Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Jesus Christ what is Chelsea Green's gimmick?

She's... a jilted bride? Zombie?

I don't know what the hell

fake edit: Blanchard really needs better entrance music (this is like Stephanie's theme) but I remember her being good in last year's Mae Young Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jerry Lynn is the reason people liked Rob van Dam and thought he could work. He's a miracle worker.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I honestly thought Daniels would push Lynn too far, Jerry would hit the cradle/Gotch piledriver and Amell would cover for the win.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

fake edit: Blanchard really needs better entrance music (this is like Stephanie's theme) but I remember her being good in last year's Mae Young Classic

Jilted/crazy bride. More accurately, that was her gimmick in TNA which is where she got noticed.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Rarity posted:

It's Brittanica! :woop:

Wait holy gently caress is Kate Nash there?

HYPE

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lid posted:

Jerry Lynn is the reason people liked Rob van Dam and thought he could work. He's a miracle worker.

this is the loving truth

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

Pshh. He made people think Justin Credible could work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Wait holy gently caress is Kate Nash there?

HYPE

Nah, she was making a joke about Britt Baker coming out in a lab coat.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

surf rock posted:

Basically she got stood up at the altar or something like that and that sort of broke her mind, if I recall the story correctly.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that cord monkey doesn't know how close to death he just came

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Jilted/crazy bride. More accurately, that was her gimmick in TNA which is where she got noticed.

She's also got a split personality thing going, I guess, based on the commentary.

I'm into watching a match where people have personalities and gimmicks beyond "i'm the best at wrestling" though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, she was making a joke about Britt Baker coming out in a lab coat.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, friend surf rock :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

Pshh. He made people think Justin Credible could work.

A direct line can be drawn between Jerry Lynn and Christopher Daniels in that they could work with anyone and it was their opponents who got most of the credit through them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Basically she got stood up at the altar or something like that and that sort of broke her mind, if I recall the story correctly.

Again, in TNA that was the gimmick, and I think she's parlayed it into a Foley thing where she has multiple personalities/personas once the Hardys scared Anthem into letting TNA wrestlers use their gimmicks anywhere.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tweak posted:

that cord monkey doesn't know how close to death he just came
"Oh, I guess there's a wrestling match going on somewhere around here."

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Chelsea's gimmick :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my fucken rear end until I die from it later on. a While after

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I recall some indie booking Chelsea Green vs Laurel van Ness. (:ssh:They're the same woman:ssh:)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Again, in TNA that was the gimmick, and I think she's parlayed it into a Foley thing where she has multiple personalities/personas once the Hardys scared Anthem into letting TNA wrestlers use their gimmicks anywhere.

Yeah, from what I've seen she's got a basic fan favorite Chelsea Green generic character that snaps into the crazed bride Laurel Van Ness thing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L posted:

I recall some indie booking Chelsea Green vs Laurel van Ness. (:ssh:They're the same woman:ssh:)
Hahaha

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm kind of spamming the thread at this point but why did Chelsea Green spank herself if she wasn't even going to do a butt-based attack? Is one of her personalities a 1999 WWF woman wrestler?

Tessa Blanchard just looks really solid. Decent wrestling and the frame to throw around smaller wrestlers without getting stuck in a "giant" gimmick.

edit: it creeps me out how much Chelsea Green looks like Peyton Royce.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Turns out if you could only combine all the indies together you might have competition

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Tessa is leagues above everyone else in this match

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Also it seems to me that every time I see Tessa she's getting bigger - and I watch Impact somewhat regularly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I can't look at Chelsea Green because it reminds me too much of some early 2000s edgy indie, the name lost to time, that had a fake von Erich valet whose gimmick was the entire match the wrestler she was valeting had to stop her from trying to kill herself at ringside.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
It's good to see women wrestlers in the US, actually catch each other.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

surf rock posted:

I'm kind of spamming the thread at this point but why did Chelsea Green spank herself if she wasn't even going to do a butt-based attack? Is one of her personalities a 1999 WWF woman wrestler?
She crazy, that's it, I think.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I legit thought Tessa might have busted Madison rayne's face up with that back elbow, it sounded horrific

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Isn't this an elimination match?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hell of a shoulder post spot, she has a bright future in the wwe

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Only just noticed that Don had to go take a leak during this match. Honestly, Tenille's been pretty good.

Also odd but cool to see the TGI's logo on the ring skirt. Like, that weirdly adds to the big time feel, because it's a legit brand to have sponsoring something like this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Shoulder into the post spot? I thought this wasn't a WWE show!

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

One fall I think

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Lid posted:

fake von Erich valet whose gimmick was the entire match the wrestler she was valeting had to stop her from trying to kill herself at ringside.

yet it still isn't as scummy as half the poo poo Fritz pulled

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Ahahahahahahaha, OK, I want wrestlers to always just scream "SCREW YOU!" before hurling themselves into the ringpost full-speed.

One thing I liked from Britt Baker earlier was when she kept her arm around the other wrestler's neck for the full slingblade. That move looks so goofy when they let go super-early.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Nope, they brought it up at the start, it's one fall.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Seriously Tessa is so smooth and crisp with every little thing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

Hell of a shoulder post spot, she has a bright future in the wwe

I came here to get away from shoulders into posts but I knew there would be dives and apron spots

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Rarity posted:

Announcers said one fall even though it's called a survival match, kinda confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

"I feel at this point it's whoever can get the pin"

Lol

• Locked thread