, remembering when Jerry Lynn was a thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oops, me and Chelsea went with the exact same look. What a faux pas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be funner to see jerry flynn because his mouth is wider than his head like goldeneye 64

• Locked thread